Chapter 6

"Ohhhhh myyyyyy~!!!" The Boss giggled like a high school girl. "Thirst for revenge! Desire to make the cunt pay for messing with the wrong guy! I like it!" He dragged out the 'I' in the last sentence.

'Revenge.'

'They were after revenge.' Lloyd thought.

"All I know about their whereabouts is that they are working with the Silver Tooth one way or another. So I'm hoping you will be able to push me in the right direction."

"My, my. Now, what makes you think that I would spill anything to an outsider, much less about one of our members or people working with us." The boss' tone dropped a notch. "Losing one of our, possibly important, members could hinder the business." He looked at the thief intimidatingly, but they didn't crack, not even a little. They were cool as ice and relaxed as a house cat. Even as they spoke, they didn't feel even slightly threatened.

"Because everything has its price." The thief pulled down their pocket's zipper and reached inside it. "With a reasonable price, the deal is fair and worthwhile for both parties." They pulled out a stack of cash bound together with a rubber band and smashed it to the table. Lloyd couldn't tell how much money it was but it had to be way more than a couple thousand in Ninjagos currency. Perhaps tens of thousands.

"Would this be enough to earn your service?" The thief inquired. The boss picked up the cash and skimmed through it. He nodded to himself and then smiled.

"You really are something else, Cat."

'Cat?'

"Cat?"

"It just means I think of you as someone cool. Don't question my nickname choices." He said dismissively to the thief and gave the money to one of the bouncer-looking guys standing behind him.

"We have a deal. Lucky for you, I have a friend in the Silver Tooth who I work with quite closely. He's the stud you wanna seek out if you wanna..."

"Hey! What business do you have here?"

Lloyds attention was ripped from the conversation on the other side to a group of thugs behind him, who seemed to be the boss' underlings if anything.

'Crap...' Lloyd thought. 'Quick, think of something!'

"Oh, I'm just-"

"Hey, that's the Green ninja!" One of the guys called out pointing at him.

"The Green ninja?" Some other woman questioned as they all stared at him and his green attire, some pulling out switchblades and cracking their knuckles.

'Double crap!'

"Uhh, it was nice to meet, see ya!" Lloyd avoided a punch that came his way and burst into the room with the boss and the thief still inside. They were already standing in alert from the earlier commotion, but now that they saw that it was him, they grew hostile in a blink of an eye.

"Well, well, well~, it appears, the Green ninja has blessed us with his presence." The boss spoke in an awfully sweet tone. "But as much as I hate to make big deals out of things, I'm afraid I can't let you leave unscathed, hero~" The bodyguards behind the boss pulled out their pistols, that was Lloyds last cue to finally get the heck out of there before he sported a brand new hole on his body.

Gunshots ensued inside to basement, leading to all hell to break loose. Lloyd ducked behind a pillar as bullets shot through the air and collided with either the wall in front of him or the cement pillar he leaned against.

"Talk to you later." Certain voice faintly sounded through the sea of gunshots. Lloyd detached his head from the pillar and peeked from behind it enough to see the thief throw a piece of paper at the boss and break one of the windows to get out.