5

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

Also take a look at  When its finally Revelead by my friend TaniaNaidoo 

**********************

Khushi was excited that morning. As she woke up and sat on her bed, the first thing she did was open up her phone and pull down the notifications bar.

Nothing

There was no alert regarding a message from one Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada.

Well, truth to be told, that disappointed her.

Why would he reply to a message from her? He would have better things to do in life - She thought to herself.

She did not bother checking the other alerts and kept her phone aside. Well, not before blasting her favourite tracks on her phone and connecting it to her bluetooth speakers.

With the music playing in the background, she went inside the washroom. As she put the toothpaste on to her brush, she wondered how naive it was of her to think Arnav Singh Raizada would immediately respond to her text.

"Khushi..." she heard her mother call out, during the pause that occured when the song that was playing ended and the next one began, followed by a knock on the door.

"I'm up. Getting ready." Khushi called out, the brush still in her mouth.

"Aawaz kam kar." Her mother said before leaving Khushi's room, to presumably go back to the kitchen. Khushi complied to her mother's request and reduced the volume, a little bit.

Khushi freshened up and joined her family for breakfast.

******

Arnav woke up with a smile on his face that day. He was planning to invite Khushi to the party. He would have to get Khushi's number from Payal - he thought. He'd planned to call her up and ask for a casual meeting. Then he would in person, invite her to the party at his home.

To be honest, he was little disappointed by the fact that Khushi had not called or texted him. He had after all given her, his personal phone number.

'You like her, not the other way around.' - He told himself as he scrolled through the unread messages on his phone, before joining his family for breakfast.

******

Payal was on her phone, going through her calendar, while having breakfast.

"Mohan should be here soon. I am done guys." Payal said leaving her breakfast mid-way.

"Why is he picking you up jiji?" Khushi asked as she took a bite of her apple.

"I have to go to RM today, Ratna Raizada's outfit for the party need to be finalised."

"What party?" Khushi was curious to know more. Especially if it involved the Raizadas. Or the youngest Raizada in particular.

"Arvind sir wanted to throw a victory bash after the success of the event. I have another meeting to attend with the fabric distributor today. I have to see if I can send Lavanya instead. I'll need to talk to ASR." Payal rambled on and on about how much she had to do that day and Khushi comforted her saying Payal would be able to get everything done on time.

"I really hope so Khushi. I just..." Payal trailed off as her phone rang and ASR calling flashed on the screen.

'Oh, so he has not lost his phone or anything. He just did not bother replying to me' Khushi muttered under her breath.