Chapter 12

"Fucking hell... I'm entitled to at least three smokes after this." (Name) spit out the now ruined smoke and bellowed into the air.

"Mind showing yourself?! I'd like to see the person I'm talking to!"

"You're quicker than I gave you credit for." Said a voice around the corner as they stepped under the light of the street lamp. 

The assailant wore dark themed clothing that blended well in the dark atmosphere of Ninjago City night all the while a mask sat on their face, covering everything except one eye by which they looked down upon Lloyd and (Name). 

(Name) quickly glanced around if they could spot the gun men that had made it rain earlier but none were to be seen nor could they be smelled. Still, (Name) knew for certain that they were there since (Name) could faintly hear them breathing.

'Something's not right...' 

Everything and everyone emit odors which can't be completely eliminated. So to have a plethora of people so close yet not being able to sense them screamed that this ambush was planned. Specifically (Name) in mind. 

Which can only mean one thing...

"So you know who and what I am." (Name) retreated their tentacles from around Lloyd and themselves but didn't hide them. As fast as they were, they couldn't take chances. "Sounds like you're working for someone I want gone."

"Oh trust me, the feeling's mutual." The figure stepped closer, not caring about the bullets getting caught under their soles. "You are quite a disappointment to them, so I have no choice but to deal with you. Can't have my masters plans be soiled now can I?" They laughed as they leaned their head on their arm.

"I've been gone and laying low for years, why is she only now concerned about me?" (Name) inquired, qurious why suddenly the organization wanted them dead when they knew for certain they had the power and resources to do it earlier. Especially when (Name) had been young and inexperienced about the world.

'Did it have something to do with Lloyds intervention?'

"You need not worry about such issues. I'm just here to kill you." They said pulling out a gun, alarming Lloyd but before Lloyd could give them a piece of his mind, (Name) caught him off.

"How kind of them to offer me a service I desperately seek." (Name) said nonchalantly while Lloyd threw them a bewildered look as though all the earlier talking was all for naught.

"But I'll have to reject the offer for the time being. My need for revenge has suddenly surpassed my need for peace." (Name) raised their tentacles, pointing them threateningly at Mr. or Mrs. Nameless. Even (Name)s second mouth appeared instinctually, wanting a piece of the talking meat bag. The figure let out one laugh before responding.

"I'm afraid the offer is non-negotiable." Then they raised their arm and Lloyd and (Name) bounced. The moment the gun fired, more bullets appeared from the shadows. (Name) provided cover for Lloyd while he released his elemental energy upon their assailants in the apartment buildings and alleyways. Once the snipers had been knocked unconsious, warriors with handheld weapons appeared and the fight ensued.

(Name) and Lloyd fought back to back, covering each others' blind spots as they went but even though the two were holding up, the odds were stacked against them. There were too many enemies to fight off and what's worse is that they knew what they were doing. When ever (Name) went to swipe at a bunch of the attackers with their tentacle, the enemies knew to dodge rather than try to deflect or take the blow, knowing they couldn't cut the member in pieces.

'They're definitely working for Her...' (Name) thought as they were getting angry, and for the first time in a while... scared.

"Fuck off!!!" (Name) shouted as they managed to grab two of your opponents and flung them against the wall nearest to them.