Chapter 24

"Valentina!" My little sister yells as I leave the room, still barely conscious with my eyes nearly closed

"I've missed you." I said to her. She ran over to me and pressed into my kness, making me grin. I kneel to her and put my arms around her, cuddling up.

It was certainly our longest separation, I missed her so much. I don't even want to imagine what my adult life will be like when I move away from my parents.

And it will happen in a very short time. My thoughts don't even want to imagine this situation.

I gently rub her back and Luisa hugs me even more. When I conclude that it's enough, I try to push her away gently, which unfortunately is quite difficult. She's very attached to me.

"Luisa, I can't breathe." I told her and she slowly broke away from me. A devilish smile appeared on her beauteous face.

"I don't care. I wanna just hold you." My eyes widen at her respond.

"Okay, let's go eat breakfast. You must be hungry." I took her hand in mine and we walked together towards the kitchen.

When I woke up, my mom was no longer in bed. She always got up a lot earlier than me, my dad also. However me and Luisa loved sleep as long as possible.

Today I feel a little better, nevertheless that doesn't mean that I won't walk with my head held high. Because it won't be like that for a long time.

When we finally got there, my mother was in the kitchen. She was preparing some food. I was quite surprised that she does it, because the housekeeper never lets us into the kitchen. She says it's her job to make us tasty food.

When I arrived yesterday evening, I couldn't see her as if she was completely dissolved in the air.

I decided to ask my mother if anything happened. "Where is Maria?" Mom turned her head and looked at me and then her eyes fell on Luisa.

"Unfortunately she had to take the week off, her daughter was sick." Mom said and a sad expression crossed her face.

"It's something serious?" I questioned and headed towards the high chair on which I placed Luisa.

"I don't know the exact details, but she was reportedly in a car accident." I nodded my head, because I didn't want to continue this topic anymore.

Mom approaches the table and puts the ready food on it. More specifically oatmeal with fruit and iced coffee.

I don't eat it often, yet my mother's porridge is simply delicious. Everyone who has ever tried this has agreed that I was right.