Chapter 4

"You really don't know when to quit, do you?" The person spoke.

'Huh?...' Lloyd thought as he stayed rooted to his spot. Lloyd found himself lost after that simple sentence.

"Do we know each other?" Lloyd asked. Still trying to make sense of what the person in front of him looked like. At that moment, Lloyd talked to a black silhouette from his perspective.

"Are you blind or just plain dumb?" The figure threw at him nonchalantly. Rummaging through their pocket, they produced a smoke and a lighter, followed by flicking, and soon the smoke was lit. The person glances at him, teasingly blowing smoke out.

"I mean, I thought cops and detectives would immediately apprehend their suspect once they see 'em."

Now Lloyd knew who he was talking to. "You're the Limb-Thief."

"Very good! What, wanna gold star or something?" They continued to tease. It did hit his pride a tiny bit when he was talked to as a kid, but he ignored the thief's jabs. He couldn't lose his temper now that he's once again this close, and what kind of ninja would he be if he lost his temper that easily?

"You're very playful for someone who steals human parts twice a week." Lloyd began the conversation.

"You sound like you're trying to be clever." They bit back.

"Don't you feel remorse? Or anything because of what you're doing?"

"It doesn't matter what I answer because you wouldn't take it either way."

"Why are you doing this?"

"For the reason all criminals do shit they're not supposed to do."

"Why are you avoiding answering simple questions?" Lloyd was steadily growing irritated.

"I hit it right out of the park, you really don't know when to stop." The thief cut off the, admittedly, ridiculous interrogation.

"Because we never do. There's a saying among my team. "A Ninja never quits", so you best believe I won't stop until you're safely put away and unable to harm anyone."

"How come you're so certain that I won't be able to harm anyone in prison when you don't even know who or what I exactly am?" They rose to their feet. The lit cigarette still dangling in between their fingers in a careless manner. I clenched my fists and bit my lip.

"The Kryptarium Prison holds Ninjago's worst-of-the-worst criminals. The probability of any prisoner escaping is extremely low, so the probability of a shapeshifter like yourself escaping is just as low because you would be put inside a special holding cell."

Laughter ensued. There was no malice, there was no alleged evil tone in the laugh that sounded in the air. It was genuine amusingness. It took Lloyd by surprise a bit, but he still didn't drop his guard. 'What's up with them?..." He thought.

"What's so funny?" He questioned, and the person calmed down from their laughing fit. They chuckled with a grin on their face as they took a drag of their cigarette. Letting the smoke out as they spoke.

"Nothing, nothing~. It just sounded so funny that there would be a cell that'd be able to hold me. What is the cell going to be like I wonder. Made of meter thick steel? Am I going to be tied up and suspended from the roof? Are there going to be guns pointed to me, ready to fire if I move even a hair on my body?" They listed off one thing after another.

"Oh! Now I know, they will have a laser cage made for me, so even my gentle attempted grace against them would burn me." They let out more laughs as they brought the smoke to their lips.