1

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

It was a little bit after sunset. Arnav could see the orange tint in the sky. Any other day, he would have taken the time to admire it. But, not today. 

Arnav was tensed. That was very unlike him. Usually he was always prim and proper and ready for the task in hand. But this time, it was more important than any other day. It was a matter of his father's pride. Everyone Arvind Raizada knew was there. This was the first time he was stepping foot in Sheesh Mahal after thirteen years. It was a big deal for Arvind. It was a big deal for Ratna. And hence, It was a bigger deal for Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav wanted to make this night the most memorable night of Arvind's life.

Arnav wanted his father to be proud of him.

Arnav wanted his mother to be proud of him.

Arnav wanted everyone he loved to be proud of him.

Arnav wanted to see his father happy in front of the people who caused him pain all those years ago.

He needed to find Payal, the person who was leading the design team this time. She was in charge of everything today. She was his single point of contact. He tried calling her, but she was not answering. If not Payal, Akash was bound to answer his call. Also, getting hold of Akash meant getting hold of Payal. Those love birds were usually attached at the hip. He tried calling Akash instead and got the same response. He knew his employees were scared of his temper and his sister always advised him to stay calm and composed. He was trying his best to do that. But, he couldn't help himself in situations like this.

He tried calling them again.

******

The sun was setting, the sky was getting darker. Khushi prefered riding her vehicle in the night, with the headlights on. She loved the breeze that would caress her face as she drove. But today, she did not have the time to enjoy it. She was in a hurry. Her sister's job could be at stake for all she knew. Khushi heard the phone ring again. She was at the traffic signal and managed to pick up her sister's phone from her shoulder bag. The screen flashed saying 'ASR Calling'. Well, ASR would have to wait, she thought as she put the phone back in her bag as the signal said there were only ten seconds left for it to turn green.

She looked at the map in her phone which she had kept in the mobile holder next to the mirror. It indicated she had to take the left turn in 200 metres. She put on the indicator as she switched lanes to make that turn.

******

"Chottey, finally. Why are you standing here? We have been looking for you all around." Anjali said coming to stand next to her. He noticed his best friend Aman who had accompanied her.

"Di, at least you are here. I can't seem to catch hold of Akash and Payal. If those idiots are somewhere romancing, trust me, I am going to fire them both." He said as he hugged his sister.

"Seriously Chottey? They are with the models. They are busy working, doing any last minute adjustments needed, instead of dancing to your tunes."

"Oh... Good at least they are doing their jobs if not taking the time out to explain the status of things to me, their boss."

They were more like friends, rather than boss and employee. Arnav knew that. It was just that, at times like these though, he'd want them to focus on their jobs.

Arnav looked at Aman who hadn't said anything till that point. That was very unlike him. He was paying more attention to his phone instead.

"Sorry to deliver the bad news, but I think we might have a problem." Aman said holding his hand, which already held his camera, up. His other hand was busy scrolling through his phone.