Having Second Thoughts

I held my breath, hoping that I had never said what I said. Great, I was hoping that no one except Asuna knew about my father. If anyone ever knew they would always shut me out. Now everyone would hate me for the fact that I'm the daughter of a mass murderer. I never asked to be. Everyone was silent. I stood up and walked away as far as possible. When I felt as far as I needed to be I sat in the snow and hugged my legs. He couldn't let go of it could he? From out of the corner of my eye I could see Klein walking towards me.

{Klein's P.O.V}

I sat in my spot now regretting my stupidity. I should've just stopped bugging her. But, you can't change the past. Right now, I wish I could.

"Klein, go apologize." Asuna said. Without any objections, I sighed as I stood up and walked over to Harmony. I sat down next to her. "Look, Harmony. I didn't mean to... I shouldn't have.... what I'm tryin' to say is that, I acted like an ass and I should've just left you alone. I'm sorry." I watched as she turned her head and faced the opposite direction.

"You're lucky I'm not a PKer. I could kill you in more ways than one." Her voice was flat, without a single emotion. It sent shivers down my spine. It was like she actually meant it. "Apology accepted?" I said scratching the back off my head.
"You just couldn't keep you're mouth shut couldn't you?" She said. "I never wanted anyone to know, and you just had to keep on bugging me on something that was none of your business."

I opened my mouth to speak but quickly shut it. She was seriously pissed at me. "The only person who knew was Asuna. She was the only person who I could trust."

"Look, I'm really sorry." I said. "Save your stupid apologies, it's not gonna help anyone." She said. "Not only did you have to force it out of me, you also insulted him." She turned to face me. Her eyes were filled with hatred.

{End of P.O.V}

I stared intently at Klein as he looked back at me. I guess I ran out of this to say. I sat quietly as the anger slowly diminished and turned into sadness. Tears filled my eyes but none of them were brave enough to fall. "Are you done?" Klein said, calmly. I buried my head in my arms and turned away slightly in reply. "I didn't mean to diss you off like that or bother you about your life in the real world." Klein said. "That was just me being a complete idiot."

"Could you just forget it?" I said. "You should have just let it go."

"I know that. What do you think I'm trying to apologize to you for?"

"Well, I thought it was because you were being a complete ass and you dissed my father."

"That's because I didn't know who he was."

"Then you should've just never bothered me about it! Ugh, you're unbelievable!" Anger boiled up inside of me again. "This all your fa--" I was cut off by Klein. He pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and kissed back. My heartbeat was going a mile a minute.

{Klein's P.O.V}

Harmony continued to patronize me, I sat there and just listened. "That's because I didn't know who he was!" I said.

She turned and her eyes were filled with the same hate and anger from earlier. "Ugh, you're unbelievable! This is all you fa--"

Harmony was really starting to get on my nerves so to shut her up, I did the next best thing. I quickly leaned forward and covered her lips with mine. As I did, I could feel her kiss back. I pulled away. My face was steaming. "Sorry, I just... you were getting on my nerves."

"It's ok." She said, calmly.

{End of P.O.V}

I looked at Klein as he looked away and his eyes were covered by the bandana on his forhead. Quickly, his cheeks were flushed red. It was cute, I thought. My heart started to race.

"Why....did you do that?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. It.... was impulsive. I'm gonna go back." He said quickly, as he stood up and walked back to the group. I stood up and stretched my back. I covered my face with my hands and sighed heavily. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. I never thought about taking a liking into him, or anyone for that matter. The only thing I thought about was getting to the hundredth floor and clearing the game. I never thought to settle down and actually live in a world like this. Especially one that my father created. Maybe now was a good time to at least consider it or actually try it out. Just the thought of it made my face turn red. I put my hands to the side of my face and shook my head side to side. "Dammit! He messed up my head! Now I can't think straight. Damn him."

I sat back down again to think it over. "Do I actually want to live a life in SAO and stop trying to clear the game?" I ran my fingers through my hair. "What am I talking about? I'm a solo player. I am perfectly fine living my life.... alone." That when I came to realize, did I really want to spend all my life without anyone to talk to or help carry my burdens? Of course not. But who would I ever do such a thing with? "God! Curse you, Klein. What did you do to me?!" I shook my head back and forth. You could easily see that I was at complete war with myself. I simply could not come to a conclusion. I deeply breathed in through my nose and out through my mouth.

"I don't like Klein. I never did like him in that way. Besides, I'm a solo player. It would never work out." I said, confidently as I stood up. "But, I'd never know if I never try.... dammit!" I was really starting to get annoyed with myself. I watched as Asuna walked towards me. "Hey, Hikari-chan. We're getting ready to leave. Are you coming?" She said in her usually sweet voice. She put a hand on my shoulder and I jumped a little. "Hikari-chan? Are you all right?"

I stood up quickly. "Huh? Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I said, nervously.

"I dunno. Did something happen between you and Klein?" She asked.

"What?! No, he just apologized and that's all. I'm gonna go help pack up." I lied, as I walked away going back to the site. "Are you sure?" Asuna said, once she caught up with me.

"Yes, Asuna. Would I ever lie to you?" I asked.

"No. I don't think so." She said. We made our way back but everything was set up. "That was delicious." Lisbeth said, a wide grin on her face.

"You're damn right it was." Agil said.

"We should all do something like this again sometime." Klein said. "Maybe in the real world. Man, what I'd give to just try a sliver of some real world food just for once."

Everyone laughed, as did I. We all walked back home to our normal lives, trying to hang on to some part of that hope that they'd all live to see the end, to meet like they had all promised to.