19

Please remember to vote and comment. Happy Reading

***********************

Khushi and Arnav's eyes met the moment she entered AR. Arnav had made up a reason and excused himself from the shoot. But Anjali had insisted on joining him, saying they had something important to discuss. Shyam had sensed Arnav's restlessness and tagged along so that he could distract Anjali when needed.

"Oh, hi Khushi," Arnav greeted his girlfriend with a wide smile.

"Hi." Khushi addressed the trio.

"When did you get here?" Shyam asked, making conversation.

"Oh, you are here for signing the contract. You picked a bad day." Anjali said coming forward to greet her.

"If it is not a good time, I can come back at a later time." Khushi offered.

"No no. nothing of that sort. Its just that we are in the middle of a shoot and its not as smooth as we expected." Arnav explained.

"You know what, you should join us there. You'll get an idea of how things happen. This is after all your first time in this industry." Shyam suggested and Arnav was grateful for that man's existence.

"Jeejaji is right, join us Khushi." Arnav said to his girlfriend.

He moved to stand next to Khushi so that he could take her to the in-house studio.

"Anjali, did you take your vitamins?" Shyam asked, distracting his wife from disturbing the two.

"No, not yet." Anjali said and Shyam took her hand and pulled her towards her cabin.

"You guys carry on, will join you in some time." Shyam said as he left Arnav and Khushi with his wife in tow.

After the two of them left, Arnav turned to Khushi.

"Hi." He said.

Khushi blushed as she greeted him again.

"I missed you." He said.

"Really?"

"Of course. I wanted to hear your voice, first thing in the morning. But I wasn't sure you would be up." He admitted, one hand in his pocket, the other scratching his eyebrow.

"We can start doing that from tomorrow. You can be my alarm." Khushi said and Arnav smiled in return.

"We should go before your sister and brother in law comes back." Khushi said and Arnav nodded in agreement.

"Come on then." Arnav said, holding her hand and leading the way.

Khushi's eyes widened as she looked at her hand in his.

"Koi dekh lega." Khushi said, but did not pull her hand from his.

"Kya farak padta hai? We are going to tell them now anyway." Arnav said and Khushi relaxed. No one had seen them anyway. Not yet.

"But I think we should refrain from doing things like this, until we tell them." Khushi said and Arnav agreed. He did not let go yet.

"I will let go of your hand when we reach there. As you can see, there is no one around now." He said as he held her closer. She smiled in response and did not comment.

"We will tell them soon and then we won't have to hide anything." Arnav said as he let go of her hand as he pushed the door open.

"Khushi?" Akash asked as soon as he saw her behind Arnav.