Stress makes a mess

Hello, this new addition will be based off a completely different setting, if you'd like to see more of the previous Niall and Liam story line just let me know. This time I wanted to try something a little different.

Harry's POV:

I've been tossing and turning in my bed since about 4. And yes I mean 4 in the morning.

Even though I headed to bed around 1, I've been unable to sleep any further. It's coming close to around 5:30, so I'm thinking its time to do something a little more productive. I head over to my desk, which is simply littered with crumpled up pieces of paper and lost pen caps, and dig around one of the drawers for my notebook. Upon finding it, I quickly snatch a pen and quietly plop myself back onto my bed.

I flip to a blank page, and begin to scribble down seemingly useless words. I hum a song quietly to myself, and eventually my scribbles align themselves to the melody.

"I canno't sleep.

Even though I've tried. 

Couple, tosses and turns

in my bed. 

And I sure would love to get some sleep.

Would anyone suggest an idea to try?

All nighter. All Nigh-t-t-er.

I'm gunna be cranky in the morning!" 

Just as I was singing the next line, my bedroom door creaked open. Louis stood at the doorway, with a really confused look on his face. 

        "Harry? What are you doing mate?" He asked in a quiet whisper.

        "Um... you know. just replacing the lyrics to the cup song." I quickly tap out the beat on my lap for a more comical answer.

Louis gives me a weird look, before laughing a bit. 

        "Uh-huh... Wait. Have you been up all night?" Louis asked, eyeing the circles under my eyes. 

        "No... Just thought I would get up a bit earlier today is all." I explained, flipping to a clean page in my notebook, "What are you doing up?" I asked hoping to change the subject.

        "I had to get up to use the bathroom, when I heard some random singing coming from this direction. Is everything alright though? You've never voluntarily gotten up this early in the morning, plus you're usually the last to get out of bed." Louis replied, leaning against the door frame.

        "Well guess I'm just trying something new today," I responded, turning attention to a doodle I was scribbling down on the fresh page. 

        "Well I just hope this shortage of sleep doesn't affect your mood later," Louis replied, covering his mouth with his hand due to a big yawn, " I'm going back to sleep, and I suggest you do the same. Later," 

I breathed out a little once he finally left, relieved he didn't ask to many questions.

Truth is, I've been experiencing some of these sleepless nights for a while now, and I haven't a clue how to fix it. 

For a while I thought it was probably due to my caffeine in-take, since I usually have a cup of coffee or tea after a meal or whenever I feel the need for a boost. And with these random night-time awakenings becoming more frequent, my need for caffeine has increased. 

I've tried limiting myself to a cup a day, but its definitely hard to limit myself when I know I have a long day ahead of me. 

I've also considered the possibility of having insomnia.  I'm almost certain nobody else in my family suffered from insomnia. So it couldnt be due to hereditary reasons, right?