3

I jolted awake and fell onto the wooden floor. I groaned and sat up. I must have fallen asleep on the couch. But the Tv was turned off? I don't remember shutting it off. I sigh and get up. I stretched and cracked my fingers and neck. I yawned and picked up my phone which was on the couch. I sat down and checked for any notifications. I had an alert on my phone from my security camera which was placed outside near my front door. 

I clicked on it and watched the video. It was just a normal raccoon sniffing at my door. Its markings seemed a bit off but what do I know about raccoons. I smiled as it soon walked away. I saved the video as I usually do with animals at my front door. I set my phone down and got up to make breakfast for myself.

I got out a pan and set it on the stove, turning it on. I opened the fridge and grabbed two eggs and the carton of orange juice. I cracked the eggs over the pan and let them cook as I poured orange juice into a glass. I put the carton away and went back to my eggs to scramble them. Once it had finished cooking, I plated the eggs and seasoned them. I grabbed the plate and my cup, sitting down at the table. I got up again to grab a fork. I looked out the window as I silently ate my breakfast.

I washed my plate and noticed something out of the window. " Huh?" I turned off the sink and looked closer. There was a figure at the edge of the forest but it ran off only a moment after I noticed it. I got the chills and closed the blinds. I finished washing everything and called a friend to come over. They agreed and I suggested a sleepover. They were excited and agreed once more. They were to arrive in about one and a half hours. 

I cleaned up my home even though it was already clean. I just wanted to keep myself busy. When I couldn't find anything to clean, I made snacks. I felt eyes on me and looked around. I saw no one, only a bird at the open window. I smile and walked over to it. The bird flew away and I leaned out the window. I then realized the window was open. I never opened it. I shut the window and locked it.

" Why am I so creeped out. It was probably a hiker who didn't realize they were on my property. It's ok (Y/n). Lia will be here soon." I told myself and continued to get out snacks. I sat on my couch when I was finished and just waited. Thankfully not for long as the door was soon knocked on. I got up quickly and opened the door. " (Y/n)!" Lia instantly wrapped her arms around me. I giggle and hug her back.

I pulled away and opened the door further for her to come in. Lia walked in and took off her shoes by the door. " You know I don't really care if you have your shoes on," I reminded her. " Meh, it's more comfortable." She stuck her tongue out slightly. I rolled my eyes as she set her bag down. " Whatcha wanna do?" I asked. She shrugged. " Play some games and eat snacks?" I suggest. " What are we, teens again?" She joked, " What games?" She sat on the couch. 

I grabbed some snacks and drinks and set them down on the coffee table. I then pulled out some games from a cabinet near the Tv. We agreed on Mario Kart. " You're so gonna lose!" Lia said cockily. " Says the loser," I smirk as we started the game. Lia got a headstart but I hit her for a turtle shell as soon as possible. I took the led and she ended up in 7th place while I was in 4th. 

I was able to get into 1st but got blue shelled. " Was that you!?" I ask the girl next to me. Lia laughed evilly, " Perhaps!" " You villain!" We laugh as I get the bullet bill power up and get back into 1st, hitting Lia in the process. She called me a bitch but I won so. " And you said I was gonna lose!" I smirk. " Whatever, " She rolled her eyes and laughed. I smile as the next round started.

After a bunch of rounds of Mario Kart, we took a break to watch a cooking show we both like. We ate some snacks and jokingly commented on everything. The sound of something hitting the wall from outside spooked us both out. " The hell was that?" Lia got up. I wrapped a blanket around myself. Lia slipped her shoes on and grabbed her phone. " Lia don't go out there," I whined. " It's not like it's dark, I'll be back." Lia walked out through the back door.

Lia walked around the house and didn't see anything. She searched the walls and noticed that a bit of the wall was different. It had a little smudge of red. " Blood?" She questioned. " Probably an animal." Lia shrugged and walked back inside. " What was it? Was anything there?" I asked instantly. Lia wafted her hand side to side in the air, " A little smudge of red, probably blood from an animal. Either it's or its meal's blood. No biggie." She took off her shoes and sat down."

I sigh and took the blanket off, " I hope so. Weird things have been happening." " How so?" Lia asked. I started to explained what happened last night and this morning. " Meh, all of that is easily explainable (Y/n). You're thinking about it too much." Lia ruffled my hair. " I guess," I shrug. I hope I'm just over thinking.