Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 18

HEY GUYS! So, a lot of you probably won't like this chapter and im sorry for that, but I still hope you sort of enjoy it xD And again, sorry if it's short! -___-

Chapter 18

~Lucas~

 I sat at the bar and tapped my fingers on the counter, as my eyes scanned the crowd for her. I didn;t see her, so she couldn't be here yet. Or maybe she was avoiding me. It didn't matter. I did it first. I would just have to talk to her later. But I had to get rid of the real problem first. Sadly, he's not here yet, either. 

I was going to kill Jesse. I didn't know when or where, but I knew he was dead to me. He was the reason everything was so destroyed. If he hadn't gotten in that freaking car accident and lost his sight, maybe Melody wouldn't have felt the need to befriend him, and fall hopelessly in love with him. And she would still be mine right now. I mean, I did already get what I wanted with her, but I was up for it anytime, anyplace. And I wasn't about to let her get away so easily.

"You know," said a voice as they slid onto the chair next to mine. "If you're just here to ruin the party you better leave. No one wants a buzz kill in their midst." I turned my head to see Tara Reynolds glaring at me, her hands crossed over her chest.

I smirked. "I'm not going to ruin the party. Just Jesse's," I muttered to myself. It didn't matter though. I know she heard me.

"Well then if you think so you're greatly mistaken," she said, standing up in front of me.

I stood up too, looming several inches above her. "Am I? What are you going to do about it?" 

"Well first of all, I'm not going to let you go anywhere near him. If you're going to hurt Jesse, you hurt me first," she said, sounding more persistent than joking. I laughed and downed the rest of my beer that I had left sitting there and walked around her. "Lucas, stop!" she yelled in my ear, tugging on my shoulder. 

I stopped in my tracks and bore my eyes into Tara's. She stared at me, silently begging me not to do anything I'd regret. But I simply ripped my arm from her grasp and turned on my heel, walking into the crowd.

I elbowed my way through the crowd of people, scoping the room for Jesse. I couldn't see him anywhere, but I was probably just to drunk to notice him. I asked a few people where he was, but I basically got a bunch of slurred no's and one 'I don't give a shit'. I simply nodded stiffly and continued through the house, walking up several flights of stairs until I got to the top floor. It was then did I notice Melody.

She was standing on a balcony through a set of white french doors, talking to Hannah. She seemed distraught and tired, and scared. I would've gone over to her, if I hadn't hear an all to familiar, aggravating laugh from the backyard. 

I ran to the next closest balcony and peered over the edge to see Jesse and a group of friends talking. Tara was amongst them. She was whispering rapidly in Jesse's ear, probably warning him about me. His face turned sombre, and I was instantly grateful for the fact that he couldn't see me watching him. It gave me the perfect chance to jump from the balcony down onto the grass.