【14】

𝔲𝔫𝔢𝔵𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔫𝔢𝔴𝔰

-

"i can't believe i'm here again" megumi spat.

"oh c'mon. don't be so uptight. it's good to reconnect with family" i smiled awkwardly.

"ha, you'll see soon enough" he rolled his eyes as a smirk plastered over his lips.

the large black gates began to slowly open. we were here, at the top of the hill in the city. we took a cab up here which ended up being an hour long. let's just say my bank account is drying up.

we began walking in, and let me say. this place was gorgeous. but honestly it looked like any other house. if anything smaller. we walked up to the front door and walked in. sliding the door, we found nobody here.

"hello? is this the right place?" i asked loudly.

"you're wasting your time. this isn't even it. we just get changed here" megumi started walking to the side closet.

huh!?

"what do you mean change? we have to change clothes? why?" i asked.

"because they follow japanese traditions and i hate it. reason why dad and i barely even interacted with them. their rules and regulations are very strict which made dad pissed off and leave the family for good" he explained.

i then realized.

"megumi. . .you were rich!?" 

"yeah, but dad escaped the life and that's the one thing i'm thankful he did" megumi sassed.

sheesh, i didn't know how much megumi and toji both hated their family so much. i mean i can't even relate. all my family is either gone or dead. i lived alone most of my life so i wish i had someone to love or hate. but i had nothing except my grandparents. they at least tried to give me a good life for which im forever grateful. but they have a family and had a good fortune and left it behind for the better. speaks a lot about how badly this family must be.

"what size are you?" he asked.

"i-i'll look for the clothes don't worry about me" i stammered.

it's embarrassing to have him look for me. i'll save him the trouble.

i walked to the closet an began rummaging through their millions of traditional kimonos. so many colors yet one sparked my interest. it was blue and it was covered in small sakura flowers. it was gorgeous but before i even grabbed it megumi stepped in and stopped my hand from even touching it.

"i forgot to mention--don't pick any colorful kimono or else they'll kick you out faster than you can even think. i suggest something simple and diplomatic" he stated.

"what? that's dumb. why even have these kinds of colors here anyway then?" i asked.

"because they want to fool you" he unhanded me and walked back.

my nerves were beginning to unsettle. this was getting more and more complicated than it needs to be. how much is this job gonna require? am i even fit for this spot if i need to do this every time i'm here?

i sighed and grabbed a white silk kimono. it wasn't something i wanted but it was pretty simple. going over to the small side bathroom i walked in and tried my best to slip in. i haven't worn something like this since i was young. ever since then i never touched it.

"are you done? or do you need any assistance?" megumi knocked on my door.

"uh yeah just hol--"

and without second guessing this idiot just swung open the door, exposing himself to me being half naked from the waist up. the heat rushed to our cheeks as we intensely stared at each other.