A New Love

"Aiko...what a beautiful name." I said. "Come with us. You must be tired." Klein took the child and we went back to our house. The ride must have been pretty comfortable because by the time we reached our home, Aiko was fast asleep. Klein placed her in our bed and put the covers up to her shoulders. I caressed her small head and smiled. I always wondered how it felt to have a child. Maybe now I can...

I rested my head on Klein's shoulder and closed my eyes. Someday, just someday we will get out of here and be together for real.

{Klein's P.O.V}

I sat down on the edge of the bed and Harmony sat next to me. She layed her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. "I hope she gonna be okay. We need to find someone who knows her at least." I said.

"Yeah. You're right. How about once she wakes up we do that?" Her eyes still closed. I shook my head.

The orange light poured in through the window and gave the room a comfortable feeling.

We sat there for quite a while waiting for her to wake up, but it was no use. We changed our clothes, since there was no extra bed, we all had to sleep in one together. Harmony and I linked hands over the girl's tiny body as a good luck charm for her.

{End of P.O.V}

  I opened my eyes the next morning and my hand broke free from Klein's. The little girl was no where to be found. I got out of bed and walked to the livingroom. On the couch sat the little girl scrolling through her menu.

  "Good morning to you too." I said. She looked at me for half a second then back at her menu. Rude much? I thought.

  "If you have any information on the whereabouts of Yui-MHCP001 you should come put and say it."

  Klein came up behind me and put his hand around my waist and rubbed his eye.

  "What's going on?" He asked.

  I shrugged my shoulders. "She's talking about that Yui character again."

  "Oh...so what's for breakfast?"

  "I haven't made anything yet."

  "Then please go make something."

  "Tch. You're lucky you said 'please'." I said as I pulled his cheek and walked to the kitchen. I changed my clothes and started to cook. It only 9:32 in the morning. So we had time to eat and take Aya to the town of beginnings.

  I finished up and took two plates to the livingroom. "All right. Dig in!" I said proudly.

  "That looks awesome."

  I put a plate in front of Aya and she slowly took a bite.

  "It's amazing! I didn't think that the food was going to be this good!" A smile came to her face. That was the first time I'd seen her smile since I'd met her.

  We all ate quickly and then went on our way. Once we reaches the first floor we immediately asked if anyone knew her but came up short. No one knew anything about her. We found ourselves walking around aimlessly. "Ugh, so far not a single person has ever met Aya." I groaned.

  "I'm tired." Klein said.

  "...! Over there! Yui-MCHP001 is over there!" I looked in the direction to which Aya pointed and noticed Kirito along with Asuna and little girl in a pink sweater and purple frilled skirt with long black hair.

  Aya pulled my hand and ran towards them as they turned the corner. We reached the corner but lost them.

  "You were too slow!" Aya said.

  Suddenly a high pitched shrill came probably blew out my eardrums for a second and Aya fell to the floor and passed out.

  "Aya! What's wrong?!" I screamed. The noise had stopped Aya remained unconscious.

  Aya remained the same for at least four hours or more.

  I hate waiting. I've always had. There's nothing I hate more than waiting. Sitting down and staring off into nothing and being patient for something.

I nodded off to sleep. I felt someone poke me as I slept. I opened my sleepy eyes and Aya was standing in front of me, she looked both worried and sad.

"Aya? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm truly sorry. But my time here has come to an end, I have to go."

"Aya? What are you talking about? You don't have to go anywhere."

"I'm not leaving you at all. I saved myself to the server of your NerveGear. You won't lose me." With this she started to glow a bright white.

"Aya! Wait!" Klein yelled.

I fell to my knees and grabbed her small arm. I pulled her in close to me as if it would stop her from deteriorating. She glowed even brighter and began to break into tiny fragments. It felt like my heart and soul were going with her. "Aya! Stay with us! We'll be happy together!" I cried.

"Goodbye...Mommy.... Daddy."

I cried even harder. She disappeared from my arms and my hands hit the floor. "...Aya..." I said in between sobs. I felt Klein kneel beside me and in desperate need for comfort I pulled him close to me. "Klein... she's gone!" I cried.

"Yeah... I know." He said softly. He caressed my head and hugged me back.

I woke up the next morning and it was bright and sunny despite how cloudy I felt. I got out of bed and yawned and stretched. I put on slippers and walked into the living room. I took out a pitcher of water and poured a cup as Klein walked past me yawning. "Mornin'." He said. I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said curtly.

"I thought so. What's for breakfast?"

"You go make something."I said, laying back.

"Heh, you wish. I don't feel like taking all the time to make a loaf of bread."

"Then you get to starve."

"Wait! Let's not make such crazy decisions about this! I'm sorry!" He whined.

"Kay. Fine I'll make breakfast." I said. I stood up and walked to the kitchen and took out a pan.

I came out the kitchen with two plates one for me and one for Klein. I set a plate in front of him and put mine on my lap. I was about to take a bite when I got a message from Heathcliff.