Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Epilogue

*.* I'm going to cry. I think I might actually cry. This is so sad. I'm not going to say much, because I'll be posting my final Author's note after this, so yea. Enjoy :) This won't be too long.

Epilogue

~Zoe~

After the party the next day I had to clean the house. Believe me, I wasn't excited about it. As I was taking out the garbage, I called up to Dean's room. "Dean, I need you downstairs to help me, please!" I yelled. I knew he wasn't sleep. If anything he was on his stupid Wii U still playing away at whatever new game Holden had bought him. He spoiled that boy to death, even though he was only his step-father. I appreciated the fact that he treated him so well. 

"I could just help you, y'know," Holden said, holding the garage door open for me. He wiggled his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes, tossing the garbage bag into the garage. "Okay, fine. I'll go get him," he said, giving me a kiss on the cheek before dissapearing up the stairs. 

I went back into the kitchen, washing the dishes until I swear I had prune hands. After about half an hour, Dean came into the kitchen, his eyes still glued to his Wii U. I rolled my eyes, and ripped it form his hands. His eyes widened as I closed it and placed it on the top of the fridge. "Mom! Come on, I was going to win that race," he said, folding his arms over his chest. 

I rolled my eyes. "Please, Dean. You can have it back when you're finished helping me," I said handing him a rag to wash the dishes. "Get to it," I said, pointing to the sink full of freshly washed dishes. He scoffed and walked over there. It was only now that he complains. When he was five, he enjoyed washing the dishes. Five! And now he was so against it. I never really understood his mood swings sometimes. He was growing up too fast, and  wasn't sure if I liked it. He definitely had his fathers temper and attitude. I wasn't sure what that would mean in the future.

I watched Dean as he cleaned the dishes. It kind of freaked me out that even though he was young, from behind, he looked so much like Lucas. "Dean?" I said from my spot at the table. He looked at me for a second before turning back to the sink. "You know I love you right?" 

"Of course," he mumbled sounding a bit more than a little sarcastic. I could imagine him rolling his eyes, and I fought the urge to yell. I stood up and walked over to him, taking the cloth from his grasp and turning him around so he looked at me. I was glad I could look into his eyes without thinking of Lucas, so that at least made it easier to smile at him.

"Then you'll know I never do anything to make you upset on purpose. I just need your help," I said, holding the top of his arms. He nodded and I pulled him into my arms and whispered to him, something I knew that if I didn't say, I'd be holding it in forever. "Never change."

He nodded again and plucked the cloth from the counter, turning back to the dishes. As I stood up, I heard the door bell. I heard Holden open the door and greet a man at the door. The man sounded stern and business-like, so I instantly got curious. I left the kitchen and joined Holden at the door to be greeted by a man in a suit, looking about fifty years old. "Are you Zoe Jacobson?" he asked, his mouth set into a grim line, never changing.

I nodded, and he held out a large envelope to me. I opened it and pulled out a stack of papers clipped together. "What is this?" I asked before looking at the title of the package. I felt my stomach drop before looking back at the man. "What. Is. This?" I repeated again, making every single word come out clearly. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. there was no way this was. We had a deal. He'd made it very clear where he stood in Dean's life, and now this? This wasn't fair. I wasn't going to stand for this. I really hoped it was all a sick voice. But the serious sound of the mans voice definitely told me that he wasn't kidding about any of this. 

"Lucas Daniels has officially signed, and he's fighting you for full custody over Dean."

The End. 

Stay Tuned for a BIG SURPRISE in my final Author's Note.

Thank you to all my amazing fans and supporters for helping me get this book where it is. I can't wait for our next big journey :D