Chapter 7

8.45 AM

When Lloyd woke up in his own room and not the hallway floor where he thought he had fallen asleep, he didn't even wonder how he ended up in his bed, but instead of what had transpired just hours prior. He finally moved forward. Though his original goal had changed, he was still one step closer to it. He had even learned the thief's name...

"(Name)"

"What?..." Lloyd asked, lost.

"That's what I go by. Since we're going to be working alongside one another, figured we should be able to address each other properly." The thie- (Name) turned to him, as they shrugged on their sleeveless jacket. "What's your name?"

"Lloyd. Lloyd Garmadon." He replied.

"Lloyd... Garmadon..." (Name) tried the name on their tongue. "I'm pretty sure I've heard that last name somewhere."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you have." Lloyd brushed off the comment, not wanting to talk about his father to a criminal.

Lloyd rubbed his messy bedhead and glanced at the clock on his nightstand. 8.47 AM. Yikes... Well, then again he was out most of the night, Surely Wu and his mother would understand. He got up to take a shower and grab a light breakfast.

"I wonder what the thief is up to now..." Lloyd thought to himself.

As far as he knew, the thief was on the move only at night, and even then he didn't know exactly what they were doing aside from harvesting limbs, he was curious what they were up to during the day. Perhaps other shady business with underground criminals just like last night or blended in amongst the population as a normal citizen.

His curiosity got the better of him, and he swiped his phone off the table and opened the tracker app. He pressed in the bracelet's serial number that he wanted to be located and then as simple as that, a dot appeared. The thief wasn't moving, and they were either on top of a building or inside it, he couldn't tell. Perhaps they work there? Live there? He wasn't too familiar with the area the map showed him, let alone the small businesses it had.

"What are you doing right now?..."

~~~~

9.20 AM

You growled in pain as a single tear had made itself known. You bit down on a wrench wrapped in cloth as you kept on adding more pressure on the clamp. Your hand cracked under the pressure you were applying as you simultaneously pulled the broken hand back.

You were attempting to get the Green ninja's stupid bracelet off. One clamp held the bracelet in place and another crushed your hand. You had to do it this way, for if you just crushed the bones of your hand with a blunt object, they would just regenerate in seconds.

You still couldn't get it to fit through the diameter of the metal-tracker-bracelet-thing, so you pulled on the clamp lever to further crush your hand. Another tear slipped from your eye. You ignored the pain to the best of your ability and tried to pull again. Your hand did not budge. You tried to slowly wiggle your hand to the point of almost skinning yourself, but no. The bracelet was skin tight.

In a last-ditch effort, you figured it didn't because of the clamp's tight hold, so with a deep breath, you released your hold on the clamp and quickly pulled your hand. Instead of releasing your hand from the bracelet, the first clamp released its hold on the bracelet, and you fell on your ass from the surprise.

"FUCK!!!" You shouted in frustration. You fiddled with the bracelet even if you knew your hand had regenerated itself.

"No luck?" A Voice called from the next room. You sighed.