Chapter 1

"There have been two confirmed cases of attempted mischief, one case of a robbery, three cases of vandalism, and lastly one case of disorderly conduct, all from just last night." The police chief of the Ninjago city police department read off the report as the ninja, the so dubbed protectors of Ninjago, stood in front of the chief in his office.

Half of the group was tired to the bone courtesy of the citizens who decided to defy the law last night, while the other half looked fresh and high-spirited, ready to be of service to the city if needed.

It has been relatively calm for some time now in Ninjago. No androids or automated vehicles going haywire. No evil ghosts or spirits roaming around trying to destroy the city. Just some petty crimes or occasional hostage situations, but other than that, nothing too "unnatural" happened.

"And thanks to all of you, Ninjago can be a safer place once again." He gestured to the half of the group who worked the night.

"It was no problem, we are always happy to help," Nya said in appreciation of the Chiefs' kind words.

"You're too generous." He said. "Feel free to do as you wish, we haven't gotten any new reports, so there isn't much for you to do."

"Thank you, contact us if anything serious comes up."

"Will do." The chief nodded and bid goodbye to the ninja as he returned to building yet another one of his miniature boats.

"Do you have any plans?" Kai asked the group as they were walking through the familiar halls of PD.

"I don't know about you, but I'm off to bed. Last night was absolutely insane." Jay whined as he rubbed the dark circles forming under his eyes. Cole nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm dead tired, I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep standing-" Cole cut off his sentence as he bumped into someone coming from just behind a corner. Some documents the person was carrying fluttered to the ground and they immediately started to apologize.

"Sorry, didn't see ya there." Lloyd looked at the person, he noticed this man looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. As he wondered a bit more, he actually recognized him.

"Detective Deo Hatcher?" Lloyd questioned as Zane bent down to gather the papers the detective had dropped. The detective shook his head off any urge to just lay on the floor and pass out, he nodded to Loyd.

"Yeah, I am. Oh, we have met before, haven't we?" He further questioned as he now had all his documents in one pile again. Now it was Lloyd's time to nod.

"We met during the brake-in investigation," Lloyd recalled the exact date. It was back when a four-person group had managed to break into many high-end stores in Ninjago and Hatcher had been assigned to solve it. Once Hatcher figured out that the criminals had been using the sewer system, the ninja helped him to bust their asses right on the act.

That day was especially fun for the water ninja.

"You're right." Hatcher pondered for a bit when something came into his mind. "That actually reminds me, Lloyd, you seem to have forgotten to sign the report you ninjas submitted that day."

"Have I? I must've been spaced out when I gave it to you." Lloyd scratched his head sheepishly. 'I should probably also get more rest just like the others.'

"You know where to find us," Nya patted his shoulder and started heading out, quickly followed by the others as they sent their respective 'byes' to him.

"Take your time Lloyd!" Jay called as he slipped in front of the group. Lloyd sighed as they always ditch him when it comes to any paperwork.

"I still have the document in my office, it will only take a minute to sign and I can send it forward."