Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When we got to his house, I was a little shocked to see Lucas' parents weren't home. They usually never leave the house. I didn't bother saying anything though, and I just let him lead me inside. I stepped into his familiar house, my nose suddenly burning with the smell of freshly burned coals from his fireplace. As he went to go find us a movie, I started up the fire again. 

When the fire was burning, I sat down on the ground, holding my palms out to warm them because of the frigid air outside. Lucas soon came back, and put the movie in, and turned on the TV which was right above us. 

He dropped down on the floor next to me, and we both leaned back against the couch. I smiled as he slipped one arm over my shoulder. I leaned into his side, breathing in the fresh scent of his cologne. "Thanks for this," I said as the opening previews started. "Today was such a good day," I said, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. 

He smirks at me. "I'm just full of surprises," he says, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shake my head and slap his chest. He just chuckles at me, kissing the top of my head softly. I smile and lean into his side, savoring his warmth and the smell of him. I wrapped my arms around his waist not wanting to have any space in between us. All  thoughts I may have had about Jesse instantly vanished as Lucas and I snuggled by the couch.

"So what did you do all week?" I asked him.

I snuggled even further into his side as I listened to his story of how he had bee hiking the majority of the week. I remember laughing when he told me a snapping turtle almost bit off his finger when he tried to feed it a chip. And even the story of when he saw a bear and it started to chase him through the woods. I hadn't been worried because I knew that Lucas knew how to take care of himself. And even though they'd disappeared, thoughts of Jesse continued to peek into my mind. 

No matter how many times I tried to ignore it,  the feelings and thoughts of Jesse overpowered everything else I thought or felt. In all honesty, being with Jesse was probably one of the craziest, stupidest things I'd ever done. But it had also made me feel alive and young and sexy. Both of them made me feel more loved than I'd ever felt, but when I was with Jesse, it was like nothing else existed. It felt right sitting with Lucas now. But there was something else in me, telling me I should be with Jesse. In his arms, kissing him. I suddenly got a sickness in the pit of my stomach, and I snapped out of my thoughts, pulling away form Lucas. 

He frowned slightly, placing a hand on my arm. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, rubbing my arm in a comforting gesture. I just shook my head and he stood me up, hugging me tightly to his chest. "Hey, how about I drive you home?"

I nodded numbly, and let me lead him out of the house. 

~Jesse~

I let Damien lead me up the stairs of Melody's house, and I already regretted it. I tried so many times earlier to get him to turn the car around and take me home, but he refused, telling me that I had to get it over with now. If she rejected me, then that was that. But if she gave me another chance, I better as hell not screw it up.