Chapter 2: Decision

I woke up, as I was a bit confused as to where I was at, as I almost felt like I was in another strange dream. It was a very weird one at that, as I had never had a dream like that before, where another cat had walked up to me, and begun to speak to me such in that way, that a part of me almost wanted to think that it was real.
I shook my head at the same time too as well how ever, as I knew that none of it was real in fact, and it was all just a dream. I had a lot of scary things happen in my dreams in the past, but I had woken up in the morning, only to see that I was just fine, and nothing had happened to me.
Though I was always alone, besides the time that my friend came to see me, and talk to me, I had to learn all of this stuff by my self. It had all been so scary at first, but I had learned to realize that the dreams were not real at all, and it was just simply a figment of a deep imagination.
I shook my head, as I opened my eyes, and I began to look around the room I was in, as I expected to see my two leg fast asleep, like she usually was this early in the morning. I blinked a few times how ever, as the room was a lot more bright than it usually was, as it made it quite a bit hard for me to see my surroundings.
After the couple of moments had passed as well, I then was able to see in to the room I was in, as I looked at the nest to see that it was empty, I began to freak out a bit, as I was starting to get quite worried as to where she could be at. I knew that she often got up early in the morning to leave the home, but never as early as I typically woke up.
I blinked a few more times again, as I then looked over at the window that was in front of me at the same time too, as I saw that the sun was going up in to the horizon ahead of me. I had woken up a lot later than I usually tended to, as I had begun to notice, that most mornings, the sun was just getting up, and it was still a little bit dark out.
I felt a bit guilty for waking up so late as well, as I usually had my two leg rub up against me, to calm me down in the mornings. She must not have bothered this morning, as she had seen that I was asleep, and she had not wanted to wake me. Or worse... She might have just forgot about me all together.
I blinked a few times, as I turned my head around to the other side of me, and I began to just stare at the wall, as if there was perhaps some thing for me to see there. I was only doing it to try to erase all of the thoughts that seemed to be swarming through my head all at once how ever.
No matter how much I told my self that I did not want to be a kitty pet, and I wanted to go see the world around out side of a two leg place, I sure did seem to rely on this little two leg that I spent most of the days hiding in her room at. I sure was not a cat to really go through with the plans that I had thought of doing.
I let out quite a loud sigh, as I looked over at the bed room door, as I was that it was open, like she usually left it most mornings. When I was younger, she used to leave it closed, so I was not able to leave the room that I was in, as I knew that she used to get a bit worried that I would run out, as I had done it once before.
Now she completely left it open, and her father had also set up a cat door at the same time too, so I could leave the big two leg den when ever I so pleased. I never really went out there how ever, unless it was to go out to the back, and look in to what seemed like and endless world of two leg place all across the horizon.
I knew that it was not how ever, as I had been told that there was a world out there, out side of the very big two leg place, where there were trees and flowers. It sounded quite a bit enticing to me, hearing that, but they also did not fail to remind me that it was also a very dangerous world out there.
I felt like I wanted to at least try it, but I never got my self to do so. I always used the excuse that I could not see the wild, so I was not sure where to start. It at least did its job of relieving the stress in me, as I knew that this two leg place was a lot more safe than it was living out there.
I just did not like knowing that I was owned by two legs, and they were the ones that fed me, with their nasty dry food. I used to be okay with it, til a cat dropped a vole off for me one day. That was the same friend of mine that had tried to convince me to follow him out in to the wild.
I hoped that he was okay, as he had told me that he did not know what it was like to live out there either, and he wanted me to join him in finding out what it was like. I some times wished that I had, as I stared back at the two leg nest that I slept near, in the same room with the young two leg.
I felt like I could not leave her though, even if she did not seem to pay me that much attention, I always loved to rub up against me, though as of late, she seemed to be pushing me off of her, and it kind of hurt me quite a bit as well. I lowered my head to the ground, as I almost wanted to cry, as if I was just a little kit again.
I shook my head, as I knew that I should not be worried about it, as I was sure that she was busy with what ever she was doing on that very bright screen of hers, that she seemed to be spending all of her time on. It hurt me, but I just did my best to shake it all off, and tell my self that things were going to be okay in the end.
Her parents never seemed to give me any sort of care, though they were the ones that often fed me, so I did not care for them all that much, as I cared for her. If she was not going to spend time with me any more, than what was the point in me living here still? Would they even notice if I was to take off running? Would they even go looking for me?
I was not sure if I even wanted to hear the answer to that question, as I felt like it would not be a good answer for me at least. I shivered a little bit, even though the place was fairly warm, as new leaf had just about began to come upon us. I knew that it was still leaf bare, as when I had been on the back side of the two leg place, nothing had grown yet.
I remember when I was a lot younger, it was beautiful out there, and I was sure that the wild was even better than that as well. It was a lot of the reason that I was oh so tempted to at least try it out, even id I knew that it was a very risky decision for me to do so, and if I even made it out alive, I was not sure if I would find my way back home.
It was either live in this two leg place, or go out and live in the wild. I could not choose both, as much as I wished that I could. The two leg place, was safe, and that was all that I had clinging to it any more. I knew that none of the two legs that lived here could give a rats ass about me.
I was almost worried that they might give me to the shelter soon, just because they did not seem to care about me at all any longer. I was not sure if I wanted to even take that risk, as I knew that I had been told that it was a lot more scary than the wild, and a lot of cats did not make it out of there alive.
I stared at the door way for just a little bit longer, as luckily enough for me, I did not have to think all of those thoughts for too much more time, as I heard a bit of a loud whisper come from the other room, telling me that there was a cat in the home with me at the same time too.
I was a bit worried, as I was scared to go and see as to what it was, as I was worried that it might be a rogue, and I had been told stories of what rogues did to a lot of kitty pets, as if it were some kind of sick game to them. I shivered a bit, as I was about go get off of my cat tower, and find a place for me to hide at the same time too.
I then heard the cat, as it began to speak to me, though it spoke much louder than it had a few moments ago. I stood still for a bit longer, as I then let out quite the sigh of relief, as I realized that the voice I had heard, had simply been the voice of my friend Ben, who often came to my place, so that he could talk to me, and steal a little bit of my food as well.
I was fine with it how ever, as his company was worth a lot more than some nasty dry food to me. I shook my head at the exact same time as well, as I shook off the scary thoughts that it might have been a rogue just a few moments ago, and I then listened as to what it was that he had to say to clearly me as well.
"Psssttt! Kettle, are you here right now? You mind if I come and take some of your dry food? I am really hungry..." He said to me. I stood in this spot on top of the tower, as if I had not heard a word that he had said to me just now, as my mind seemed to almost be drawing a bit of a blank at the current moment.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I then got down from the little tower that I had slept on the night before, and I then began to head over to the front of the two leg den, where I had to assume as to where it was that he was at right now, as I seemed to be walking a lot slower than the day before now.
I realized as to why that was so as well, as my eyes seemed to be a bit dry, and I was walking with my head a bit low to the ground as well. It was because I was very tired, which I was not sure as to why that might be so as well, as I had gone to sleep earlier than I usually did, as well as to the fact that I had wake up a lot later than usual as well.
I had not woken up in the night either, so I was very lost as to how that could be so, as I had not had a busy day yesterday either. Maybe I was worn out physically, just because I had been doing far to much thinking to my self as of late. I shook my head, as I knew that I did not need to worry about that at all, as I then got in to the other room.
I spotted my friend, Ben, as he had his head turned in the wrong direction, as I saw that he had his eyes solely on the dry food that was ahead of him. I rolled my eyes, as I could tell that he was very tired. He always came to my place for food for some reason, as I knew he was a kitty pet, but it did not seem like his owners liked to feed him.
He was quite a bit skinny for most kitty pets, and so was I, as I did not eat much either, as I gave a lot of my food to him. I wondered if he just did not like the dry food that the two legs gave him, or if for some reason, they just did not want to feed him at all. I felt like the 2nd one in this case might be the one that was true.
I had heard stories of some cruel two leg owners, and what they did to a lot of the kitty pets. I had heard that they took a lot of them to some sort of ring, where the made that cats fight to the death, as it was some sort of fun and amusing gane to them. It made me quite a bit sick, as to the thoughts on things such as that.
I shook my head though, as I shook off all of those thoughts, and then I got close to my friend at the same time too, as I then began to speak to him, a lot louder than I usually tended to do. He jumped in to the air, as soon as he had heard my voice, as he spun around in a bit of some fear, as he listened to what it was that I had to say to him.
"Hey Ben! Its been a while since I have heard from you, what's been going on?" I asked me friend. I saw a look of fear on his face for some reason, which confused me for some reason, as I thought that there might be some thing wrong with me, or perhaps there might be some thing sneaking up behind me.
I looked behind me, just in case that was in fact the case, but I did not seem to see any thing, which made me feel just a little bit better at the very least, as I let out a bit of a quiet sigh, and I then turned my head back over to him, a little bit tilted, as I was not so sure as to what it was that was going on with him at the current moment.
Ben blinked a few times, as after a little while longer, he seemed to regain just a little bit of control over him self, as he let out a loud sigh, as I could tell that he felt like a bit of an idiot, for being in such fright that I was the cat that had spoken to him, as if he thought that there might have all of the sudden been a dog in this place, rather than me.
I some times wondered if that might ever happen as well, as Ben often made a joke on that, as though I did not tell him, it did kind of scare me, as at times, it felt like that might actually happen, as the two legs did not seem to pay me any sort of attention, and I saw the younger two leg play in the yard with one of dogs at the nearby two leg place a few times before.
I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I knew that I should not be getting my self too worried over little things such as that, as I then brought my focus back on to the present, as I saw Ben dip his head a bit low to the ground for some odd reason or another, which I really did not understand all that much as to why.
He had a bit of a guilty look on his face, as if he might have done some thing to betray me, and he did not want to tell me as to what it was. I was not sure as to what that could be how ever, as there was not much that he could really use against me, as I did not have all that much for him to really betray me with in the first place.
I blinked a few times, as after a little while longer, Ben lifted his head up, as he began to laugh at the same time as well, for some odd reason or another, as he found some thing clearly funny. I was confused as to what it was that was going on with him, if he perhaps might be going a little bit crazy.
I kept my head tilted on him, to let him know that I was not sure as to what it was that was up with him. He stared at me, as he then began to speak to me after a little bit more time had passed along as well. I blinked a few times, as I then listened as to what it was that he had to say to me too.
"Geesh! You scared the day lights out of me... I was not expecting you to come over from that way!" He said to me, as I tilted my head even more than before, as I was not sure as to why he would have got so scared about some thing as simple as that. I stared at him for a little bit longer, as I then began to laugh with him at the same time too.
The reason as to why I was so confused on that, as surely he must have known that I was going to be at this place. The only time that I had ever left, was that one day that the two legs had taken me to a bit of a weird place, when I had been very sick, and this smaller, very scary two leg stuck me down, and then stuck some thing inside of me.
That was also one of the most scary days of me life, as it was quite a fun story that I had told Ben about, after he had come back another day, asking where I had been, as he had said he had been searching all over the place for me that entire day. I smirked a little bit at the same time as well.
I saw that Ben had a bit of a confused look on his face too, as I knew that he did not really understand what was going on in my head right now. I looked at him for a little while longer, as I then began to think on what it was that he had just said to me at the exact same time as well.
I was in fact a little bit lost as to why that might have scared him, as he had told me that I did live in a two leg den that was a bit bigger than most, and there was a lot of places that I could have come from. I blinked a few times, as I still saw that Ben had a bit of an embarrassed look on his face.
I rolled my eyes at him, as I was the one to let out the loud sigh this time, as I saw him keep his head a bit low to the ground through all of that. I then shook my head, a bit more to my self, as I then began to speak to him at the exact same tine too. He lifted his head up, and then he nodded to me, as he listened to hear what it was that I had to say to him at the exact same time too.
"I sleep down the hall... Where else did you think that I would be at?" I asked him, as I could tell that he still felt a bit of an idiot for getting so scared at the fact that I had some how managed to sneak up on him, and scare him quite a bit. He stared at me for a little bit of some time, and then he squinted his eyes at me for some reason.
I was not sure as to if it was the fact that he was not happy because I had done so, or he was thinking of some thing else. I had to assume that it had to be some thing else, as he was not really a cat to get upset, or angry at any other cats, as he was a lot more of a chill and friendly cat.
It was a lot of the reason that we got along so well, as I still remember the day that we had met, as he was full of jokes, when I had been sitting on the front porch of the two leg place, as it had been one of the first times that I had actually gotten to go out side, and I had been so afraid.
He had managed to see me, while he had been walking down the side of the two leg path, and he could tell that I was scared for some reason or another, and his jokes managed to lighten up the mood in the air, as it seemed to calm me down a fair amount, as he made sure that I knew that I was fine, and that I was safe.
I shook off those thoughts though, as I then heard Ben begin to speak to me, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me at the same time too. I was a bit confused by it still, but I nodded to him any ways, as I then listened to hear what it was that he had to respond to me with as well.
"Well... You usually are not over there unless you are asleep... I assumed that you would be in the back yard, or some where else for that matter..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I realized that he had a bit of a fair point for that matter as well, as I then dipped my head to the ground, as I realized just how late it was in the day too.
I had been going out side a lot, and looking around at the two leg place, as if one of these days, I was going to spot some thing that I had never seen before, even though I knew that every day was just going to be the same old boring stuff as the day had been before.
It was a lot of the reason that I had considered going out in to the wild so much, as to the fact that there was nothing to do here, and even if the wild was scary, at least it was some thing to do, rather than just be stuck at the two leg place all of the time.
I kept my head a bit low to the ground, as I knew that Ben had offered me to go out and explore the two leg place with him several times, but I also knew that it was about the same no matter where it was that he was going to take me. I had been told that the wild was always different, where ever it was that you went in there.
I shook off those thoughts though, as I saw that Ben was just staring at me, and he was a bit interested in what it was that I was going to respond to him with clearly enough to me. I blinked a few times, as I was a bit confused on what it was that was even going on in the first place, as I tilted my head in just the slightest as well.
It then came back to me, as to what it was that he had just said to me, as this time it was my turn to have the guilty look on my own face, which I could tell confused him quite a bit, as he too tilted his head back at me. I shook my head, as I felt like I should straight forward with me friend, as I then began to speak up to him at the same time too, as I gave him a quick nod, which he in turn nodded right back at me.
"Yes... I don't know why... I slept in a lot last night... I saw some cat in my dream, and I think that is why I might not have slept well." I said to him at first, as I saw that he seemed to be a bit lost on what it was that I was getting at, as I saw a little bit of a surprised look on his face at the same time too. I felt like I might be speaking too much, and making my self look like a fool, so I continued to speak, to shake off those thoughts, and get straight to the point, as to why he was here in the first place. "Well... That is besides the point... You are not here for that... I know you came for some food, and there is plenty for you."
He looked at me for a few moments, as I saw that he squinted his eyes at me at the same time too. It was clear that he could tell that there was some thing that I was not telling him. I was not sure if I wanted to tell him though, as I felt like I might look like an idiot if I told him about it.
I had never heard of a cat having a dream such as that before, and be might start to think that I could be crazy if I told him about it. If he thought that, than he might not want to come back to my place, and that would mean that I would have lost a friend, and my only friend for that matter.
I shivered at the thought of that, as I looked at my friend for a little bit longer, as I saw the strange look on his face go away, as he suddenly had just a little bit of a smile pop up there instead, as if he had forgot what it was that I had just said to him. I let out a bit of a soft sigh at the same time too, as I was relieved by it.
I Ben turn his head over to the nasty bunch of dry food that was in the bowl ahead of me, as I could tell that he was very hungry. He looked at me one last time and then he nodded to me, as a bit of a thanks, as he began to quickly head over to the bowl of food that was on the other side of the room, just as it always was.
I followed my self over to him, as I was a bit hungry as well, though I went a lot slower than he had, as I just really did not feel like I wanted to eat. I wanted to express my thoughts, but I was not sure if Ben was exactly the right cat to talk to about that. If he was not the one for that, than who was then?
I shook my head, as I stopped my self just before I crashed in to the wall at the same time too. I knew that I would have looked like an even bigger idiot if that was to have happened as well. I saw that Ben had noticed it too, as he suddenly began to stop eating, as he then began to squint his eyes at me once again.
I stared down at the ground, as I looked at the bowl in front of me, as I was tempted to join him in eating from it, but I held my self in, even though I was in fact hungry. I heard Ben start to speak to me as well, as I lifted my head up, and I blinked a few times, as I then listened as to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Are you alright Kettle? Is it some thing about that dream that you told me about? Did that cat say some thing to you?" He said to me. I stared at him for a few moments, as I was a bit surprised by what it was that he had just said to me. It was as if he was reading my mind, and craving in to my most inner thoughts.
I then dipped my head a bit low to the ground at the exact same time too, as I felt like a bit of an idiot for even telling him any thing about that in the first place. I stared below me for a little while longer, as it soon seemed like Ben got off the thoughts on what it was that he had just said to me, as I heard him begin to bite in to the dry food that was in front of me once again.
I knew that was not the case how ever, as it still surprised me to this day, that he had such good memory, and was able to keep his mind on so many things at once. I knew that he was a very smart cat, though some of the things he said often, I could not tell if it were a joke, or if he were trying to prove me other wise.
I shook my head as I let out a bit of a loud sigh, which Ben seemed to just ignore. I stared below me for a little while longer, as I went back to the thoughts of having a cat, and a friend to express my thoughts and feelings to. I was still worried that Ben would judge me for it, but I shook my head at the same time too, as I knew that I needed not to be too worried about that.
I felt like he would not be too harsh on me, and he would not just all of the sudden ignore me for it. After all, he did come to my place for food, and there was no where else for him to go, at least he had told me, that would be a good and safe place for him to eat at.
I shook off those thoughts, as I then lifted my head up, to see that Ben was already looking at me. It kind of surprised me, as it was almost as if he could see me do some thing before I even did it. I shook my head though, as I nodded to him, and he nodded back to me as well, and I then began to speak to him at the same time too.
"Yeah... Yes... He did, but I am sure that it is nothing... My subconscious is just trying to tell me to do some thing stupid and I am not sure if it is the right idea." I said to him. He looked at me for a bit of some time, as he then began to squint his eyes at me once again. I gulped, as I felt like I had made a bit of a mistake by saying that to him.
I wondered if he had said what he had said a few moments ago as more of a joke, rather than him thinking that the cat had in fact spoke to me. I once again felt like I had made another mistake, and I was only digging my self in to an even deeper hole than I had just been in before.
I was a bit confused at the same time too, as for a cat that I thought might have been joking, he sure was squinting his eyes at me, as if this was dead serious to him. I was a bit lost in the moment, as I was not sure what to think, and what was even going on at the current moment in time as well.
I let out a bit of a soft sight to my self, as I almost wanted to go back in to my room, and catch up on some sleep. At the same time too, I felt like I might see that crazy cat in my dream at the same time too, and I was not sure if it was really all that worth it for me to go and get some sleep.
I stared at the ground for just a little bit longer, as I then suddenly heard my friend Ben, begin to step up and speak once again. I was not sure if I wanted to hear what it was that he had to say to me how ever, but I lifted my head up any ways, and I listened to hear what it was that he had to respond back to me with at the same time too.
"No... I don't think it was your subconscious... My mom had those same sorts of dreams of her ancestors before she passed away... She was told of how to save the life of me and my sister, as some thing was about happen to us..." He said to me. I tilted my head, as I was a bit surprised by it, as he had never told me this story before. I nodded to him though, as I waited for him to continue on, which he did in fact do so as well. "I know you don't know your parents... But if a cat told you to do some thing in that dream... I think you should listen..."
I looked at him, as I was not sure as to what it was that I should say back to him. I was very shocked about it, as it was really the first time that he had opened up like that to me, and also the first time that I had done so to him as well. Perhaps we were starting to become closer friends...
I dipped my head low to the ground, as I was not sure if that mattered. If he was really being serious with what he had said, than would it really matter if we were to become close friends? The cat in the dream had told me to go some where, and I do not think that Ben would come with me.
It kind of saddened me a bit, as I was almost nearly about to drop a tear at just the thought of it, as I did my best to just shake off those thoughts, as I then looked back up to my friend, and I nodded to him. I gulped to my self, as I still was not sure if I was ready to say what had happened in that dream to him.
I felt like I should how ever, as I saw a look on his face that told me that he was being dead serious with me. I blinked a few times, as he then nodded back to me, as it told me that it was now my time to speak. I had a sad look on my face whilst I did it, but I did in fact begin to speak to him, as he stared at me, as he listened to hear what it was that I had to say to him, about the dream I had last night.
"Well... I don't really know... I was out in the wild... He told me to follow the sun trail, and there was a really tall hill in front of me..." I began to say to him, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me. This time I knew it was just because he was thinking on what it was that I had said, rather than judging me. It made me feel a little bit better, as I then began to continue to speak to him. "Do you actually think I should listen to him? You told me that the wild was a scary place..."
He looked at me for a little while longer as well, as I could tell that it was quite a lot for him to take in all at once. I felt a bit bad for him as well, as I felt kind of a little bit guilty for putting so much stress on him all at once, as I could tell he was thinking hard on what it was that I had just said to him.
After a little while longer, to my surprise as well, I then saw him dip his head a bit low to the ground, I wondered what it was that was going on with him, as I saw a bit of a sad look in his eyes, which I could tell he was trying to hide from me for some odd reason or another.
He was always a cat that was always open and honest to me, even if we did not talk all that much about our history, and our past, or other things such as this, but this time it seemed like he was trying to hide some thing from me for some odd reason or another. I tilted my head a little bit, even though I knew that he could not see me do so.
I was a bit lost on what it was, as it there was some thing that he was just not quite wanting to tell me. I blinked a few times, as he kept his head low to the ground for a little bit longer. Eventually how ever, I heard him let out quite a bit of a loud sigh, as he then lifted his head up at me.
I saw him stare in to my eyes, as it looked almost as if a tear was about to drop for some reason. He then nodded to me, as I nodded back to him as well, as I was still a little bit confused with what was going on. After a little bit more time had passed as well, he finally began to speak to me.
"I did tell you the wild was scary... I also told you that it was an amazing place as well... If you think that going out there is a good idea, I will not try to stop you, it is your decision."