Chapter 3

I don't encourage smoking on any level for it's bad for you, but for the sake of the story, just go with it. DON'T SMOKE MY FRIENDS.

Sparks fluttered in and out of existence as the person responsible for them tried to light their cigarette. They held the cigarette in between their lips as one hand kept on trying to make a flame with the old-ass lighter while the other hand shielded the young flame from any wind.

After multiple attempts, a flame finally sparked and you were able to stick the end of your stick into the flame and take a few shallow inhales before shutting the metal lighter and taking a big drag, making a mental note to refill it with lighter fluid later.

As you exhaled, the smoke formed mesmerizing shapes and waves in front of you. Like art. Something far more beautiful and unexplainable than whatever had been painted on the wall in the stranded alleyway you stood in with spray paint. You leaned against the brick wall as you eyed a few. Was that one supposed to spell 'Sick!'? You weren't sure, nor did you really care if the artist did or did not mess up the S. If they didn't... you won't comment on it further.

Many thought of clouds in the sky as beautiful and artistic, the shapes always presenting something. As you looked up at the sky from in between the two buildings, you saw a cloud pass by in the early morning sky. It looked like a cow to you. Overall a docile animal, many times associated with peace if you remember correctly.

As you brought your gaze down to the smoke in your hand, it symbolized something very different. Death. Specifically to you, it symbolized death and the relief of what it would bring you.

You had your doubt if this so dubbed: 'Cancer Stick' could really kill you. Almost everything deadly for a human would only cause you the same amount of unnecessary pain without being able to die. It would have to be a magic trick if this deadly habit worked, but you had placed your bets.

You looked at the time on your watch. It was cracked, sure, but it still showed you the current time with a 58-second delay. It was 4.43 AM. It was almost time. Or at least the time you predicted when it would happen.

You lazily took another drag from your smoke, savoring the feeling of the smoke inside before letting it out. Suddenly, a gunshot echoed around the area you were in. If you were just a normal civilian, you would've been scared and maybe popped the classic: "What was that!?". But you being you, not so much.

"That was a bit earlier than I expected."

You dropped the finished smoke on the ground and stumped it out before making your way to the origin of the noise. Turning a few corners and jumping over dumbed pieces of planks, you found what you had been waiting for.

A young adult male lying on the ground, holding what most likely was a stolen gun, and sporting a big hole in his head. You felt bad for him, you really did, but this case was out of your control and ability to help.

You swiped all your previous thoughts under the rug and got right into work. Raising your dominant foot, you struck it forcefully down onto the male's shoulder. You repeated this action until you could move the arm freely in its socket. With a good pull, the skin and shoulder muscles started to tear apart. It only took a second tug before the arm was completely off.

"Hmm, dinner..." You said unenthusiastically. You made haste in stuffing the arm in your bag and taking your leave. Wouldn't want anyone to see you doing something this shady. Especially the Green ninja.

~~~~

Two individuals sat on the overfilled table in Detective Hatcher's office. The detective himself leaned back against the backrest of his chair while balancing himself on two of the four chair legs out of boredom. The green ninja sat on the opposite side of the table. His head laid on one pile of documents as he, just as bored, traced his finger up and down the corners of the other pile of papers in front of him.