【9】

𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫

-

it was getting late. and the atmosphere didn't seem right anymore. a tight pulling sensation clamped over my heart. i clenched my fists and sighed. 

"what's taking them so long? i hope they're okay" i sat down on the towel.

everyone was beginning to pack up. majority of the beach was empty now. i was pretty much alone. 

more time kept passing by, my gut was churning more and more; i began to feel more anxious than before. something bad happened. i can feel it. they must be fighting again. i shot up from my spot on the floor and stood up straight. i began gathering the stuff megumi brought with him today and placed them all in the large picnic bag he stashed aside.

i have to go find them. it's freezing out here. toji isn't even wearing a shirt so he has to be cold. megumi had a long sleeve so i'm assuming he's fine.

"keiko!!" i heard from the distance.

i shot my head up, looking at every possible spot the voice could of came from.

"keiko!! over here!" i finally looked in the direction of the voice. it was yuuji. 

"yuuji? what are you doing here?" i asked, beyond confused.

"where's megumi!? when was the last time you saw him?" he reached me, gasping for breath.

"what? i mean, he went with his dad by the end of the shore over there" i pointed to the left.

"crap, let's go!" he pulled my arm and took me along with him.

"wait! what happened!?"

"it's megumi! he's hurt!" 

my heart stopped. megumi. . .he's hurt. he's hurt? how? how did this happen? why does it feel like my heart is getting torn into pieces? my chest ached much more now. it felt heavy and dense. where the hell is toji!?

"come on! he must be over there!" yuuji kept pulling me.

water dripped from my eyes, my chest pain wasn't going away. this was seriously bad. we ran to what seemed a circle of large sharp rocks with a entrance in the middle. i began slowing down. yuuji ran ahead of me and slipped on the sand in front of a black shadow. i stood there, my eyes widening at the figure in front of me and the realization of how much time i wasted sitting there alone when i could of been here to stop this before it even started.

"megumi!" my feet dashed towards him.

i skidded on the sand; falling to my knees before him. my eyes dropped glops of tears onto his bloody face. he wasn't moving. he was so still and his face was cold. i began panicking. i placed my ear to his chest to hear for a heart beat, a movement. anything--but he was silent. he was still.

"i called the emergency line, an ambulance will get here in a couple of minutes. we just have to keep him warm and try to find a heart beat" yuuji threw his phone on the floor and returned to attend megumi's lifeless body.

i couldn't help but cry. megumi's done so much for me. and i couldn't help him yet again. i've been a bother to him since the beginning and as a result he always ends up hurt. i care about him, he's the closest friend i've had in a very long time. it's like seeing your love being torn apart or stabbed a million times and all you could do is stand there and watch.

"keiko, listen to me. megumi needs you more than ever. he needs you here with him and i need you to promise me you'll do everything you can do be there. you and him might still be strangers but i know megumi more than i know myself--this idiot cares about you. more than he lets on. just please. . .don't let him down like everyone else does" yuuji sighed.