Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 15

Hey guys! I know a lot of you were probably really upset about the last chapter, and that is exactly what I expected. But all I ask is that you try and stay positive about Melody because I promise, that the way everything turns out will satisfy you guys. :)

So, Enjoy :)

Chapter 15

Weeks passed. As soon as my birthday did, I was out. I went over to Hannah's and her parents agreed to let me stay there. Besides, they have always been better parents to me. So I moved in, and everything was so much better. Even though I missed my sisters like crazy, I couldn't go back. I sincerely wished that I could've taken them with me. 

I sat on Hannah's bed as she painted her toenails, and tried to think. Tried to focus on the task at hand. But no, all I could think about was the fact that it has been five weeks since. Five weeks since Lucas and I had had sex. Five weeks, and he hasn't contacted me since then. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed. I sure as hell was. And not only that, but I was hurt. I felt used, and useless and I felt like dirt. I don't remember how many times I'd left a message on Lucas' phone, but I knew it was over ten times. If I looked back on all the texts I sent, I knew I would be able to count well over one hundred. Call me needy, clingy and desperate, but I didn't care. From my end, it didn't look too good on Lucas' side.

For the past 24 hours, Hannah's been trying to get me to speak. But I refuse. I told her when she could get Lucas to talk to me, then would I speak to her. To anyone. 

"You're being ridiculous. Just because Lucas is being an ass, you have to be an anti-social loser?" she says, falling down next to me on the couch. I continue to stare down at my hands, but I really want to say something. "Melody. I told you, continuously that Lucas was going to do this. You never heard me."

She was right. I knew she was right. I couldn't stop the flow of my tears as they rolled down my cheeks. I did my bets not to sob out loud, but I couldn't hold it back. The only other time I had ever felt like this was when Jesse had basically spat in my face. 

In the end, this was all his fault. Yes, I made the mistake of having sex with Lucas. Yes, I had trusted Lucas even though he couldn't give two shits about me. Yes, I had probably made more mistakes than anyone on the known universe, but it was Jesse's fault. He walked away. He didn't even bother to give me a chance to explain. He assumed the worst, which ended up being false information! And in the end, all of this had happened. But if only I had taken the chance and went to talk to him. I guess I'm just a chicken.

"No you're not a chicken," Hannah said softly, rubbing my shoulder. 

I groaned and dropped my head into my hands. "This is so messed up," I mumbled into my hands, my words muffled. Hannah laughed lightly and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into her side, holding me there. 

She kissed the top of my head and lifted me out of my hands so I could look her in the eyes. "You know you still have the opportunity to get Jesse back, right?" Hannah said, her eyes shining with happiness and mischief. It was looks like that that reminded me why I was friends with her in the first place. Her optimism and outgoing personality balanced me out.