Uncle Harry

(Harry's POV)

"Hi..." Niall shyly waved at me.

I wasn't sure how to respond to that.

And who would?! Liam and Niall just got finished explaining "Age-Play" to me, and now Niall just said hello to me like I was some sort of stranger!

I got an urge to start laughing, thinking maybe Liam and Niall were just messing around with me, but I can't help but remember all the times Liam and Niall would purposely stay at home alone these past few months. Or how differently both of them were acting. Not to mention the fact how genuine I felt our earlier conversation was.

I sure as hell didn't want to upset Niall or Liam by playing it off as some sort of twisted joke. Plus Liam was never a big prankster. Niall maybe, since he's always been my partner in crime, but not something to this extent.

Which still left me with the question: How am I supposed to approach this?

"Um... hi," I waved back, with not an ounce of confidence in my voice. Brilliant response Harold!

Niall just seemed to smile shyly, snuggling more into Liam as I continued to stare at him like a total creep.

"Well... Is there anything you'd like to say Harry?" Liam prompted, averting my gaze for just a second.

"Yeah..." I started, nervously rubbing the back of my neck, "... You're not just pulling my leg... right? Like this is legit?"

I couldn't help but ask.

You've got to admit there was just a level of weirdness that left you wondering if this was all an act.

Thankfully Liam laughed at my question instead of getting offended or anything.

"I know it's a weird concept to wrap your mind around. But Big Niall really is, I guess you could say, gone right now. He might not really even know who you are. Right now he's in full toddler mode." Liam tried explaining, glancing down at him while smiling.

"That's... really cool." I admitted. It was crazy to think Niall could switch pretty much lives, just like a light switch.

Niall had remained quiet during this time, too interested in Liam's shirt to really pay attention to him and I. But you could tell he was now getting bored of just sitting in on a conversation. He tugged on Liam's shirt, drawing his attention.

"Who that daddy?" he phrased, in a quiet whisper, while looking in my direction. Liam gave him a reassuring smile, before helping him sit up right more.

"That's Harry, don't you remember Ni?" Liam asked, keeping his voice quiet. Niall looked at me again, more closely this time, before determining he had no idea who I was.

"No," Niall said, shaking his head slightly.

"Aw, well his name is Harry and he's your new uncle Ni." Liam responded.

"He nice?" Niall questioned, looking up at Liam for the answer.

"Oh yes Ni. He's one of your friends, buddy. And he is very nice," Liam agreed. Niall seemed satisfied with the answer, flashing me a smile.

I smiled back, still slightly creeped out to be completely honest, but who wouldn't be?!

"Sooo... Now what should we do?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs awkwardly.