Chapter 2

It had been three weeks since Lloyd had the agreement with detective Hatcher. The next time they met, they discussed how Lloyd could catch the thief, possibly right in the act and if they played their cards right, restrain them.

It was finally proven to Lloyd why Hatcher had had such a hard time when even after three weeks he still hadn't even gotten a single glance of the Limb-thief. The closest he has gotten to finding them out was when he was around 2 minutes late on one scene.

The victim laid on the cold concrete floor in an alley and their arm was bleeding heavily, indicating that the arm had been ripped off just moments ago. The sight made Lloyd finally lose his cool and he threw up his guts into the closest dumpster. He had lost his appetite for the rest of the day too.

After calming down, he informed the police of his findings, but the uncomfortable weight got even more prominent as this time he was so close but so far.

This same game of cat and mouse continued another two weeks, and Lloyd was pretty sure he was causing more than a few people to grow suspicious of his actions. Mainly Nya, Zane or Wu. But the whole team had noticed he was spending more nights out than before and interacting with the PD more than usual. They also took note of how sad he seemed every time he came back home from wherever he had been.

When he was questioned about his behavior, all he was able to say was that he had run into some serious scenes and that was making him a bit uneasy and tired and that he didn't want to talk about it.

He couldn't tell everything about what he was doing because Hatcher's request made sense. But he also couldn't stay too vague because that would also cause unnecessary suspicion, so it was now about Lloyds word-play skill of how he can reassure his friends and family enough without revealing too much info.

There was also a growing feeling that the thief is on some level of awareness of his presence. Which was something he was trying to avoid, but it couldn't be helped now...

Lloyd leaned against his motorcycle as he looked over a map on his phone. The map had red dots on locations where the thief had harvested people's limbs for the past three weeks. It gave Lloyd the general idea where in the Ninjago city the thief currently moved about and possibly where they would head next.

Currently, he had his eyes on a certain area on the map. This neighborhood had a reputation of housing some questionable people, que why the buildings and rental place costs were as low as mud on the ground. It was a shady area with little police surveillance. It was a perfect place to commit a crime and not get caught.

Making his mind, Lloyd pocketed his phone and jumped on his vehicle to make his way over to the location. Determined to finally put an end to his game, and perhaps save a person from themselves.

Lloyd stopped a few blocks away from the neighborhood to park his bike. From there, he was on foot. Climbing a drainpipe on the side of a building to the roof and there he began hopping from building to building ninja style.

Quiet and invisible.

He moved fast like the wind and as gracefully as a lightweight cat. With insane and practiced precision, he was able to squeeze through the tightest crevices between buildings and even run on top of a power or a clothing line without losing any speed.

Every once in a while he would stop and survey the area for anyone or anything that would catch his or perhaps the thief's attention. Lloyd found a group of guys leaning against buildings drinking beer and laughing. He found several people walking down the unkempt streets with their hoods up and walking as though they were hiding something. And of course, he found some people who just wanted to enjoy the fresh night air, though some seemed to walk around more wary than others.