【3】

𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰

- - -

"megumi, are you listening?" a muffled voice scripted off in the back of my head.

"hey dumbass!" a large smack to the back of my head knocked me onto my senses again.

"damnit! what do want nobara?" i scolded her.

"yuuji asked you a question, plus you've been spacing out lately and it's pissing me off" she rolled her eyes.

"sorry, i just got a lot in mind" i sighed.

"so are you gonna tell us how you got that cut on your cheek?" yuuji pointed. 

"it was an awkward moment--that's all i can say" i said.

"yikes, looks like you got your ass kicked" nobara pointed as well.

"can we let it go? i don't need more constant reminders of it" i spat.

they both backed off and shrugged. we blabbed on more of what our school project should be but none of their ideas made sense. nobara meant well but her ideas sounded half assed and yuuji was just making shit up like researching the ecosystems of the tree people. 

"i'll look into it, you guys can go home. if i get any better ideas i'll text you guys" i sent them home. they both nodded and walked home together.

i mean it's only natural. they do live right beside each other. on the other hand i live on the other side of town where people don't always make it home. i stared at my macbook; blanking out at the white research paper in front of me--something tells me i'm gonna end up doing all the work.

even here at this coffee shop my mind seems to be cluttered. i can't think straight. a cute distant giggle distracted me from the back of the coffee shop. i glance at the noisy table and gasp.

it was her again. that woman from before. the one that made me get my ass kicked. i can't believe i defended her. some woman i don't know made me get tossed around by some buff meat head. all she did was watch as i got kicked around. why did i deserve that? i just wanted to go home and plan something for our biology project. she's the reason i can't even think straight anymore. why i can't even get a good idea. i'm smart, i've got a scholarship--i should already be done with this. but because of her--i can't get anything done anymore. she ruined my face and my thoughts. that woman is nothing but a bother. i hate her.

i now glared at her, grinding my teeth every time she snorted a laugh. a large arm caressed her small delicate forearm. this guy looked like a grizzly bear compared to her. he had his back turned to the others in the shop while she faced him. they were in a booth, ignoring the rest of the world while they sipped their coffee. i rolled my eyes. how disgusting do they look. what pathetic guy wants to be with her? she's nothing but trouble.

"can you get our orders? i have to use the restroom really fast" she smiled.

he nodded and got up. as he walked to the front of the shop, i noticed something familiar about this man. his dark fallen hair to his face, that broody demeanor, the scars on his arms and his built body. no...

no.

"d-dad?" i asked.

he passed me and stopped. slowly turning, i met eyes with him. my jaw dropped.

"holy crap, megumi? what are you doing here?" he chuckled while questioning me.

"doing homework...what are you doing here?" i cocked my eyebrow.