t h i r t y - f o u r

Omg, she's alive?? no way. no vote count needed but please comment<33 

"But if I'm all dressed up, they might as well be looking at us"

|T H I R D P E R S O N|{UNEDITED}

"No, that's too shiny," Maxwell said, scrunching his nose at the dress Delilah was trying out, which looked annoyingly itchy and way too shiny.

Currently, both of them were at a high-end Indian dress store, purchasing a dress for Delilah to wear at the ball being held tonight by one of the big shareholder's of Delilah's dad's company. They had no choice but to attend the ball; its not like they mind it, though. Rather, Delilah was very excited to meet new people, while Maxwell was excited to see Delilah in Indian clothes.

Its been more than an hour, and Delilah has tried more than 8 dresses, but Maxwell always kept finding faults in all the dresses, saying they were "too simple," "too much," etc. Normally, Delilah would have stopped listening to him, but she found herself secretly agreeing to everything he was saying.

It was almost as if she wanted to be dressed in a way that he liked, but she dismissed those thoughts as soon as they came.

After what felt like hours, she finally came out, and what he saw in front of him made his heart stop. It was as if his eyes were stuck to her and he could feel romantic music playing in his head. He felt the same way he felt on his wedding day when he saw her walking down the aisle wearing her wedding dress.

The dress was a long gown made of delicate white silk that flutters in the slightest breeze. It is trimmed with intricate golden threadwork along the neck and hems, adding a luxurious touch. The thin straps are adorned with golden beads and gems, echoing the opulent details of the dress. A delicate tulle overlay rests on the top of the dress, adding a light and airy vibe while revealing bits of the dress underneath. A delicate sheer panel drapes over the left shoulder, emphasizing the soft shape of the shoulder and neckline.

Maxwell was taken aback by the sight of his beautiful wife in a stunning Indian dress. He watched as her curves were accentuated by the dress, and the color complimented her perfect skin tone. His eyes were drawn to her sleek hair, and he couldn't help but marvel at her elegance. He was awestruck by the way she carried herself with grace and confidence, and he could feel his heart beating faster. 

She became increasingly anxious as she waited for him to say something, but he remained silent, his eyes fixed on her with a stare that was almost too intense. She had never seen him look at her like this before, and the longer the silence went on, the more nervous she became.

She struggled to read his expression, which remained stone-like, staring unflinchingly at her. It was as if time stood still, as all she could do was wait for him to address her. The tension in the air grew thicker, making her feel as if she couldn't breathe.

"F-fuck," he stumbled out, as if finally finding the words to truly express his thoughts. "It... You're perfect," he repeated, still in a daze but now his heart beating quicker. The urge to hug her suddenly became more prominent, as did the urge to hold her, touch her, and be near her. It overwhelmed him, and he felt his breath quicken as the urge became stronger.

"So... I'll finalize this dress," she responded nonchalantly, trying to act like it was no big deal to her, like she felt no butterflies in her stomach as he continued to look at her in that way that made her melt internally.

But her resolve was crumbling as she felt her face warm up, and she saw the look of admiration on his face, making her feel as if her heart was going to burst out of her chest. She felt like her resolve would crumble, as if all she could do was surrender herself to his admiration.