Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 14

FIRST THING IM GONNA SAY! I am proud to dedicate this chapter to my dear friend, unoriginalkatia! :) I think she is probably one of my most dedicated readers and best wattpad friends and i just wat to thank her for supporting me from the start :D 

Second, I know I've been uploading pretty frequently lately, but I also dont want you guys to expect that too often. As much as I love you guys, i cant upload every two days. 

BUT HERE YOU GO! Enjoy :) xoxo

Chapter 1

~Jesse~

I don't know how I knew, but when Tara left to go talk with her friend, I knew it wasn't Zoe. I knew that because she sounded a bit edgy. Which only means that it could be someone I didn't really want to be in the presence of. Melody. 

I could hear her beautiful voice from across from the room. Her laugh, her giggle. I could hear the smile in her voice as she and Tara spoke to each other. I wanted so much as to walk over there and apologize for what I'd  said the other day. I was hurt and angry, and now she probably hated me more than anything in the world. When I heard my name mentioned, I couldn't help but turn my head in that direction.

For that one moment I wished I could see her face. She what she thought about me and Tara here together. I don't know why it mattered to me so much. I used to go through girls like tissues, but for some reason, Melody's opinion mattered to me. 

"Hey!" Tara said, walking back over. I hadn't even realized Melody had left. I was too occupied in my own thoughts to hear her depart. "I'm sorry about that," she said, grabbing my hands and lifted me up off the stool. She placed a ball in my hands and led me over to the lane, positioning me right in the middle. "It's your turn."

I laughed and rolled the ball, flinching when she squealed right in my ear. Another strike! Jesse, you are on fire!" she cried, wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled and hugged her back, nearly lifting her off the ground. 

"No, you are Melody," I said, kissing her on the forehead. 

She pulled back. "Wait, what? Did you say Melody?" she asks incredulously. My eyes widened and I quickly let go of her, running a sweaty hand through my hair. No, I didn't just say that. " Jesse, you just said Melody." I bit my lip, but realized that her voice didn't sound mad. It sounded like she wasn't even surprised at all. "You aren't over her."

I sighed and fell down back on the bench. "Tara, I'm sorry. But I love Melody. I thought maybe I could get over her, but it's too hard. She's just so beautiful, and loving..." I trailed off as I remembered all those little moments with her. Kissing her, touching her, holding her. "I am really sorry."

She sighed and I felt her sit down next to me and take my hand. "I understand. I'll take you home," she said, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bowling alley. 

~Melody~