Chapter Thirteen: Bow before me or burn alive.

ZEMIRA'S POV

I stared at it's lifeless eyes as I daggered its heart multiple times . There was disgusting slime all over me but I didn't care, victory was the only thing I cared about . I had killed so many disgusting reptiles that I lost count. It had been days since the war started . Max wasn't kidding when he said time moved fast here. I have lost hope of winning the war but it won't stop me from trying . After several hours of killing and killing we finally got them . All of them were scattered around and lifeless . we all cheered until The King , Max , my fucking brother walked towards us , more like was carried by one of the ugliest most disgusting creature I've ever seen . It must've been their king . The reptiles we killed all rose up as he walked past them except those that had their heart taken out or their heads slaughtered . Nice tip for next time . "You are all fools for celebrating your victory without making sure your king is safe . I am going to finish him off infront of all of you to teach you a lesson. " no I don't believe him Max is the most powerful king I know , okay so he's the only king I know but regardless he is still powerful. I immediately regretted those arrogant and ignorant words of mine as he slaughtered my brother from ear to ear . My tears fell as his blood gushed out . I screamed so hard I felt my lungs through my throat . I don't know if it was the pain or the anger but I felt a fire inside me . I felt like a phoenix rising from the ashes . I opened my eyes and all I could see was flames. I don't know if it was my powers talking or if it was a voice that I had shut out for so long . " You dare kill my brother and expect respect from us ? You killed our king and you expect us to bow down to you? Well you are surely in for a surprise because I AM ARES , THE GODDESS OF WAR and I will burn you alive ." I said rising up from the ground . "your little powers don't scare me I'm immune to fire sweetheart now shut up and let the grown ups talk ." he said and I was in pure rage . "Such a boring comeback don't you think? whoever told you I specialised in fire is severely stupid and idiotic . I am the goddess of war and i will bow to no man . In my right hand I hold destruction and in my left I hold power . " I said and he laughed . " you will never win because you fight for love not for victory or power ." he said and now I will shutter him to pieces " Love makes me stronger because I have something tangable to fight for or in your case die for . " I said as I headed towards him. I held out my hands and focused all my power to them . To my surprise both fire and lightning came shooting out from my hands and I found myself smiling as I watched him wither into dust along with his reptiles and that was only the beginning for I was filled with pure rage . "From now on I AM YOUR QUEEN !" I said still floating in the air "what gives you the right to be Queen ?" one of the soldiers asked . "I AM QUEEN BY BLOOD . I will face every threat to my reign with daggers in hand and any who get in my way shall fall ." I said and everyone started bowing down to me . I smiled from ear to ear for I loved the feeling of power. "I will give you all some time to rest after we bury our King . We have experienced a great loss today and I hope for your sake that it will not happen again . " I said as I walked towards the palace holding my heavy and lifeless brother who I had only met for a few weeks .

************************************************************************

It's been a month since my brother passed away and I think I have recovered or maybe not , either way as Queen I can't afford to be off dutty for too long so I have no room to mourn. I am also getting married today . Yes I am aware how bizzare that is but this is one of the down sides of being queen . Everything is done for you . Literally everything including bathing which I am not happy about . Anthony was away on business and he also wanted to get the rest of his pack to enlarge our soldiers . I miss him so much . I only get to see him at the altar because they say it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding which we both don't believe but the people do so I have no choice . I am pulled from my thoughts when I hear the door creek . "hey girl you look beautiful . GUESS WHAT ! " Asked Tiffany ."first of all thank you I really appreciate it and secondly, what?" I asked because I could see the excitement on her face and my face immediately lit up when I saw her hand . " he proposed ? I didn't even know you guys were dating . well i assumed but you never told me . I am so happy for you babes ." i say hugging her . " yes he proposed . I didn't tell you because I didn't want the friend group to be awkward if we broke up . I wanted to be sure that he was the one and he is . enough about me how do you feel?" she asked curiously " well I feel a lot of pressure. Don't get me wrong I love Anthony very much no question about it but I just get the feeling that it's all too quick . I do want to get married but I just wish I had been involved in the planning of the wedding . I had to use the authority I don't have yet to make sure they use the wedding dress I want . I love the power I have now but I feel smothered . I can't do anything for myself ." I said feeling tears run down my cheeks . " oh baby , I would be lying if I said I know how you feel but it's normal to feel nervous or smothered . they are just trying to help you because they know you have a lot on your plate. I'm sure if you let them know when they are overstepping then they will stop . Okay let's dance to your favourite song 'looking at me by Sabrina carpenter' while I help you clean up your tears . " said Tiffany as she stood up to play the song . It was indeed helpful because I got a chance to forget my problems well almost .