Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 1

This chapter is kind of just a filler, but it'll get more interesting I promise :D

ENJOY!

Chapter 1

Finally. The last day of school. My last day of torment and torture before two months of peaceful, enclosed relaxation. And of course, the continuous ramblings of Hannah over Skype. Something I'd agreed to by becoming her friend. If Hannah wanted to video chat, she got her video chat. 

"It won't be so bad. It's just one more day. And I say we just camp out in the theatre all lunch like we used to do," Hannah said as we walked up the large stairs at the front of the school. I pushed open the doors and we walked down the hallway. I couldn't help myself from keeping a look out of Jesse and his pack of wolves.

Hannah noticed me searching around and laughed at me, clearly amused. "Maybe it'll be better if you don't look for him," she said, dragging me over to our lockers.

I shrugged. "Perhaps. I guess it's just instinct now."

"Well, you need to get over that." 

I sighed as we grabbed our books and headed to History class. She was right, of course. I couldn't be the innocent, gullible target my entire life. I had to get over Jesse Larson and not let him push me around like some middle school bully. "I know," was all I said when we walked into the classroom.

I had forgotten - for about two minutes, considering it was hard to forget this kind of thing - that Jesse and Palmer were in this class too. Somehow they'd made it here first, and were clearly awaiting my arrival. "Hey there, four eyes," Palmer said, his tone disgusted as Hannah and I took our seats in front of them. Lucky me. Palmer's sitting behind me today. This is exactly what I needed. Jesse may be a bigger bully, but Palmer doesn't know when to shut up. Something he really should have been taught back in Grade school. 

Instead of getting mad, I turned around and gave him a sickeningly sweet smile. "Hi Palmer," I said, before turning around again. I gave Hannah a look and she pointed a discreet thumbs up in my direction. 

"Wow Palmer, I told you, you only attract the ugly ones," Jesse said, picking on his best friend. 

Palmer grunted. "Shut up, man," he said, earning an amused chuckle from Jesse. That's when I felt him lean in from behind me. "I know I'm certainly not attracted to you," he said with a sneer. I just did my best to ignore it as he leaned back, slapping hands with Jesse. I rolled my eyes. "boys being boys was completely idiotic. 

Hannah leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. "I don't know why I ever found Palmer attractive in Middle School," she said, looking at him with disgust, which I'm pleased to say he simply ignored. 

"Jesse, where were you?" A high, girlish voice said from the doorway. I looked up to see Jesse's very pretty, very sweet girlfriend Zoe walking into the room. She flitted over to him like a tiny fairy and fell into his lap. I could tell by his facial expressions he was completely bored. "I've been looking all over for you."

He simply shrugged and tucked his arms behind his head. "Sorry babe, I woke up late last night. didn't get much sleep," he exclaimed, looking over Zoe's shoulder. I looked over to see a very bimbo-Esq blond girl twiddling her fingers at him. He gave her a subtle wink.