【19】

𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫

-

"why so glum?" i hear yuuji's voice in the distance.

"sorry, i was just lost in thought" i replied.

"you've been doing that lately. it's been over a year hasn't it" he reminded me.

"yeah. . .but it's what she wanted remember" i sighed.

"i know buddy," yuuji sat beside me and pat my back.

i've been living with him for over a year and a half. it's not exactly something i thought i'd ever consider because he's a living slob and i've managed to pick up after myself. it was really hard at first but, yuuji and nobara surprisingly helped me out a lot.

the last day i saw her was weeks before summer. and now it's winter again. we waved each other goodbye and that was that. yuuji knew i'd have a hard time leaving if i went back for my stuff. so he offered to go pick up my belongings and say my final goodbye to her. in return, she gave me the stuffed tanuki she had and let me keep kurai. it's been hard on him too, he misses his sister. 

"yuuji, just let it go. i have. she's probably doing better off without me or dad around" i stood up, walking away from him.

"you seriously believe the woman of your dreams is out there doing so much better without you? you sicken me" yuuji spat.

"what's your deal? you think i'm gonna chase after her like some sort of shoujo--"

"that's exactly what it is! but you're too dull to even recognize it" he rolled his eyes.

"quit trying to piss me off yuuji this is real life. i won't chase after her she told me not to. and i'm respecting that" i stomped my foot on the floor.

"i highly doubt that" he smirked.

i glared coldly at him, keeping our intense staring contest. he wiggles his eyebrows at me, meaning he had something up his sleeve.

"hmm, well if you say so" he broke our contest and also stood up from his couch walking away into his room.

"get dressed, we've got to go grocery shopping" i announced.

"it's 5 in the afternoon the sun will soon set" yuuji groaned.

"i told you to go this morning with me but instead you decided to sleep in and masterbate!" i scolded him.

"a man has needs!!" he pouted.

rolling my eyes i walked to my small room which was originally yuuji's gaming room. i put on a hoodie and some long sweats. it would get colder the longer we stand around here. i walk out seeing yuuji with some shorts and a windbreaker.

"you're gonna regret that outfit" i advised him early.

"i'll be fine. plus we're just gonna grab noodles and come back right?"

"noodles and candy don't count for dinner!!" i roared.

"sheesh okay! just stop being so moody!" yuuji plead.

once i refilled kurai's bowl of food we headed out. the sun was an hour away from setting, it would start getting colder anytime soon. we began our way to the markets. it was snowing outside, the streets were filling up with the cold white snow. not a single part of me was warm. i haven't felt warmth in a very long time, not since i last saw her. she gave me everything i could ever ask for--even when she wasn't mine. i just wish i could see her one last time before saying goodbye forever.