Prologue

"This way. If we continue this way, we'll be able to get to the main branch." Two men ran through vacant and almost uncomfortably sterile halls of a building that was built underground. It resembled more of a maze with more doors than rooms that need to be locked than a normal building.

As much as the design and architecture of the place sucked for the workers, it had its reasons for being that way. The kind of things that happened in this facility is one of the top secrets of Ninjago. Whatever disease or even an infected animal may be inside the facility, it was designed to be strictly kept contained, in case the worst possible scenario came forth.

The alarms were going off and lights were flickering on and off, leading the men to believe whatever was causing problems, had affected the main power distribution lines.

"Damn it, I feel like I'm going to have a fucking seizure in here." The first man commented as he tried to make out what was in front of him.

"Quit cursing and help with this door." The other one spits out as he attempted to use the control panel next to the electronic doors, but it seems like it no longer worked properly. None of the buttons or the card scanner were responding.

The first man came to his aid and pushed the man to the side. Like in a practiced fashion, he unscrewed the panel to access the inside, he fiddled around a bit more to find a place to insert a key into. Once he found it, he pulled out a key from his pocket and shoved it into the hole, and turned. The door came alive and opened for both of the men to pass.

"Brilliant! Are you a maintenance man or something?" The second guy inquired as they scurried off to continue their little mission.

"I'm the head of the maintenance team, so yeah I am. People with a high rank are allowed to have keys like mine." The maintenance guy replied as they turned a corner. They knew they were getting closer to the issue, as they heard some unusual sounds growing louder.

"Judging by your clothing and badge, are you perhaps a scientist?" He asked. The second man nodded.

"Yes, but this is only my first month working in this institution. So if you were going to ask me what was going on, I know as much as you." He replied.

"I figured, but do you have at least an idea what could be going on?"

"I have few scenarios, but all of them have details that don't make sense." They came to another door that wasn't budging. The maintenance man went right to work as the scientist started explaining.

"The first scenario is that all of this is simply an interference with the power system, perhaps someone was repairing some pipes and accidentally cut an important wire or the fuel to the generator is running out."

"The latter one sounds plausible."

"But it's unlikely. The latest delivery of generator fuel was last week, so that can't be it." The scientist explained. The maintenance guy finally got the door to open and their journey to the main branch continued.

"So then what else could be the issue?"

"The facility is being infiltrated, they could have cut the power to cause panic and shut workers in other parts of the building, like what happened to us." They came across a staircase and started jogging up the stairs at a steady speed. The voices were now louder, and the two stopped for a second to hear what the noises exactly were.

Now they identified the noises as screams of terror, struggling, and havoc. Muffled sounds of desks being flipped over and glass shattering. The two could feel sweat beginning to run down their foreheads and back.