【15】

𝔠𝔬𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔢 𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔞?

-

"WHAT THE HELL!!"

i turned to megumi--he was furious. the veins on his neck and hands had popped out. his fists were clenched. i don't think i've ever seen him so disturbed before besides when he talks to his dad.

"you better start making sense maki. you said this was a job interview; not some sort of consort application!" he spat.

"i knew if i said this to you on the phone then of course you wouldn't bring her around. your father did say she is a beauty" she continued to smile at us like nothing was ever wrong.

wait--toji? toji spoke to them about me? what exactly did he even say to these people?

"what the hell are you talking about?! and what the hell does my old man have anything to do with this conversation more so over her" 

"awhile ago your father, toji, came here and laid off some steam--"

"so he gambled" megumi cut in.

"yes--anyway, he was losing so one way that caught the young master's attention was that if he let him slip in a win then he'd give her off to him. they both negotiated; both talked such wonderful things about miss fujiwara. he mentioned you two were dating but the young master insisted on meeting such a fine woman. as he thought about it he then changed his mind. fushiguro got greedy as always and kept you to himself. but thanks to megumi we've got a hold of you again" 

her words struck me like lightning. my body had stiffened up at these new eye opening facts.

"no way" megumi cut in again.

"don't be so upset megumi. this is for the good of the family" maki's smile faded from her lips. her expressions were as serious as ever.

toji sold me out? he sold me out. to his family over some damn game? that he was losing!? another wave of rage began consuming my mind. like a red cloud was hovering over me.

"this is ridiculous. i didn't come all this way for you to trick me and sell her off to this miserable family!" megumi grabbed me by the hand and pulled me close towards him.

the cloud that hovered over me suddenly disappeared. i turned my attention to him, who was staring daggers at his cousin.

"we're leaving" he growled.

he and i walked began our retreat. but before leaving much farther maki had suggested something.

"megumi. why don't you hear them out?" a familiar voice shook me to the core.

-

we were all inside, my leg would not stop shaking. i was anxious, i was angry, i was upset. my emotions recoiled each and every time i glanced over to him. 

my mind raced with so many questions. so much anguish. my chest felt like exploding.

"good to see you, fushiguro family" maki smiled.

"it's a pleasure" toji tilted his chin upwards.

"now, back to the discussion. i'm guessing you've changed your mind?" she asked.

"something like that. i think she should at least meet the family. we are dating after all" toji chuckled darkly.

"i guess you can say something like that. shall i fetch the young master?" maki asked.

"go right ahead" he spoke.

she bowed before leaving and made her exit.

megumi and i sat beside toji, awkwardly avoiding him.