t h i r t y- t h r e e

The next chapter will be posted when this one gets 100+ votes. Please make sure to comment as well :)

"wreck my plans, that's my man"

|T H I R D  P E R S O N|{UNEDITED}

Welcome to Mumbai.

Arriving at the bustling Mumbai Airport, Maxwell and Delilah were greeted by a cacophony of horns, the aroma of street food, and a sea of people rushing in every direction. Maxwell quickly held her hand as they navigated through the crowded streets, making their way to the taxi and driver already waiting for them.

As the sun began its descent, casting a warm glow over the bustling streets of Mumbai. Maxwell and Delilah settled comfortably in the backseat of the taxi, their excitement palpable. Delilah had visited India a few times but never gotten the chance to visit Mumbai. She almost forgot about Maxwell sitting right next to her but as he squeezed her hand gently, she saw him staring at her with a look in her eyes that she could not decipher.

"What is it?" her voice came out as a soft whisper as he kept looking at her, not even blinking.

"I am just admiring the view," he spoke, his hand reaching out to pat the baby hair on the top of her head.

"You can admire the view from your side of the window as well," her heart was in her throat as she spoke those words, knowing damn well he wasn't talking about the view outside the window.

"I can't find a view like this anywhere else, Delilah."  it was as if he was in a trance, his mind wasn't registering anything he was saying, the words directly coming from his heart.

Delilah's face flushed a deep red color as she registered the words he just spoke. She couldn't help but look the other way, her eyes shutting down as she squealed in her head because of how sweet he was being.

The rhythmic honking matched with the rhythmic beating of their hearts and the cacophony of street sounds filled their ears as Delilah peered out of the window, taking in the view while Maxwell looked at her, taking in his favorite view. 

 The taxi driver, a friendly middle-aged man named Ravi, navigated the busy streets with ease, weaving through the sea of vehicles. As the drive progressed, Ravi found out that Delilah could speak Hindi and since then, he didn't stop talking-he spoke about everything, from his family to how he started his career as a taxi driver. He spoke of many funny moments about his wife and daughter, the love he had for them could be felt by his tone and Delilah wondered if any man would ever talk about her like that ever.

Maxwell sat there confused most of the time, but he was content with Delilah smiling and laughing. Sometimes Delilah did try to translate sentences for him but he was so lost in looking at her that he couldn't even pay attention to what she is saying.

As the taxi ride came to an end, Maxwell and Delilah thanked Ravi for his cheerful company throughout their journey. Stepping out of the taxi, they took one last look at the city's skyline, the lights flickering like a constellation of dreams.

Ravi came and opened the door for them, helping Maxwell's bodyguards to take the luggage to the Taj hotel as Delilah kept looking around at the marvelous scenery that was presented infront of her.

Maxwell once again held her hand and dragged her inside the hotel, because with the way she kept looking at the views around her, it seemed like she would never want to go inside the hotel.

After a while, they arrived in their suite for the night. Maxwell looked around and saw that there were 2 beds in the room. 

What the fuck? I told these fuckers to book the room with a single bed, Maxwell thought, cursing his assistant in his head.