t w o

Everyone tells you about the bad boys

Everyone tells you about the bad boys. The ones who smoke and party 24/7. The ones with deep husky voices that can get girls to their knees.

But what about the good ones? The ones that smile but it doesn't reach their eyes. The ones who respect everyone and put everyone else above themselves. The truly broken ones, the ones in need.

The ones who do not want but need love. The ones who laugh at jokes and make sure everyone is happy around them, secretly wishing they could be like that too. The ones who don't need fixing, but just someone's shoulder to cry on when they can't fake their smiles anymore.

Maxwell Knight was that boy.

He was a kind-hearted and compassionate boy, known for his ability to brighten others' days with his warmth and humour. Despite growing up in a challenging environment, he had never lost his ability to find joy in the simple things in life. However, behind that bright smile and easy manner, he was also hurt and struggling with a lack of self-worth. Despite this, he always made sure that others were ok before himself, often putting their needs before his own. Yet, despite his kind nature, he felt like he was missing something in his life, always longing for a deeper connection and a sense of belonging.

But then someone did come. Someone who could truly make him laugh and hold him when he was just tired. Tired of his family. Tired of his fake friends. Tired of himself. Tired of living.

It was Delilah. She saved him unknowingly, she became his everything, and he couldn't be happier. He felt alive, he felt that his existence was finally worth it. He was truly happy.

But that happiness only lasted for a few years. It was when he realized that she now hates him. It was all his fault. It was his existence that no one could stay with him for a long time.

He would have done anything to get her back and just kiss her forehead again but no, he couldn't do it.

A/N: this was just a small detail of their past<3

Delilah Warner

He was fucking gorgeous. Those green eyes that shone with happiness when we were together are now filled with emptiness. His hair was the rich, dark brown of ancient mahogany, with the subtle tints that only time could bring. The strands fell with each stride, reflecting the brightening sunlight in waves.

He had his black suit on, the crispness of the fabric making him look sharp and polished. The tailored fit highlighted his muscular build, with the suit's shoulders providing just enough structure to create an elegant silhouette. Underneath the suit was a simple white shirt with all the buttons done up, the material crisp and clean. The suit paired perfectly with the black leather shoes on his feet, each step making a satisfying click on the hard floor as he moved to get to his younger brother. He looked like the picture of elegance, and with every step he took, there was an air of sophistication and confidence around him.

I realized I was staring at him, so I just stood up and was about to leave with Alisia when I heard Ryan say, "Alisia wait! This is my big brother, Max." He looked at Max and smiled. Max smiled back but it wasn't that genuine.
"Max bro, this is my best friend Alisia, and that beautiful lady is her sister over there. she is so pretty, right?" He asked Maxwell.

Maxwell's gaze roamed over my body, studying every curve and angle as though he was trying to decipher a map. After a full minute, he finally lifted his eyes to meet mine and nodded at his brother, acknowledging my presence but without saying a word.

Even as his eyes roamed over my form, my cheeks didn't grow warmer, as they usually did with anyone else. No, with him, I was cold, my heart turning to ice as I thought of what he'd done to me. The trauma, the pain, the shame-it was all too much. I'd never be able to forget, never, and every time we crossed paths, the memories would resurface, vivid and painful. It was all I could see when I looked at him-my dark past, a cloud that hung over me and weighed me down. It was hard to imagine that I'd ever be able to move past it.

I gave a small smile to Ryan and took Alisia away not before they hugged each other as if this was the last time they were ever gonna meet.

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

I was just about to drift off when my phone rang, piercing the silence of the night. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the caller ID-it was my dad's secretary, Rodrick. His voice was rushed as he spoke, "Lilah, you need to come to the hospital immediately. Your father's taken a turn for the worse, and he wants to see you as soon as possible." I jumped out of bed and scrambled to throw on clothes, feeling the urgency of the situation growing with every passing second. I raced to my car and tore down the road, my mind running wild with worry for my father. The hospital felt like an eternity away, and as I pulled into the parking lot, 

I wasn't very close with my dad but we were on okay-ish terms. He doesn't speak that much but I know he loves me a lot. He has proved that so many times and the biggest one being because of him.

I reached the hospital in around 10 minutes and I froze when I saw the seen in front of me. Maxwell was there. He and my dad were laughing about something I don't give two fucks about.

I was so angry. what the fuck is he doing here? why is he with my dad and why is dad laughing with him as if nothing happened 6 years ago. I went there and they stopped talking. Dad gave me a small smile and Maxwell just stood there his face emotionless.
I was about to yell at Max but before I could, dad stopped me. He said, "come sit here both of you I need to talk." I just quickly went and sat because I had to know why he called him here.

"Listen to me but do not freak out, okay?" he asked. we both just nodded.

Dad went and took both of our hands and held them "Maxwell please marry my daughter."

thank you for reading baes, hope you enjoyed the chapter<3

please vote, comment, and follow<3

Also thank you for 100+ reads in just a day I couldn't be happier :).

until next time,

alishba♡

[edited on: 1/3/2024]