【20】

𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔣

-

"hello?" 

"keiko, i think we need to talk about megumi" it was yuuji.

"why? did something happen?" i ask.

"no. he's fine. but. . .i can't keep lying to him about you. about us" he sounded serious.

"yuuji, that's a terrible idea. i told you to take care of him and that's it" i stated.

"yeah but i think he's back to being worse than before. he calls after you in his sleep all the time" hearing him say that made my heart flutter into billions of tiny fireflies.

"then take him night clubbing" i suggested.

"this guy hates any other interactions with anyone. literally. you've seen that before" yuuji groaned over the line.

"then take him on a trip? you've been saving out for his birthday right? go out somewhere nice and make him meet a nice girl" i sighed.

"keiko. . .why do you keep distancing yourself? i already told you he needs you--"

"yuuji. . .i'm a 24 year old lady that went out with his dad and broke his trust. i don't think he needs someone like me" 

"keiko. you might be 24 but you sure act like a dumb 13 year old" yuuji scoffed.

"excuse me!?" i scolded my phone.

"SHH!!" the librarian near by shushed me.

"sorry. . ." i apologized.

"where are you?" he asked.

"the library. i'm trying to get this paperwork done. i'm an assistant at some law firm and my boss ordered me to make 300 copies by tomorrow morning at 7 am" i groaned quietly.

"yikes. i thought you worked at a daycare?" yuuji asked.

"well feeding babies some cookies and singing to them didn't pay enough so i got this stupid firm job for extra bucks and now i just work at the daycare for the weekends" i face palmed.

"sheesh. well anyway, just come by for a visit at least" yuuji plead.

"no! i just said to watch him! if i go and see him i'll--"

"totally gush your feelings out to each other like a bunch of school girls!"

"what?!" the blush of crimson flashed my cheeks.

"you're so into him--"

"yuuji shut up!"

"ma'am i'm ordering you to leave" the old library woman was standing beside me near the copying machine.

"i. . .i--i'm sorry" i'm so gonna drag yuuji to hell for this.

i calmly yet anxiously walked out the library with only 130 copies. i'm so fired if i don't do this right.

"so are you gonna come over or not?" yuuji started being so damn obnoxious.

"no! quit bothering me about it--"

"i have a copying machine here that megumi and i used for college. you're lucky we're on winter break so it's all yours for now" he purred.

damn it yuuji! 

"fine! is meg--"

"yes he's home i'll be expecting you here soon you know the address. goodbye" he clicked on me.