Pinky Promise

He swayed, but he tried his hardest to speak.

"I'm s-sorrryyyyy, Da-dadd-yy." Niall slurred. "Ni-Ni's so-sorr-y."

Liam's hands gripped the steering wheel in a vice, his eyes flickering every once in awhile to the boy currently sitting in the passenger's seat next to him. Niall starred worriedly out the window, big fat tears rolling out of his eyes periodically.

Liam sighed, his feelings bashing against each other.

On one side, he wanted to strangle Niall- not as his daddy- but as a friend. How could Niall have been so careless?! Reckless. Irresponsible. And stupid!

And on the other hand, he wanted nothing more than to cuddle him up, and melt all those worries away and see him safely tucked in bed, back at home where he belongs.

The blond didn't dare speak, not knowing how to handle the situation at the moment either.

Liam glanced over one more time, before saying "You're- in big trouble. Niall"

Niall visibly shook. A shiver pulsated down his spine. He swallowed hard- not wanting anymore sobs to leave his throat. Niall knew very well that Liam was upset, and he wasn't how long, or if he could ever forgive him.

Niall couldn't help but feel miserable. Liam was upset with him, and he didn't know for how long, or if he would be able to forgive him.

His head hurt, his eyes stung, and he felt incredibly uncomfortable and self conscious since his pants were still slightly damp from his accident earlier that day.

Niall felt his eyes grow wetter as he realized he was probably ruining Liam's car seat.

Not being able to control his emotions any longer, Niall let out a sob.

Cry's wracked through his body, from all the frustration and especially embarrassment.

Liam glanced over- concerned etched in his features. "Ni," Liam called out, regrettably, a little harsher than he intended. Niall just cried harder.

"I know I'm sorry Liam," Niall cried, "I k-know I have no room to be crying like this. I brought this all on myself."

Liam's hand shot over immediately, taking Niall's hand in his own. "Shush Niall," Liam said, "You're going to make yourself sick, love."

Niall hiccupped, squeezing Liam's hand tightly in his.

"Li-Liam? Can you ever forgive me?" Niall asked meekly, bringing Liam's hand up to his lips, kissing the back of his knuckles.

Liam was taken aback, by Niall's word. The poor boy was clearly riddled with anxiety.

"Niall, of course I forgive you" Liam reassured giving the boy's hand a squeeze back. He let go, and decided to run a hand through the boys sweaty hair, taking his time to rub the back of his neck.

"I am upset with you Ni," Liam confessed, "I'm upset that you felt that you had to keep this little adventure a secret, and that you let it get as far as you did."

Niall nodded his head in understanding, closing his eyes tight and forcing himself to just concentrate on Liam's hand that was rubbing the stress out.

"I'm also really thankful that you were with good people, and that Will had a mind to call and let me know where you were." Liam explained further, choosing his words carefully. He didn't want to send the boy into another batch of panic.

"I know, Da-Liam. I should have been more careful...:" Niall responded, a few more stray tears escaping through his closed eyes.

Liam offered a small smile, catching the straggling tears with his thumb and wiping them away. "No more tears Niall, we will have a proper conversation later, but first we're going to get you cleaned up and feeling better. Okay?" Liam explained, waiting to see if the blond had anything further to add.