12

I woke up to a strange feeling. I opened my eyes and looked around. I realized I was outside with the sun barely rising. And my head was resting against Garmadon's chest. All 4 of his arms were wrapped around my figure. There was no escaping until he woke up. I blushed and looked up at the sleeping oni. Being this close, it's easier to see that Garmadon had semi-long lashes. His skin looked tough and his skin had hidden scars, unseeable due to the pigmentation of his skin.

I reached a hand up to trace his markings but the second I got to close, Garmadons eyes snapped open and his hand shot to my wrist, grabbing it. I gasped and stared into his red eyes with fear. He sighed and shut his eyes, letting my wrist go and moving his other 3 arms. I slid away slightly as he stood up. " I apologize," he spoke roughly as he pulled me up. He picked me up in one swoop. " Sleep now. It's too early. I'll return you." Lord Garmadon said, walking.

" Are you sure?" I asked. He looked down at me with a serious face. I sighed slightly and shut my eyes. It wasn't long for me to fall asleep again. Garmadon kept glancing at my sleeping form multiple times before just staring at me. He couldn't help but think I looked...Cute while asleep. He didn't know why I made his heart beat faster. He didn't know why his chest hurt seeing me, or why he now hates being alone.

He was an Oni. He was supposed to be alone. Have people fear him. But he didn't want to be alone anymore. He didn't want me to be afraid. He wanted me to stay with him. Hand in hand. Hand in hand? Now, that's silly. Onis don't deserve love. They don't need love. He lost his last lover for something he could not control. Misako. He can barely remember anything, but he knows he once loved her. But something happened between them that he couldn't control. She left him for someone. Someone...

Wu. It was Wu. The memory of seeing those two in each other's arms shot through his head. A headache pounded into his head as he tried to remember more. He found them while trying to surprise Misako with roses. he remembers seeing them and dropping the roses. He remembered hot tears flowing from his eyes before running. He never said anything to her. It was the day he become who he is now. She never knew he knew she cheated.

Wu. His own brother. Misako. His own wife. Both of them betrayed him with each other. What did he do? Garmadon forced himself to stop remembering. His head pounded like the sound of a thousand warriors stomping into battle. Decked out in armor and blades. He sighed and looked ahead. Why did he love her?

I woke up to the comforting feeling of my bed. I rolled over and found the source of the comfort. Lord Garmadon was placed next to me, asleep. His helmet and boots were removed. I smiled and relaxed back next to him. I let out a peaceful sigh and tried to fall back asleep, but the feeling of the bed moving made me open my eyes. 

He was awake now, back to me as his legs were over the side of the bed. " Garmadon?" I sat up slightly as he looked back.  He looked back away and got up. He slid on his boots and placed his helmet on his head, hiding his black matted hair. " Leaving so soon?" I pouted. " I am an Oni. You are a normal girl. We should not be friends. Not even comfortable around each other." he huffed.

 I looked down and gripped the blankets. A frown spread across my face. " You should fear me. Coward. Shake in your boots. Whatever." He growled. " What are you saying?" I muttered. " I am saying, this, feeling, should not exist. You are nothing to me. And I am nothing to you." Garmadon stormed away. 

I gulped and felt tears form in my watery eyes. I am nothing to him. And I thought we were friends. I tried my best to contain myself but failed. I really did like being around Garmadon. A special friend. No one ever saw his softer side but me. Did I do something wrong? Was I not, good enough to be his friend? He stalked me at first but then, he just went away. Did he realize I wasn't worth the effort? 

I want to lay back down, perhaps cry, but I didn't. I got up and forced myself to try and continue life before knowing him personally. It's not like I could tell anyone, no one knows and no one will know. I sigh and wrapped my blanket around myself, walking out of my room. I made myself breakfast and sat on the couch to eat it, watching TV sadly.

I couldn't help by think of Garmadon. Sure he was an Oni, a warlord, someone hated. But to me, he was almost human-like, kind, likable. I miss him already. I shouldn't. Lord Garmadon is Lord Garmadon. And I am me. I cant waste time thinking about our small friendship. He decided it wasn't worth his time or effort. I'll have to leave with that.