This Is Goodbye

Kirito dragged Klein and I out the plaza, and into an alleyway. "Look we can get out of here and since I'm a beta, I know the safest path we should take..."

  "Whoa, hold on a sec," Klein said cutting him off. "Uh, I can't go with you, I got a few friends and I think they're still back at the plaza." I thought about Asuna, but I doubt she started playing the NerveGear I gave her, maybe. "Yeah, sorry me too. But I'll be fine, I'm a beta," I gave him a forced smile and took a step before turning back around. "Just don't die you got that? I'd like to meet you in the real world. Promise me that."

  "Yeah," Kirito said quietly.

  "Hey, Kirito, you look pretty cute like that, ya know," I said cutely.

  "Yeah, you look better like that," Klein said, almost screaming.

Kirito smiled, "Yeah, and I think that scruffy face fits you ten times as better too," he said to Klein. "And you too, Harmony."

  Kirito ran off, and Klein and I left the alleyway, "So, uh I guess this is good-bye, huh," I said. He looked at me solemnly and grabbed my. shoulders. "No, it isn't it's not good-bye, cause we aren't goin' anywhere. So friend me so we can keep in touch."

  I friended him and we parted ways. I was gonna miss that guy.

  It's been a whole month and I haven't seen Klein or Kirito. As I walked down the road I began to hear tiny crys for help. I actived my hearing skills,  and the sounds became clearer. "Help, somebody please save me!" I activated my tracker app and looked around, but saw nothing so I followed the voice.

  I walked through the woods and the screams became louder. And just beyond a few trees, I could see a little girl on the ground, tears in her eyes and she was surrounded by red players. It was the dark guild, Laughing Coffin. I couldn't just stand back and watch, my numbers were probably way lower than theirs and we were outside a safe zone.

  But that little girl was all on her own, so I had to do something. "There's no use calling for help, no one's gonna here ya, so why don't you just give us all your money and items," one the players said. "I beg to differ," I said and I completely regret. The players turned to look at me and I had my sword drawn. It was a one handed longsword. "Just who the hell do you think you are, one of them said.

  "I know I'm stronger than you and faster." I must have been having a bad day because whatever I was saying was something that I never thought I say, let alone being the last thing I'd say. "Are you lookin' for a fight? Cause I can kill you right now."

  "I'd like to see you try." And I just sign my death wish, I'm an idiot. He drew his sword and it sent a small shiver to my spine. I held up my sword and it glowed a bright red. I charged at him with top speed and slashed in his direction. It let out a large gust of wind. I was seriously thinking about killing him, but I didn't.

  "All right, know what. How about go, ain't gonna fight no girl, let alone kill 'em," he said as he took out a teleporting crystal. "But this ain't over."

And they disappeared. "Hey, you alright," I asked the girl. She shook her head. "Thank... you," she said. "It's no problem. Really," I replied. She stood up. "I'm Sina." (pronounced: She-na) "Harmony," I replied. "Uh, it's pretty dangerous out here, what were you doing out here all alone?"

"Uh, it's a long story, I don't wnt to bore you with all the details."

"Don't worry about it, I'm not going anywhere, literally."

"Uh, it started when me and this other girl, her name was Silica, we were in this guild called Titan's Hand. Us, being stupid separated from the guild and went into the forest, and we got separated somehow. As I was a

walking through, trying to find Silica, I guess I got lost and that's when the Laughing Coffin guild found me and wanted everything I had, but I refused. Then a little while later, you came and here we are now."

  "Kay." I said. "You want to go get something to eat?"

  "Yeah, I'd love that," Sina said.

"Too be clear, I don't  have a lot of money, so..." I said sheepishly. "You wouldn't mind if we ate at my place?"

  "No, I don't mind, at all."

We walked all the way to my house and it was just in time for the sunset. I stopped to look at it. "Y'know, even though it's a game, I just can't believe something this amazing was set into it. I wouldn't mind to stay here forever to see every single one of 'em."

  "I know, me too," Her brown eyes twinkling. We continued to walk.

  When we reached my apartment, I opened the door and walked inside, Sina followed. "It's not much but, I hope to get a better one someday."

  "No, It's amazing, and guest-friendly."

  Unequiped my coat and put on a sweater. "You wouldn't mind if I cooked, would you?"

  "No, how high is you level?"

"I'm only about halfway."

  "Wow, I could never get that far, no matter how hard I try." Her kind words gave me a small blush. So I smiled trying to hide it.

  After about 15 minutes, I had cooked a small pot of soup. "It's not much but..." I turned to see Sina sitting in the livingroom armrest couch, asleep.

  "And I cooked soup for no reason," I smiled and gently shook her awake.

  "Wakey-wakey," I said. Sina opened her eyes and blinked. "Is the food ready?" I shook my head.

  She took a bowl and and filled it up and sat down and took a bite. "Wow! It's amazing!" Her eyes filled up with gleam.

  "Uh, thanks. Hey, what do you say we hit up on the 35th floor boss and get yo the next floor?"

  "I dunno? Do we have to," she whined.

  "I mean, unless you don't wanna get out of this game... fine by me...,"

  "Alright, fine, we can go tomorrow morning, but lets get some training in."

  "Fine, what ever you say."