Living in Sorrow

I didn't feel like going to scope out the new floor, so I decided to teleport to my room. When I got there I just fell to the floor and broke into tears. My head hurt and my entire body did as well. No matter what I did, Sina filled my every thought. I looked outside my window as the snow fell gently. It was getting close to the holidays.

What was I supposed to do? I can't just keep crying like a baby in my room, I had to keep my promise to Sina, to get out of this game.

The snow continued to fall and I just felt more depressed. I sat outside trying to enjoy the gentleness of how it felt, but the harder I tried, it made the depression worse. I had to get my mind off her and just think about something else. I walked through town until I got a message. It was from.... Sina.

I opened it, and it began to play,

Hey, Harmony. I'm really bad at doing this like this so I'm just gonna say what comes to my head. First of all, happy holidays. If you're getting this, then I died. Don't cry so much over me, if I died then it's okay, I'm still here with you in spirit. And yes, I do believe in those kind of things. Anyways, just finish the game and we can be done with having to see people die for something they love, it's basically suicide. So, just promise me, that you finish the game, and by the way, thanks for telling me, about your father. I will keep it a secret till the day I die. Even though I might already be dead, silly me. Anyways, Merry Christmas and live on till the end! Goodbye.

The tape ended and my eyes were drenched in tears. "Sina, I promise to you. I will finish this game, no matter what!" I said.

I continued to walk until I reached a weapon shop, I walked inside, I needed something anyways. "Hey, Liz. You in here?" I said. The back door opened and a pink-haired girl walked out. She looked at me and smiled. "Hey, Harmony. Need anything."

"Yeah, you got any like really strong swords like any with a good durability?"

She put a finger to her chin in thought. "Uhm, I'm not sure, let me go take a look." She walked to the back of her shop and a moment later she came back out. "Yup, this might be something you'd be lookin' for."

She held up a dark purple sword with a black lining on the edge of the blade. The handle purple as well with a straight design. "It's not gonna be too heavy is it? 'Cause, I need something light and heavy at the same time, like half and half.

"Yeah, it's just your size and style." I took the sword from her hand and waved it around. "You're right. It's perfect. And, it'll last for a while, right?"

"Yeah. It'll save your butt more times than you can count with your fingers." She said, proudly.

"Great, cause the one I have now, is getting a little worn. So, how much for the sword?"

"2,000 Coll." She said. I fell to my knees.

"Y-y-you mean to t-tell me that a piece of metal cost 2,000 Coll?!" I said.

"Yup, sorry, but with all the things going on around here so..."

The front doorbell rang and the door opened. "Aww, come one. Liz, I have a lot of things I wanna buy. But I can't do that when I'm down 2,000."

"Then why don't you just go on a quest or a monster hunt?" Lizbeth said.

I turned to the person who just stepped inside, a girl my age with chestnut brown, long hair and brown eyes. At the sight of her, tears formed in my eyes. I cry way too much. I remembered her face all to well.

"Asuna." I said. She turned to face me.

"Hikari? Is it really you?" I shook my head.

"I didn't think that you would actually use the NerveGear right after I gave it to you."