8

It had been hours. We were still walking. I don't know when I started to grip onto Garmadon's clothes/armor, but I was. He didn't seem to mind it. He took a moment to crack all his fingers at once then his neck. I cringed slightly at the sound so he forcibly popped my fingers. I didn't like that. Not one bit. But now, the day had grown into the darkness of the night and I wanted to lay down and pass away. My legs were aching from getting barely any break.

" May we stop now?" I pleaded. " Why?" Garmadon looked back at me. " My legs ache." I pouted. " It was your choice to follow me." He chuckled. " But I guess." He walked a bit further until he found a small clearing with large rocks and a few tipped-over trees. He sat down on the thickest of the trees and pat the spot next to him. I tried to see next to the tree but he pulled him up to sit on the tree. I looked to the side as he hit his hands together a few times before flinging his hand at a pile of sticks. The sticks soon caught on fire to make a purple fire. Garmadon piled some more sticks and logs onto it to make it bigger.

I gasped a the sight of the purple flames. "Beautiful isn't it." He sat back down. " Yeah, it is." I smiled. "It's beautiful in someone's pain. The cracking of the fire it the sticks and logs screaming for mercy as they burn to their death. But we just smile and make fond memories over it." He narrowed his eyes at the fire. I frowned and looked to the side. " Pain is only beautiful if it means your blood paints a masterpiece for someone else." He grabbed a sharp rock and squeezed it tightly, shattering the rock.

" Do... Do you want to vent-" " No." I gulped and looked to the side again. We sat in silence as he continued to crush rocks. " What is more important than survival?" He suddenly asked me. " And what is the importance of family and friends?" He glared at the purple flames. " Are you, actually asking that?" I looked at him. " Just answer me!" He turned to glare at me. I gulped, " You shouldn't live to survive. You should survive to live." I started to explain.

" Life is more important than survival. Life doesn't mean breathing and being alive in this sense. Experiences, family, friends, love, all that make up life. Without that, what's the point of being alive? If there is no happiness, no reason to keep surviving, then continue to try and stay alive? People can make or break your life and make you want to stop surviving. But they can also inspire you to continue to survive." I gripped onto my dress as Garmadon continued to stare at me.

" So if I have nothing," He started. " Then what's the point on surviving." I finished. He looked into the flame. " I have nothing." He repeated. " You, have something." I put my hand on top of his. His head whipped quickly to the side to stare at me. " What. What could I possibly have!" He growled. " You still have family. Good terms or not. I know you care about them deep down inside." I held his hand. He didn't make any attempt to move his hand away. " You also have me." I smiled at him. " So you are my reason to survive?" He asked. " Don't, don't phrase it like that" I giggled.

" Why?" He asked, raising a brow. " That sounds like something you would tell your lover." I laughed gently. He swiped his hand away from mine and looked to the side as if blushing. " Lord Garmadon, it's ok." I put my hand on his shoulder, " I understand that you didn't think of it like that." Garmadon huffed and looked back at me. I just smiled at him, " If me being the only person who would be friendly to you, then I guess that does make me your reason to survive." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Lord Garmadon stared at me but didn't shrug me off. I smiled more and closed my eyes. " I don't remember why I chose to survive all those years ago. I don't even remember the years." Garmadon frowned. " I... Don't know. You died, didn't you? Could this just be a side effect? Maybe you'll gain your memories over time." I pat his leg. " Perhaps. You're comforting for a human." " Thanks," I giggled. I could feel myself slowly falling asleep to the sound of the fire and the fact I was tired as hell.

Garmadon watched as I fell asleep on his shoulder. He moved my head from his shoulder to his lap. He didn't know why he treated me nicely. But I treated him with kindness and he felt like he should return it. He sighed deeply, " You give me a feeling I can't explain. But what?" He whispered. He pushed my hair out of my face. " I could break you. Throw you into the fire. Crush you. Rip you apart. But instead, I show you some sort of kindness that I didn't know I could give. Why?" He asked my sleeping body.

" Why are you special." He hummed. " You make me feel how he had before. When I met her. Misako. I thought she was a beauty. So kind and smart." He made a disgusted face. " Who cares about her. Cheating whore" he hissed. " And you, you made me feel like how I did back then. But almost more. Why? Why are you special." He looked at my face as I continued to sleep in his lap. " Why am I attached to you. This is only an inconvenience. But I like being attached to you. But why am do I like it. Why?"