Chapter 9

Your Pov:

"How much info are you willing to provide for me for 800?" You inquired Song after both retreated back to their seats.

"800!!!!?" Lloyd whispered flabergasted behind you but the boss didn't seem to hear it.

"For that amount, I can lend you one of my workers to search through all the female members for your target, but since this request is much riskier as we can get caught you might have to provide another service to the worker doing the searching for them to be willing to work with you."

"A Service specifically?"

"They already have money to waste, so if you really want them to do what you're about to ask of them, a favor is the only way to go since your blackmail on me won't extend to them."

"I already figured as much." You started to dig around your pocket and produced the 800 you talked about. "Anyhow, that shouldn't be an issue. I know I'm asking more than you should give me so it's only right I give the rightful compensation." You placed the money down and Song's bodyguard took it.

"Your generosity is appreciated, Cat." Suddenly Song's wristwatch beeped which he took note of. Song clapped his hands together.

"Seems like our time is now up. As much as I would like to stay here and chat more. I have other business attend to." He then snapped his fingers twice and the curtains around the booth started to retract. "I'll get everything needed sort out and you can expect a message from me in a couple of days." He said while smiling, but you knew he was most likely fuming inside. You didn't blame him, you were messing with his literal life. "It will be discreet, but you'll know where to go."

"About that, my phone can't be used after today, so would you be kind enough to use this instead." You pulled out a self-made contraption from your jacket pocket and placed it on the table. Song looked at the device on his coffee table like a pile of fire hazard trash and made no move to even approach it. You could admit it yourself, it looked like a pipe bomb crossed with a grenade but its use was not for exploding.

"And may I ask what this... thing is?"

"It is something I have made myself for purposes like this. It's not a pipe bomb as much as it looks like one, think of it rather as a portable mailbox." You explained and even Lloyd seemed dumbfounded by what came out of your mouth.

"Basically, put in whatever you want me to have, take it outside to a place you see fit, pull out the pin and leave. By doing so, I will be able to find it and receive your message." You finished your explanation, deciding against explaining to Song how it exactly worked. By pulling the pin, it starts producing soundwaves with a frequency greater than 20 000 Hz, which can only be heard by animals such as bats and no human. Once you hear the sound wave, you can track it and find your mail, simple. Song still looked suspicious.

"It's not going to explode in your face, the battery is so small even a child could handle it." Song finally shook his head but complied with your request.

Again, instead of taking what you give him himself, one of his bodyguards took the device and Song waved his hand lazily.

"It was a pleasure to do business with you, Cat. Now hurry up and leave my sight, I'm already late for my next meeting because of you."

"Likewise, Come on blondie, Let's go." You stood up and started to make your way back the way you originally came while dragging Lloyd behind you, not wanting to repeat the same mistake you did in the beginning. You two walked down the stairs and through the sea of trashed people and only when the bouncer closed the doors behind you did you let go of Lloyd.