92

HEN'S PARTY

_____________

Mad-Eye Moody was dead.

Those bastards attacked him thinking he would be the one guarding Harry. We were betrayed. I can't say the Auror's death meant something to me, because, obviously, it didn't, but the emotional rollercoaster felt on the house was enough to have my nerves on edge.

It didn't matter anymore, the mission was done and Harry was safe.

Once we finally cleaned George's wound, he recovered pretty quickly, in fact, he was completely normal a few hours later as if he hadn't lost an ear at all - except for the obvious jokes that he was starting to make. As soon as Liv and Pauline knew about George's accident, they appeared outside the Burrow, and soon, we five were sitting in the living room with the warm fire in the chimney covering us and chatting in a low voice.

"Bloody hell, George!" Liv giggled after the ginger made another joke about his lack of ear, making us giggle. She was incredibly worried about him when she arrived, especially because I knew that they had become a huge support for each other and really valued their friendship and bond.

I laid on the floor with my head on Liv's lap and Pauline playing with the rings on my fingers as I kept listening to their conversation;

"Why are you so silent, babe?" Lin asked me, a bit puzzled. I couldn't help but sigh.

"I feel bad for George's wound—" they were about to interrupt me saying that it wasn't my fault so I quickly cut them off, "I know that technically it wasn't my fault but...I still can't believe that Severus was about to curse me. And what's worse, he was going to curse me with our family curse."

Fred looked at me with a bit of pity in his eyes;

"Do you think he really wanted to kill you?"

I meditated his words before replying; "Probably. He knows that the Sectumsempra can be deathly and, if he had hit me, I wouldn't have been able to put on the counter-spell in the air nor arrive at the Burrow without bleeding out. George was lucky he got hit in his ear, otherwise..."

"I can't believe he actually dared to do this," Liv shook her head with a clear expression of despise on her face. "I mean, you know Severus has never been my cup of tea but I genuinely thought he cared a little bit about you."

"That man fooled all of us," Pauline added, pursing her lips with disdain.

✵ ✵ ✵

The next couple of days, we focused on having things ready for the wedding. Fleur was incredibly nervous but with our support and her family's — who had arrived from France a day ago — she was being way more comfortable.

The night before the great day, we girls decided to gather together in Bill and Fleur's room to give the bride a proper little hen party. Kicking out the boys and enchanting the room so no one could hear what was happening inside, we painted our nails, did our hair, chatted, got a bit hammered and high, and ended up dancing in the middle of the room.

It turned out Fleur's cousins and friends weren't as posh and fancy as I thought them to be at first, actually, her cousin Coraline — quite tall, beautiful curves, strawberry blonde hair, brown eyes and east-Asian features mixed with that French aristocratic look — called my attention and if I hadn't been so in love with Fred, I wouldn't have minded having a bit of time alone with her.

"So, Fleur," one of her cousins started to then give a sip to her beer with a mischievous smirk. We had decided to play a drinking game where we had to answer burning questions or drink a beer down in just one sip, and now it was the bride's turn. "How's Bill in bed?"