14

The next few days came and went with visits from the white-haired man. He was getting better. Friendlier and calmer. He didn't snap as much and he listen to me explain things with such focus. Today, I wanted to test him. "It's Mario Kart! It's fun!" I smiled as I gave him a controller. He looked at the small switch controller in his large clawed hands. " Fun?" He questioned as I fixed his hand placements. I nodded, " Yeah! Like entertaining. Enjoyable." I sat next to him and started up the game. 

I showed him the basic controls and started up a round. It started off alright, I was in 6th while he was in 8th. I giggled but soon gasped as I got hit by a shell and Garmadon ended up passing me, making me go to 9th while he was now 6th. " Oh, you butt!" I laughed and continued. If I wasn't focusing on the screen, I would have seen the faint smile carved into the dark man's face. We continued the round and I managed to get into first place. " Ha take that!" I smiled as I passed the finish line, just one more time and I'll win. My confidence was high and my esteem fanned me like a god.

" OH, YOU BITCH!" I shouted as a blue shell hit me, I had seen that Garmadon just got a blue shell and it was now gone, meaning it was his shell. I was mad until I heard something that made me pause the game. I looked to my right and saw the usually scowling oni laughing. A big hearty laugh. His eyes were closed and his smile was wide with laughter. He covered his mouth and continued to snicker under it. He opened his eyes and looked at me from the side. He removed his mouth partially and turned his head to look at me. " Hehe, that was funny." 

" What?" He asked as I stared at him with disbelief. " You, you laughed!" I smiled widely. " Laughed?" He felt his face. " That's what I just did?" " Yes!" I giggled. He smiled again, " I liked that. Laughter feels good." The tip of his tail (1) beated against my couch almost like it was wagging. That was extremely cute to me. " Ooh Garmadon! You're being to be more and more, more someone than a puppet with no emotions." I put my hand on his shoulder. I didn't want to say more human since, he was an Oni, not a human. " I like laughing" He laughed a bit more. " And-and smiling. It feels so weird yet normal at the same time." He covered his face but left his mouth exposed. 

" See! I told you. There is a point in smiling. To show happiness, or sometimes you can't help it!" I repeated. He removed his hands, his smile was still there but now fainter. " Thank you. You make me feel like the person I was told I was more and more," he said sincerity. That melted my heart just a bit. " Your welcome. I can't wait until you are you again. I want to meet the man you once were. I heard you were caring even though you were evil." " Heh, somehow." He looked at the controller. " Shall we continue?" " Heh, sure Garmadon."

We played a few more rounds and I usually was ahead of him except for a few times. I didn't really get first but I was at least better than him. Understandable, he was a newbie at games. I teased him cockily before getting up to make us a snack before our next game. I got a tray and put some pretzels and lays into two different bowls and set them done on the tray. I grabbed a few different drinks and put them on the tray as well before noticing Garmadon as in the kitchen with me. "...Wanna help cut up some fruit?" I asked.

Garmadon nodded and I got out a cutting board. I set out a cantaloupe and a watermelon. I cut open the cantaloupe and scooped out the middle also removing the skin of the cantaloupe. I told him how to cut up both melons and strawberries and gave him two bowls as well as some containers. " Fill up both bowls and then put the rest in the containers ok." I gave him a knife and let him cut up the fruit. I watched him to make sure he was doing it right.

He did it well enough and I put away the containers. He placed the bowls onto the tray and took it for me to the couch. He set it on the ottomen. He sat down and I sat down next to him. " So uh, what is this?" He asked. " Aside from the cantaloupe and watermelon." " Its preztels, their very crunchy. And also lays, they thin with a small crunch. Then we get some sodas, coke, sprite, and fanta. Also water and flavored sparkling water." I introduced the items to him. " Go ahead and try anything you want."

He hummed and tried a small bit of watermelon. " Its so, soft." He hummed. " Its a very watery treat. Thats why its called a watermelon" I giggled as he then tried a cantalope. " Oh thats nice" He said and gave a few more pieces. I took the fanta bottle and poured myself a cup, giving it to him to have a sip. Garmadon sniffed it and took a sip and scrunched up. " hehe, yeah soda is built like that." " Its not bad" He mumbled. I then offered him a small bit of coke into a seperate cup and he liked that a bit more. I poured him up a cup and he happily drank it. 

I changed the tv to watch some youtube videos. We ended up watching ghost and true crime compulations and ate our snacks. Garmadon was really interested in the videos. His tail swifted slightly and laid against me. I hummed and gently pet the tip of his tail as I ate some pretzels. He looked at me confused. " What? You put your tail there" I laughed and he rolled his eyes and snickered. I offered him a preztel and he liked it because they were the sticks kind and it reminded him of bones. Almost like children bones since their small. I gave him a disgusted look and he just laughed at me as he ate the pretezel. " Your odd," " Youre odder, you let a warlord into your home." " And I dont regret it."

(1) I wanted to add that yes in this fanfiction, Lord Garmadon has a tail. In this headcanon, he did not have it before he died but gained it after Harumi summoned him. Since he is supposed to be more oni, it felt right that he would gain a tail for reasons I will discuss in future chapters. His tail has more of a meaning than it's just cute. It wasn't included in past chapters because I didn't know if I wanted to actually have him have it yet. I hope that clears things up!