Stress Makes a Mess part 2

(Liam POV: From earlier that morning)

                It was barley 10:00 am, and already our very own Mr. Styles had flipped his lid. During breakfast I could tell Niall was having difficulty keeping his cool, and I just prayed to the high heavens that he wouldn’t throw too big of a fit.

                Ever since we settled his alternative life style, I’ve noticed that he tends to slip faster when he’s frustrated and upset.

                Just like any other toddler throwing his tantrum when he doesn’t get what e wants.

                And even more recently I’ve noticed Niall, when he does slip, he’s been slipping from your average 4 year old too much younger like 2 or maybe 3.

                The other night in fact, he had a little accident while he was taking his nap. He woke up  right away, but still managed to dampen his pants a little. (This will be a future chapter)

                Of course he was mortified, and wanted to be left alone and have nothing to do with me. But thankfully it was easy to calm him down. Eventually, with the help of some cookies, I convinced him to wear pull-ups while he naps. I’m nowhere near getting him to wear them every night, but we’ll get there eventually.

                I do love our relationship though. Yes its all under the hush-hush, but it truly is special. When he’s not my best mate, he’s my baby boy.

                Which is why, when he stormed out of the kitchen, after Harry declined his movie invitation I just knew there was going to be drama. I was quick to excuse myself from breakfast, and head upstairs to my room. I just knew I’d find Niall in there.

                Sure enough, as I opened my bedroom door I found my little munchkin pouting in a very adorable way. He was death staring his stuffed lion. As if the lion’s mane was a representation of Harry’s curls.

                I closed the door behind me quietly, since I was still not entirely sure if Niall had phased yet.

                “Ni, you okay buddy?” I asked cautiously.

                Niall glanced over at me, his eyes beginning to water while his face scrunched up.

                “He’s a big meanie daddy!” Niall cried, flinging his toy lion across the room.

                “Oh Ni, don’t be upset buddy,” I replied sitting down next to him.

                “Me no like Harry!” he yelled pounding his fists on the bed.

                “Niall,” I breathed in a warning tone, “We can work this out when you calm down.”

                “Punish him daddy!” Niall said continuing to yell, against my warning.

                “No, no. I think it’s you who needs a quiet minute or two,” I explained to my distressed little blond boy.

                I was usually pretty lenient with Niall, but temper tantrums were something I tried to end quickly.  I was quick to scoop him up and plop him on the bean bag chair I purposely kept in a corner of my room.

                  “Daddyyy!” He whined stomping his foot.

                “You know our rules about quiet time Niall, timer starts now.” I replied, setting a two minute timer on my phone.