It's No Longer a Game

When everyone was there, a single red hexagon blinked in the sky, that said Warning. Suddenly, the hexagon multipled  rapidly and covered the whole sky. Once it finished, a thick, blood like substance oozed from the edges and began filling up in a bowl like shape and formed a giant person wearing a cloak.

  I looked at him and instead of a face was only darkness, no face. Murmurs could be heard from all around, "Is this am event?" or "Why doesn't he have a face?"

  "Hello, players, I am Akihiko Kayaba and welcome to my world." As I heard his words, I nearly would have fallen over but I stood my grounds. He continued, "Welcome to Sword Art Online, I'm sure some of you have noticed the logout button is missing from your main menu. I assure you, this is not a defect." The giant man opened his menu to demonstrate.

  "This is how Sword Art Online was meant to be." If a game was not allowing the players to get out then what would happen to them if they died? "And if you are to die in the game, you will die in real life." Well, that just answered my question. "Also, if anyone is to remove the NerveGear from of your heads, the NerveGear will send electromagnetic pulses to your brain destroying your brain and ending your life."

  I was beginning to grow lightheaded, is this really what he wanted? Forcing people to play his game non stop? "And yet despite my warning to the public, people still have decided to remove the NerveGear, so now the game is 213 players less."

  213 players? Already? The game just started. "Before I end the opening, I put a little present in your inventories." I opened up my menu, by pressing my fingers together and swiping down at the air, and soon the plaza was filled with the ringing of bells. I opened my inventory and in it was a mirror? I opened it and looked all I saw was my avatar.

  Pretty face, brown chin-length hair, brown eyes, straight nose and small lips. But suddenly, I was once again covered by the bright, white light. Where was it taking me now? Once the light vanished, I was still at the plaza, so what happened to me? I turned around to see if Klein and Kirito were still with me, and they were but something was wrong.

  "Klein? Kirito? Is that you? What happened to you guys? You look different."

  "Me? Look at you! Who are you," Klein said. Kirito looked at both of us and had a confused look on his face, "Who are you guys," he said. I looked back in the mirror and my face was completely different, I looked like... my real world self. What the hell happened? My brown hair was much longer and I had bangs, just like IRL. My eyes were more of a red color. And I had paler skin.

  Klein and Kirito talked and soon after, Akihiko started talking again, "You're probably wondering why? Why woul I Akihiko Kayaba do something like this? Well, I created this to create the game and intervene it." Kayaba wrapped up the tutorial and left through the way he came in. And the sky became bright orange again. And the entire plaza was dead silent, except for the BGM music being played by the NPCs.

  Suddenly, everyone started screaming. What the hell was wrong with him?