t h i r t y - s e v e n

Make sure to vote and comment please<33

"I felt more when we played pretend, than with all the Kens."

|D E L I L A H   K N I G H T|{UNEDITED}

What was supposed to be a peaceful night drive back to our hotel from the ball had turned into another life threatening  event for both Maxwell and I.

Our car swerved and almost crashed into a huge truck in the crowded streets of Mumbai. It felt like it was no accident, though. The near-miss was so close that it was hard to believe it wasn't planned. It raised suspicions and made me wonder if there was more to the incident than just luck. 

Despite our heavy intoxication, my memory of the previous night's events was hazy, leaving me with little recollection of the accident. According to the local authorities, my husband was reportedly conscious and alert until the police arrived at the scene, which cast a new light on the situation.

 As the details emerged, I was left with mixed emotions and a nagging sense of uncertainty about what had really occurred. The alcohol-induced amnesia only added to the confusion, leaving me with more questions than answers.

It had been over 14 hours since the accident, and my Maxwell remained unconscious and unresponsive. The doctors had informed me that he had suffered severe injuries to his head and lower body, leaving me with a sense of dread and helplessness. 

The hours ticked by slowly, as I anxiously waited for any signs of consciousness or improvement. Every moment felt like an eternity as I feared the worst.

I sat nervously by his bedside, watching his motionless body and praying for a sign of improvement. The doctor's words echoed in my head, "severe injuries to the head and lower body". The words were like a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard to breathe.

After what felt like eternity, Maxwell's hand moved against mine, He stirred and finally opened his eyes. My heart seemed to calm down after seeing his eyes look up, and when they finally landed on mine, it made my heart skip a beat.

"Hi," I whispered, my voice barely above a murmur. My eyes were soft as I looked at him, taking in every detail of his face.

"Who are you?" His voice was shaky and filled with confusion, as if he had never seen me before. The confusion in his eyes made my stomach churn.

I quickly composed myself and tried to speak as calmly as possible. "I'm your wife," I replied, hoping that the simple answer would jog his memory.

Seeing him awake and responsive, albeit confused, filled me with a mixture of joy and sadness. I wanted to burst out into tears, but I knew I had to stay strong for him. He looked so vulnerable and disoriented, it was hard to believe that just a few hours ago, he had been enjoying with me.

"I don't have a wife?" His tone was firm and certain, as if he was trying to convince himself more than me. He looked at me with an air of disbelief, like I was the one telling lies.

I tried to stay calm, but his words stung like a thousand needles. We had been married for years, and now he doesn't even recognize me? The sheer confusion and denial in his eyes were hard to bear.

"Maxwell," I spoke his name with desperation, my voice cracking slightly. I reached out to touch his face, wanting to make him see me, to remember me.

His eyes remained confused and distant, and he pulled back from my touch. The disbelief and denial in his gaze made my heart ache, but I refused to give up. I knew that deep down, he must remember me, mustn't he?

To my relief, he suddenly broke into a cheeky grin and started laughing.

"I was just playing with you," he said with a chuckle. "Of course I remember you, my dear wife."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I realized he was joking. It was a cruel joke, and I playfully punched him on the arm for his mischievous antics.

 "You jerk," I muttered, a mixture of relief and annoyance in my voice.

"I couldn't resist, your face was priceless when you thought I didn't remember you." he said with a charming smile. He continued to laugh, clearly amused by my reaction.

 "You really had me going there," I said, trying to sound stern. I feigned annoyance a little longer, pretending to be more upset than I was

"Aw, come on," he said, his expression turning coy. "You really thought I could forget my beautiful wife?" He chuckled, clearly enjoying my reaction.

"Shut up," I exclaimed, looking at him, this cheeky bastard. My cheeks reddened at his words, hitting his arm again playfully as he yelped and sat up on the hospital bed.

"Come here baby," He opens up his arms for me, and I don't waste a second to hug him ever so tightly, not even trying to hide my desperation to be near him.

"I was so fucking worried, you were asleep for so long." I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly against me. The feeling of his body in my arms sent waves of relief and affection through me. I buried my face in his chest, savoring the warmth and solidity of him.

"Really? How long was I out for?" He continued to hold me close, his hand rubbing soothing circles on my back. His voice was soft and comforting as he spoke.

"Almost 20 hours," My voice cracked as I whispered to him, the emotions of the day finally catching up with me.

"Delilah" He says softly lifting my face up to make me look at him, his expression was a mix of seriousness and affection as he held my gaze for a few moments.

"The car accident was planned."

HIII LOVES<33 THANK U FOR READING<33

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL :)))

Gentle reminder to keep reading, posting and educating yourself and others around you about the genocide happening in Rafah. All eyes on Rafah.

Thank you for 969k+ reads<33

please make sure to vote and comment on this chapter and the previous one<3

Until next time,

Alishba♡