13

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Arnav and Khushi reached the latter's house and Arnav parked the car near the gate. Arnav noticed Akash's car parked well in the extra porch space in front of the Guptas' house, next to their car and Khushi's Activa.

"I don't see Mohan outside. I asked him to wait here so that he could come back with me." Arnav said as Khushi got out of the passenger seat.

"Andhar hoga woh. Come on inside. You can meet my parents." Khushi said gesturing for him to get out of the car.

"But why would he go inside?" Arnav wondered out loud.

"Well, jiju was pretty wasted. He'd have needed support and Mohanji would've helped. And knowing my parents. They wouldn't have let him wait outside anyway." Khushi said and Arnav nodded in understanding.

"Let me call Maa instead of ringing the bell. It is already late, don't want to disturb the neighbors." Khushi said and started dialing.

Shashi Gupta opened the door moments after Khushi's call ended.

"Aao beta. Andhar aao. Take a seat." He said as he invited Khushi and Arnav in.

Arnav noticed Mohan sitting in the living room couch. He got up immediately as he saw his boss.

"Thank you for having us. We should leave now. It is already very late. You guys should get some rest." Arnav said getting up as soon as she sat down. 

"I agree beta it is late. But you safely brought our daughter home and also sent Payal and Akash first because of their condition. I can't imagine Khushi driving them home in that state." Garima said coming into the room with a tray with a glass of water for Arnav.

Arnav accepted the glass as he sat down, yet again. Mohan followed suit.

"I have to say beta, Payal and Akash have known you for so long, this is still the first time we are meeting you." Shashi pointed out.

"Oh, I am confident you will see more of me now, right Khushi?" Arnav said and instantly regretted the tone. It came off a little flirty and he didn't intend to do that in front of her family and his employee.

"Ji? Main samjhi nahi." Garima questioned almost too quickly.

'How do I save myself?' he thought and the answer came to his mind all too quick. 

"Khushi, I believe you would want to tell them." He said looking at her. Khushi understood what he was hinting at and answered, taking him out of the difficult situation.

"Woh Maa, Papa, ASR offered me a modelling job. He wants me to work for AR." The excitement was evident in her tone and the grin on her face contributed to it.

"Well, it is more of a contract rather than a job. She would work with us on several themed photo shoots, shows and events. We are working it out at the moment." Arnav added.

"That is so great beta. Congratulations." Shashi said hugging his daughter.

"I am so happy for you Khushi." Garima said caressing Khushi's face with her hand as the father-daughter duo broke the hug.

"I think I have intruded enough. We should get going now." Arnav said standing up and Mohan mirrored his actions.

"Theek hai beta. Have a safe drive back." Shashi said extending a hand for him to shake which Arnav took.