Chapter 32: The Real Hero

I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on in the first place any ways, mainly because of course, I really did not have a clue as to just what it was that was even going on, nor was I too sure as to just what it was that the cats were talking about, as to the fact that they needed help. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that they even needed help from, due to the fact that as far as I had known from the mountains so far, it did not seem like you could really get in all that much danger, if I was going to be completely and perfectly honest with my self.
Clearly I was wrong though, and I was not all too sure as to just why it was that I was even thinking on any of that it the very first place any ways, as I knew that my focus needed to be on the fact as to for one thing, where it was that the cats had asked for help from in the first place for one thing, and also the reason as to just why it was that they had asked for help either. I was not all too sure, as I knew that as I turned my head over to the direction that I had heard the noise coming from, was that it had came from the tall cliff that Stoneteller was at quite a bit often.
At least around that area, though I felt like it surely had to be near the cliff, due to the fact that I knew what was to happen if you were to fall down that cliff, as I knew that you would fall to your death. Though I was not all too sure as to who the voice was in the very first place, not due to the fact that it was a voice that I had never heard before, but more mainly due to the fact that it was the fact that the voice had come from so far away, that it was impossible to think as to who the voice was never the less.
Either way, it really did not matter as to who the voice was for one thing, as I knew that as I had learned from the tribe so far, if there was any cat in danger, than you must go out of your way to help them no matter what it is that the case was, as I had been told by Stoneteller at the exact same time as well, which was of course, the fact that he had told me that 'every life as well as every cat, mattered'. I knew that I had to go and help what ever cat it was that was in danger right now, as I turned my head over to Storm, as I saw that his eyes were wide open right now.
It was clear that he was quite a bit scared, and it was clear that he too was not all too sure as to just what it was that we should even do about the cat that was clearly in danger right now. I felt quite a bit guilty about all of that at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I had officially became a cat of this tribe, but it did not seem like I was acting like I was at all right now. I breathed in just a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew what it was that I had to do just now, but at the same time as well, I also was not all too sure as to just what it was that we could be getting our selves in to right now, as I was fairly certain that I needed the help of my friend, Storm right now, as I looked at my friend right in to his eyes, to make sure that he was with me right now, as I saw that his eyes were clearly wide open still, as if he still was not all too sure as to what it was that we should do right at this very moment in time, even though the answer was quite a bit obvious. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then nodded to Storm, to get his attention, at the exact same time too.
Storm still had his eyes in the direction that we all had heard the noise come from, at the exact same time too, as I could tell that he was still a bit lost for some odd reason or another, as I still was a bit worried for him. I gulped down a bit of a wad of spit, all at the exact same time as well, until finally, I did in fact see my friend all of the sudden nod back to me, to let me know that he had his attention on me now. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, though I felt like I should not be at all relieved right now, as I then did in fact begin to speak to him.
"We have to go help them, they could be in a lot of danger!" I said to him, quite a bit loudly at the exact same time as well too, that way I could make sure that he his full attention on me right now. I was a little bit lost about all of it, all at the same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit. Just as I got worried about my friend, I then all of the sudden saw him nod to me at the exact same time too, to let me know that he had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had even said to him in the very first place any ways.
I once again let out a bit of another relieved sigh for some odd reason or another, even though I had not a clue as to just what it was that we were about to walk in to. I blinked a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as, as soon as it seemed like I had blinked my eyes, I then all of the sudden saw Storm zoom past me, all at the exact same time as well, as I still was a little bit lost on just what it was that was even going on at this very moment in time any ways. I was so lost by all of it, but as I saw Storm get a fair distance ahead of me, all at the exact same time too, I then began to remember as to just what it was that was going on at this very moment in time any ways.
I breathed in just a bit, as I then began to follow my friend, going up to speeds that not even I imagined I could ever do at the exact same time as well, as it did not take me all that long to catch up to him all of the sudden, as we then began to run side by side, just like all good friends would do, as I knew for a fact at this point, that Storm was my best friend, as I could say that with out a doubt, never the less. I got my focus off of all of that how ever, all at once, as I knew just as to what it was that I needed to even have my focus on in the very first place any ways.
That was of course the fact that I knew that my focus should be on the fact as to where it was that we had heard the yell for help come from not all too long ago, as well as the reason that some one had needed help, at the exact same time as well. I felt like, if there was a cat that was about to fall off of a cliff, than we might be a bit too late to go and try to save them, unless they were strong enough to hold on to it, which I was not all too sure if that was the case, or if that was even possible, as a bit of a memory then seemed to flood back to me, all at the exact same time as well.
It was the memory of my father, as I knew that he was one of the strongest cats that I had ever met for one thing, but not even that, never the less, but even when I had tried to help him up the branch that night, it still had not been enough to help lift him up, and it had not lasted all that long. If there was a cat that was hanging on to a cliff for their life right at this very moment in time, than I was sure that they had already fallen down at this point. I let out a bit of a rough and a heavy sigh, which seemed to be drowned out by the heavy panting of both me and Storm all at the exact same time too, as we were going as fast as we possibly could, to go and help what ever cat it was that was in danger right now, no matter who it was, or what the case was, just as Stoneteller had told us to.
I shivered all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those dark memories from my head, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like those were not the types of memories that I wanted my focus to be on right now, in the very first place any ways, as I shook my head, and I just kept on going. My focus just needed to be on the fact that I needed to help what ever cat it was that was in trouble right now. I nodded a bit to my self all at once, as I had my eyes mostly on Storm, as I did not want to get too far ahead of him, or too far behind, as I felt like we needed to be together right now.
Just as soon as I thought on those types of thoughts, all at the exact same time as well how ever, I then all of the sudden saw Storm stop him self all of the sudden, at the exact same time too, as I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that had even made him stop him self in the very first place any ways. I tilted my head at him a little bit, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit worried for him, as I knew that if there were cats in trouble right now, than I needed his help in trying to get them out of what ever trouble it was that they had even got them selves in to, in the very first place any ways.
As I stood there, staring at my friend for a few moments, I then noticed that I saw a look of fear on his face, but not even that, but there was a look of fear in his eyes right now, which did in fact have me quite a bit confused as to just what it was that was even going on with him right now, in the very first place any ways. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh, all at once, before I then turned my head and my eyes over to what ever it was that he was even looking at, at this very moment in time any ways.
I was a little bit lost as to what it was that I saw, as well as the fact that I was quite a bit scared as well. I saw that we were near the cliff, but not just that, but what it was that was at the cliff at this very moment in time any ways, was some thing that I had never seen before as well, which was of course the fact that it was some very big, coyote, but at the exact same time too, dog like creatures, that seemed quite a bit scary to look at for one thing, but at the exact same time too, I had not a clue as to what it was that they even were in the very first place any ways.
They looked like the type of creatures that you would see in a nightmare, as I knew that they were not quite like coyotes at all for one thing, as they seemed to be a lot bigger than I remembered a coyote to be, as I gulped at the thought of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try not to think on all of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that my father had of course died right in front of my eyes, to a wild pack of coyotes never the less. It hurt me to even think about, but at the exact same time too, even the coyotes that I had seen, seemed to be nothing compared to these 2 creatures that I saw in front of me right now.
This was some thing that looked to be even worse than a nightmare, as I was quite a bit afraid to get any where near it all at once. I had heard a cat call for help, but I was sure that at this point, with those 2 creatures that were right in front of me right now, that there was no sort of way to help those cats that did in fact need help just now at the exact same time as well too, any ways. I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time too how ever, as I then all of the sudden saw just who it was that the cats were that we had heard yelling for help not all too long ago in the very first place any ways.
Those cats of course, happened to be Stoneteller and Eagle, as I saw that they too had their eyes wide open, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that the cats were just as scared as I was right now. It was clear that they were afraid for their lives, which I did not blame them for, as I would too if I saw just what it was that was in front of me right now, in the very first place any ways. I felt quite a bit afraid for them, as well as the fact that I was scared for them, as I knew for a fact that these were not the cats that we needed to lose at all right now, as I knew that the both of them were our leaders.
I knew that some thing needed to be done, but I was not all too sure as to just what it was that we could do in the very first place any ways. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that these creatures even were in the very first place any ways, nor was I too sure as to what it was that could be their weaknesses. If I was going to be completely honest with my self never the less, as I looked at these creatures that were in front of me right now, I was fairly certain that they did not have any weaknesses at all, as I gulped at the thought of that all at once.
I still was not even all too sure as to just what it was that these creatures could be, as I had been told of many, but I had not seen one like this at all right now, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do. Just as I thought on those kind of thoughts all at once, never the less, I then all of the sudden heard the voice of Storm, as he then began to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I could see that the creatures were starting to move a bit closer and closer to both Eagle and Stoneteller, all at the exact same time as well.
I got my focus off of all of that, all at the exact same time as well how ever, as I then instead got my focus on just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways, which was of course the fact that Storm was speaking to me, as I turned my head over to him, and I nodded to him all at once, to let him know that he had his attention on me. Storm did not nod to me at all, as I could tell that he was more just worried about all of this, and he had his focus on that, as he then kept on speaking to me all at the exact same time as well, not having a care as to whether or not I was in fact paying him any sort of attention, which lucky enough for him, I was of course paying attention to him, as I then began to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me at the exact same time as well none the less.
"Those are wolves! They will tear you apart of you get near them! We have to do some thing to save them, those are our leaders, and you remember what it was that they told us too right?" He said to me, as I was well aware as to what it was that they had said for us to do, not just for them selves, but they had told us to do that for every cat, as it did not matter if it was them that was in this current situation right now. Just as I was about to nod to him, all at the exact same time as well, as to what it was that he had said to me, I then all of the sudden saw him turn his head away from me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw him head was now on instead, the cats, or the wolves that were in front of us, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was looking at right now. I was a bit lost by it, as my mind was starting to race on the thoughts as to what it was that he had even just said to me at the exact same time as well, as I then began to realize, and remember all of the stories that I had been told about wolves. I had been told though, that they were a lot more rare than coyotes, and they were a lot less likely to go after cats at the exact same time as well, as I had also been told as to the fact that at the very least. It just did not make sense for one thing, as to why it was that they were out in the middle of the day never the less, as well as the fact as to just why it was that they were going after cats right now. It was more than likely due to the fact that it was harder for them to catch prey as of late, due to the fact that it was starting to get to the cold season now. I had to guess that they were going out during the day, and that they were also going after cats, due to the fact that they could not find as much prey now. I felt a bit sick, as it still felt like it was not a good enough excuse for them how ever, as I then shook off all of those thoughts from my head, all at the exact same time as well, as I then started to hear the voice of Storm, as he began to speak to me all at the exact same time as well, once again, I was just a little bit lost by it, all at the exact same time too, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh, before I then once again nodded to him, to let him know that I was listening as to what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I did in fact listen to him. "You go and get the cats, I will try to take distract the wolves for the time being... Once I distract the wolves, you then grab the cats and you run back to the cave... There will be other cats that will scare the wolves off..."
I looked at Storm, right in to his eyes, as I could tell that he did not believe as to what it was that he had said to me in the very first place any ways, which I was not all too sure as to why that was the case for one thing, but I also was not all too sure as to just what it was that he might even be thinking about at the exact same time too as well, as I tilted my head a little bit at him, at the exact same time as well. I could not seem to comprehend as to what it was that was going on in the head of my friend at all right now.
It seemed like he did not seem to believe that the cats in the cave would scare them off. I did not blame him if he did not think that it would be the case at all, as those wolves were huge. I knew that they would know that they were bigger than the cats, but surely they did not think that they could fight off nearly 50 of them all at once, if there was only 2 of them. I gulped just a bit all at once at the exact same time as well, as I also then began to remember at the exact same time as well, that there was another thing that I had been told about wolves, that made them a lot different than a coyote none the less.
It was the fact that they were less likely to be scared by some thing, as coyotes did not like to go any where near some thing that might be any sort of dangerous at all to them, whilst wolves were just the opposite of that. I felt like it did not matter how ever, as I felt like if there were 50 cats on 2 wolves, than they would not last long. I gulped just a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then got my focus off of all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well, as I looked at my friend right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time as well.
It seemed to be that he had a bit of a different reason as to why he did not believe as to what it was that he had said in the very first place any ways, but I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that it could even be, if I was going to be completely honest with my self, never the less, as well. I let out quite a bit of a rough, as well as a soft sigh, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try not to get all too worried about all of that, as well as the fact that I felt like I should not have my focus on that at all right now either, as I knew that I needed to have my focus on both Stoneteller and Eagle, as I knew that they were in fact the cats that were in trouble right now.
I continued to stare at Storm right in to his eyes all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like time was going in a bit of some extra slow motion, as I then all of the sudden saw my friend turn his head away from me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw his head all of the sudden turn over to the wolves all of the sudden. I still was just a little bit lost about all of it, but I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I then began to start to realize as to just what it was that I needed to do all of the sudden, in order for us to save the lives of both Eagle and Stoneteller.
I nodded a bit to my self, as I then began to run as fast as I possibly could, just as I had been, when I had been going to try to figure out as to just what it was that was the reason as to why there had been cats yelling for help, in the very first place any ways. I now knew as to just as to why the reason as to why it was that they had been asking for help now though, so I felt like none of the rest of it should matter at all to me any more, as I saw that Storm all of the sudden then ran on top of one of the wolves, as I saw that the other wolf all of the sudden, at the exact same time as well, then turned it's head over to where it was that Storm had jumped on to the first wolf in the very first place any ways.
The 1st wolf tried to get Storm off of it, whilst the 2nd wolf tried to go over and help it's friend. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, all at the exact same time as well too, as I then all of the sudden flew past the wolves all at once, and I then caught up to both Stoneteller and Eagle, who I could see Stoneteller was trying his best to act calm right now, whilst Eagle was quite a bit scared as far as I could tell, as I then all of the sudden stopped my self right in front of them, as I saw that the both of them turned their eyes to me, as the both of them had their eyes wide open, as if I was one of the wolves, and I was about to attack them.
I saw that Stoneteller had his eyes wide open, as if he was about to fight back against them, but he then let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief, all at the exact same time too, as he saw that it had just been me, as he then nodded to me all at once. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I still was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, but I did in fact nod right back over to him how ever, as I then all of the sudden, after a little bit more time had past, not too much time as to where I had wasted it, I did in fact start to speak up to the both of them, all at the exact same time too, quite a bit loudly.
"Come on! We need to get back to the cave now!" I yelled very loudly, almost as if it was a screech, to the both of them, to make sure that they had both heard as to what it was that I had even said to them in the very first place any ways. The both of them had their eyes wide open, as they then nodded to me, as if I was the hero, even though I knew that I was not, as I was not the one that had thought of this plan to save them, as I had been the one who instead, had been a bit lost in my head, as to the memory that I had the night that I had lost my father not all too long ago.
Storm was the real hero right now, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that I did not have time to think on that at all how ever, as I knew that I had to keep my focus on the fact that we needed to get out of here, as safe as we possibly could, as I then began to go as fast as I possibly could, taking the lead for the both of them, to get all of this started, all at the exact same time too, so that we did not have to fight back against the wolves, which I knew would work for the entire tribe being on us to help us, but it would not work for the 4 of us.
The 4 of us of course, 1 of them being an old elder cat, and 1 of those cats being a kit, who for sure we could not risk the life of, due to the fact that he was the youngest cat of them all, and he was supposed to be the next leader of the tribe, as I knew that he was supposed to be the next Stoneteller. I knew that out of all the lives that mattered right now, he was the most important out of all of them. At the exact same time too how ever, I also then began to realize, all at the exact same time as well, that if we did not hurry, than pretty soon none of our lives would matter at all, due to the fact that we would no longer have them.
I began to breath in quite a bit heavily, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I instead got my focus on the thoughts that we just needed to get out of here, and we needed to get out of here as fast as we possibly could. I nodded a bit to my self, as I could hear the other 2 cats paw steps, as they were going as fast as they possibly could, to make sure that they were following me as to where it was that I was taking them, which was of course the fact that I was trying to take them back to the cave never the less.
I gulped a bit of some spit down my throat, all at the exact same time too, as I then heard the screech of one of the cats from right behind me, which immediately stopped me right in my path for some reason, even though I knew that I had to get my focus in on just where it was that I was trying to take the others to right now. I blinked a few times, as I turned my head around, to see as to what it was that was going on right now, which I was glad that I had done such a thing, as I saw that Eagle already had stopped him self at the exact same time too, doing the same thing that I was, as he was trying to figure out what was going on.
If I had kept on going, than I would have kept on going with out him, meaning that all of this would have been for nothing at all, as I knew that the wolves would have torn him and Stoneteller up quite a bit quickly. Not only that, but we would have lost the life of Storm in the process. Speaking of Storm, as I looked over to the wolves, I noticed that Storm was no where to be seen all of the sudden, as I was not all too sure as to why that was so for one thing, as I was quite a bit worried as to where it was that my friend had all of the sudden gone off to.
I shook my focus off of all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well how ever, as I then got my focus on the thoughts at to where I had heard the screech come from in the very first place, not all too long ago from now, as I turned my head over to where the noise had come from, only to see that it had been Stoneteller, as the wolves now had their grasp on him, and they were pulling him back from both me and Eagle. My eyes then all of the sudden were the ones that went wide all of the sudden, as I was quite a bit shocked by what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways none the less.
It felt like I was losing every thing that I had worked so hard to get to once again, as I knew that it was not the first time that this had happened, as the memory of Frank all of the sudden then seemed to come back to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I remembered him holding on to the branch, sort of like how it was that Stoneteller was holding on to the ground right now, doing his best not to let the wolves drag him any further. I blinked a few times, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do, or what it was that was even going on in the very first place as well, until I then suddenly head the voice of Eagle all at once, as it then seemed to wake me up all of the sudden.
I once again blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden saw that Eagle was going over to Stoneteller all at the exact same time as well, to try to save his mentor, which I knew was a terrible idea for sure. Just as he was doing so, I then began to run over to Eagle, to try to stop him from doing such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, as I could hear the voice of Eagle, as he had his head turned over to me now that I was on top of him, as he then began to yell at me, and I had no other choice but to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me at the exact same time too.
"What are you doing? This is Stoneteller! This is our leader!" He hissed at me, as a bit of some spit came out of his mouth, which I did my best to try to ignore, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that no matter what, Eagle was going to be angry at me. I knew that I had to save his life though, as I was fairly certain that Stoneteller would agree with it. Stoneteller was done for at this point, as the wolves had their grasp on him, and there was no saving him now. I sighed just a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of those thoughts never the less, as I looked over at Stoneteller, in hopes of some sort of help, but that was not the case at all how ever, and sadly, as I could tell that Stoneteller was in too much of a panic to realize as to what it was that was going on right now. I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that this was what it was that he would have wanted, if he knew what it was that was going on. I blinked a few times, as I then all of the sudden lifted Eagle up with my mouth all at once, as I then began to remember that he still was a kit. Eagle tried to fight back against me, as even with all of the scratches that hurt me quite a bit, and made me want to drop him, it did not matter to me how ever, as it was to no avail. His life was far too valuable to leave him behind. I began to start to head off with him, as he was quite a bit heavy, but that did not stop me from still going quite a bit fast, as I kept on going over to where I could see that the cave was not all too far away from me, from above the tree line. Eagle began to speak to me, though this time it was in a bit more pain, as we had gone quite a bit of some distance away from the cliff now, as I listened to what it was that he had to say in the very first place any ways. "Why? He was our leader... We needed him..."
I looked down at the kit for just a few seconds, as I felt quite a bit bad for him at the exact same time as well. I knew that the kit viewed Stoneteller as his father, as like I had been told by Stoneteller, as to the fact that Eagle had lost his parents when he was far too young to remember them. He had taken him in sort of as his father, as it was quite a nice and a brave thing for a leader like Stoneteller to do. I felt bad for Eagle, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that it was not going to get me to change my mind at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I needed to just keep on going forward no matter what the cost was at this point.
There was nothing that I could have done to save the life of Stoneteller in that moment, so the only thing that I could do, was to simply save the life of Eagle instead, as I was still carrying him at this moment, as for one thing, I knew that I could not drop him down for multiple reasons never the less. I did not want him to go back to the wolves in the hopes of saving his father, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that it would be a bit faster for me to be carrying him, even if it was slowing me down quite a bit, than it would be for the young kit to be running by him self right behind me.
I breathed in just a bit heavily, though it was quite a bit hard for me to do, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that most of my breathing was coming from my nose right now, due to the fact that I had a cat in my mouth right at this very moment in time. I was sure that the wolves as well, too had a cat in their mouths, as it made me feel sick to even think on that at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts from my head, all at the exact same time as well, as I could see that I was getting closer and closer to the cave now.
Just as I was starting to get closer and closer to the cave, I then all of the sudden saw an army of cats running over to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit afraid at first, as I was just about to stop my self, all at the exact same time too, as at first I had been a bit worried that they were coming at me to attack me. I realized that it was not the case at all how ever, at least, so it was that I had hoped never the less, as I knew that it was the tribe, and they were simply just worried as to the fact that they had heard yelling for help from quite a bit of some distance away, at the exact same time too.
At the front of all of that, all at the exact same time too, I saw that it was Oister, who it almost seemed like she was leading the charge right now, though I realized that was not the case at all how ever, as she was simply just the furthest ahead, due to the fact that she had not quite got back to the cave just yet, from the run that we had gone to go and get some prey for the tribe. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my focus off of all of that, none the less, as this time, I did in fact stop my self.
Oister had quite a bit of a worried look on her face, as soon as I dropped Eagle off beside me, all at the exact same time as well. Eagle was quite a bit angry, and he was not all too happy with me at the exact same time as well, as far as I could see, just based off of the look on his face. I could not help but to feel a bit bad for him as well, based off of what it was that had just happened in front of the both of our eyes. We had watched the leader of our tribe get slowly dragged by a bunch of wolves, to his death, and it was not really our fault either, as there was nothing that we could have done, unless we wanted to get killed our selves.
I shook off all of those thoughts from my head, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of that. Like it or not, I knew that I did not have much of a choice, as I knew that Storm had risked his life to go out and save the both of those cats, as sadly, I was only able to save one in the end, but Storm had been a brave cat none the less, as I was not all too sure if I could have done what he had. I knew that Storm had most likely died in the fight against the wolves at the exact same time as well, due to the fact as to why they had all of the sudden grabbed Stoneteller.
It was starting to make sense, as to why it was that he had that kind of look on his face not all too long ago, in the very first place any ways. He had known that he was more than likely going to die, but he knew that it was for a justifiable cause. I began to breath in quite a bit heavily, all at the exact same time, as it was starting to come back to me, quite a bit fast, at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that I had just lost my one and only true friend to those wretched creatures. Why us? We were cats! There was a lot easier prey to go after than us never the less.
I turned my back behind me at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact start to remember that their were in fact wolves out there still, as I was a bit worried that they were following us all at the exact same time as well. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I looked out behind me for quite a bit of some time, but thankfully enough, it was clear that the wolves had been smart enough to know not to follow us. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden heard the voice of Oister begin to speak from behind me, all at the exact same time as well, as I heard the rest of the tribe then all of the sudden stop them selves, all at the exact same time as well.
I stared out in to the abyss for just a bit more time, until I then all of the sudden turned my head around, and I then all of the sudden, at the exact same time as well, then nodded to Oister, to let her know that I was listening as to what it was that she even had to say in the very first place any ways. Oister blinked her eyes a few times her self, as she then did in fact nod right back over to me, all at the exact same time too. I began to breath in just a bit, as she then all at once, continued to speak to me, as I did in fact listen as to what it was that she had to say to me in the very first place never the less.
"What is going on out there? Who is in trouble? Does some one need help or is every thing okay?" She asked me, as it was a lot of questions to be asked at the exact same time as well, as it was at this very moment in time, I had already had a lot of thoughts going on in my head before all of this, but as soon as she had said just what it was that she had even said to me, all at the exact same time as well, it then all seemed to go on to a bit of a new level, as I then dipped my head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure how to answer all of that, all at the exact same time too.
I began to breath in quite a bit heavily, as I looked down at the dirt that was below me, all at the exact same time too none the less, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even do right now, in the very first place any ways, as it felt like my head was drowning with a whole lot of thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to how it was that I should even answer the questions that she had even just asked me in the very first place any ways. Frankly, I seemed to all of the sudden just forget as to what it was that she had even just said to me as well.
I did my best to try to keep my focus on her, as best as I could, but it was just a bit hard for me, as there was in fact so much that had in fact even gone on in the very first place any ways. It was all such a blur to me, all at the exact same time as well, as even though I had not got hurt, at least as far as I knew, I still had a lot of adrenaline rushing through my body right now, as it felt like it was quite a bit out of control, as I let out quite a bit of some heavy breaths, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to regain my balance, and try to regain my focus on all of what it was that was even going on right now, at the exact same time too.
I saw that Oister had a bit of a sad look on her face, as if she was reading in to my thoughts, as they were not even the thoughts that I was even having in the very first place any ways, due to the fact that I knew that I was so stuck in my head right now. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was doing, or what it was that I even should do right now as well, due to that fact. It was as if Oister was taking the thoughts that I should be having, and the words that I should be telling her, and reading through those thoughts that she had seemed to steal from me. It was fine if she had stolen them from me as well, as those were not the thoughts that I even wanted to have right now.
What it was that I had just seen in front of my own eyes, as to the fact that I had seen the fact that had brought me to my new home in the very first place any ways, just get dragged like some sort of a toy, as if it was a dog playing with one of its chew toys. No, these things were a lot worse than a dog was for sure, as I knew that dogs only attacked cars, and they only killed them, due to the fact that they thought that it was just some sort of game, as it was clear that they had not a clue as to just what it was that they were even doing at all.
This was a lot different than all of that how ever, as these things, dare I might say it? Seemed to be even worse than the coyotes were, as they had a bit of an evil look in their eyes as well. They were a lot bigger than the coyotes as well, as I was not all too sure as to just how it was that we had even made it out of there alive in the very first place any ways, as I still had a bit of a scared thought that they still might be coming over to us for some stupid reason or another, even though I knew that it was not the case at all, and they had in fact got just what it was that they had wanted to get in the very first place any ways.
I breathed in just a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I then finally lifted my head up, all at the exact same time too, back over to Oister, as I then finally felt like all of the sudden, I had a response as to what it was that she had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as I then nodded to her all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, to let her know that I was finally ready to speak back to her. Oister once again blinked her eyes a few times, but in the end she did in fact nod back over to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that she was listening as to what it was that I had to tell her. I let out a bit of a soft and thankful sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then opened my mouth, as I was about ready to speak, before I was so rudely interrupted by Eagle all of the sudden, how ever.
I blinked my eyes just a few times, none the less, as I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right now once again. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I then shook my head at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to Eagle, at the exact same time as well, still a bit lost, as to the fact as to why he had such an angry look on his face, as it was clear that he was staring me down right now, kind of like I had seen the wolves staring him down, not all too long ago at the exact same time too.
I tilted my head a bit at Eagle, to let him know that I was in fact, quite a bit lost as to what it was that he was doing right now. Eagle stared at me right in to his eyes, as I could tell that he was very angry with me, as well as the fact that he was quite a bit upset at me at the exact same time too, for some odd reason or another, which did not make all too much sense to me either, as I knew that I had been the one to save his life. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, all at the exact same time as well, as Eagle continued to speak all at the exact same time as well, as I then listened as to what it was that he even had to say in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"No! Every thing is not okay! Because of this cat, our leader is dead!" He said to every one that was around me right now, even though he had his eyes squinted right at me. I heard a lot of shocked noises from many of the cats all at the exact same time as well, as well as the fact that I saw many of them hiss at me, all at the exact same time as well. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quite a bit lost by what it was that he had even said to every one, in the very first place too, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the big group of cats, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that they too had their eyes squinted at me, as it looked like a few of them wanted to attack me at the exact same time as well. I did not blame them for it never the less, as to the fact as to what it was that Eagle had said to them at the same time too, as none of them had a clue as to just what it was that was even going on, nor what it was that had happened in the very first place at the same time too. They just were looking for some one to blame for the mess that was going on, and I was the perfect cat for them to blame too, as to the fact that I knew that I was a new cat to the tribe, and I had not been born in the tribe either. I gulped a bit, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts, all at the same time too, as I then opened my mouth once again, to try to explain as to what it was that had gone on in the very first place any ways though, as I knew it had already got off to a bad start. Just as I had opened my mouth once again how ever, I then heard the voice of Eagle, as he once again interrupted me, such as he had done before, as I then blinked my eyes a few times, and I turned my head over to him, all at once, to hear as to what it was that he had to say to every one, to make me look bad, once again. "I was going to save him! He stopped me from doing it! It's because of him that our leader is dead! He pulled me away from the wolves!"
I saw that all of the cats that were around me at this very moment in time, were even more angry than they had been before, as to what it was that he had said at first about me, as I saw that many of them took their claws out, as it seemed like they were ready to tear me apart, even though I really had not done all that much wrong, at least I felt like that had been the case, as I had been the one to save Eagle after all, as far as I knew, though I was in a bit of an adrenaline rush through all of that, so I was not all too sure if my memory was the best, as to all that had even gone on over there in the very first place any ways.
As all of the cats staring at me, continuing to hiss at me, all of that seemed to go away, all at the exact same time as well, after the fact that they had heard as to what it was that he had said at the last part, about the fact that there had been wolves, which I knew might not seem true at all, and it might have seen a bit made up at the exact same time as well, though the only problem was the fact that I was not the one that had told them the story how ever, so it did not make sense as to the fact that Eagle would have made that up, to try to make me look bad at the exact same time too, none the less.
There was also another part, as to what it was that he had said at the end, that made all of the cats put their claws back in at the exact same time as well, which of course was the fact that he had told every one that I had pulled him back from the wolves. I saw quite a bit of a shocked look on all of the faces, not due to the fact that they thought that Eagle was some kind of an idiot, even though it was in fact quite a bit stupid as to what it was that he had just said to me in the very first place any ways, he was just angry, as well as the fact that he was lost, along with never the less, that he was in pain, with the loss of the cat that he called his father.
All of the cats looked over at me, as I saw that many of them dipped their heads a bit low to the ground, as it was clear that they now realized that I had done what it was that I had needed to do, in able to be able to save the life up the future leader of the tribe. I felt bad that I was not able to save the life of Stoneteller, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that there was not much that I could have done at the exact same time as well, to stop all of that from going on. I felt a bit sick still, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh once again to my self, before I then nodded to every one, all at the exact same time as well.
Eagle saw what it was that all of the cats were doing, and he began to cry, as he then all of the sudden fell on to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that I was the one that he felt like he needed to lean on to right at this very moment in time as well, as it was clear that he had come to a bit of the realization as well, just like the rest of the cats in the tribe had, that I had in fact saved his life at the exact same time as well. I held on to Eagle to, as I felt quite a bit lost, as well as the fact that I felt like I was in quite a bit of pain as well, as I had in fact lost my best friend in that process too.
I shivered, as even though I was in fact holding on to Eagle, as his fur at the exact same time as well, did warm me up quite a bit. I felt cold, just due to the fact, as to all that was going on right now, and just what it was that had even happened in the very first place any ways, as I then dipped my head quite a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to what else it really was that I should do right now. I began breath in quite a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I all of the sudden, all at once, then heard the voice of Oister start to speak up from behind me.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then lifted my head up, all at the exact same time as well, as I then looked over at her, still a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways. I saw Oister then nod to me all at the exact same time as well, as I looked at her for just a little bit longer, until I too, then all of the sudden nodded back to her, to let her know that she had my full attention on her right now. I could tell that it had made her feel just a little bit better, as she then all of the sudden did in fact start to speak up to me, and I then did in fact begin to listen to what it was that she even had to say to me at the exact same time as well.
"Alright every one... We need to stay strong right now, okay? Some one needs to take Eagle back to the cave, and I want about half the tribe to stay back and protect the cave... The other half of the tribe, needs to come with me, and see if they survived." She said to every one, as I could tell that a lot of the tribe was still in a bit of some shock, as to what it was that had just happened in the very first place any ways, which I really did not blame them for any of that either, as I could tell that many of them still did not have a clue as to just what it was that was going on, or what it was that had even just happened in the very first place any ways.
I saw Oister look at me for just a few moments, as she then looked over to Eagle not to long after that, as she nodded to him, to let him know that she was serious with what it was that she had just said at the exact same time as well. Eagle had his head tilted a bit, as it was clear that he too, just like the rest of the tribe, was a bit lost on what it was that was going on right now, for some odd reason or another, even though he had been the one that had been with me, through all that had just gone on in the very first place, not all too much longer ago.
I was a bit lost at the exact same time as well, though mine was a little bit different than the reason as to what it was for the rest of them, as it was mainly due to the fact that I did not have a clue as to what it was that was even going on right now, after all that had just happened. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I looked over at every one that was around me still, as I then began to breath in quite a bit heavily, all at once none the less, as I did my best to try to regain a bit of some sort of control over my self, and over my thoughts all at the exact same time as well.
That was due to the fact of course, that I then saw Eagle all of the sudden start to walk over to where the rest of the tribe was at right now, as it was clear that he was ready to go back to the cave, as to the fact that he was ready to go and drown him self in quite a bit of some sorrow, as to just what it was that had happened to him in the very first place any ways. I saw a few cats move out of the way, as many of them watched Eagle start to head back to the cave, to go and do what ever it was that he was planning on doing over there, which I had to assume was the fact that he wanted to be alone, so that he could grieve for what it was that he had lost at the same time too.
I saw about half of the cats start to follow them, whilst the other half then all of the sudden had turned their heads over to where it was that I was at right now, right beside Oister, as I saw that Oister had her eyes squinted at all of them, and many of them had their eyes squinted back at her, as it was clear that they were all ready for either one of us to take the lead. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I still was a little bit lost by all of it, but I was starting to manage to regain just a little bit of some sort of control over my self, all at the exact same time too.
Oister had her eyes on me, as I turned my head over to her, due to the fact that I still was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I then all of the sudden saw Oister nod to me, all at the exact same time as well. I was still a little bit lost by it at first, all at once, never the less, until it all of the sudden began to hit me, as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, I gulped just a bit to my self, as I was quite a bit afraid by what it was that I was having to do just now.
I was not used to being a leader, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that I did not have much of a choice but to do what it was that Oister had kind of asked for me to do at the exact same time as well, as I knew that none of the other cats knew the exact area as to where it was that they had heard the cats yelling for help, not all too much longer ago. I began to breath in quite a bit of a heavy sigh, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to be strong right at this very moment in time, as I knew that I had to do this now no matter what, as I then all of the sudden nodded back to her.
Oister looked at me for just a few more moments, with a bit of a sad smile on her face, as if it was the fact that she felt a bit sick that a cat that she was in love with, which felt weird to say about me, was in so much pain right now any ways. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden saw Oister nod over to where it was that she wanted me to take the entire tribe over to right now, which was of course the fact that they had been at the cliff, as that was where it was that they talked a lot over at, as I knew that it was quite a bit of a beautiful view over there at the exact same time as well, so it made sense that the leaders would want to meet over there.
I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, before I then all of the sudden stared over at the cliff that was impossible to see in the back ground, due to all of those trees that were in the way. A single tear then all of the sudden seemed to drop from one of my eyes, though I was not all too sure which one it was, as I then shook those thoughts off as well, and I then started to take the lead for the rest of the tribe that was still here with all of us, as I squinted my eyes over to the trees, as I was angry at the wolves for what it was that they had done.

"Stoneteller! Stoneteller! Stoneteller!" I heard the entire tribe cheering on the name of the new Stoneteller, over and over again, all at the exact same time as well, as if this was some sort of thing that we should be celebrating right at this very moment in time. I could say for a fact, none the less, that this was for sure nothing that I was celebrating about at all, as I was still quite a bit in a lot of pain, as to what it was that I had lost today. It was the evening now, and the stars were out, but that did not stop me from looking down at the graves of the 2 cats that I had lost earlier.
One of those cats being the leader of the tribe, and of course the cat that had taken me to this new home in the very first place any ways, but also, the other cat was a cat that had been my best friend ever since I could remember, since I had been quite a bit of a young kit, as I could say that for sure. I stared down at the graves for quite a bit of some time, as a few tears dripped from my eyes, all at the exact same time as well. I then lifted my head up, and I stared up at the stars, which seemed to have quite a smile on their faces, as if they were enjoying all of this.
I stared at them for just a bit of some time, as I then all of the sudden began to curse at them, as to the fact that they had made me lose even more, more stuff that it felt like I had worked my hardest to try to get to, and to try to find for quite a bit of some time. Perhaps it would have been a whole lot better for me, if I had simply just stayed back at my two leg nest, and lived out all of my days over there. Maybe then I would have not lost all of those cats. Maybe then, Owl would have a father that would be able to raise him, and none of this would have ever happened.
I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit lost in my head still, but I got my focus off of that, due to the fact that I then all of the sudden felt a cat brush against my fur, all at the exact same time as well. I turned my head around, a bit lost by it, as it felt like I really did not have any thing left with me any more. Some one was trying to calm me down, and try to make me feel a bit better, and I knew it, though I was not all too sure as to how much that it would help me just now.
I turned my head over to the cat who was doing such a thing, as I was a little bit lost by it, all at once, as at first I might have thought that it had been Oister, as it had seemed like we had got a lot closer over today, as she had helped me manage all of my grief, all at the exact same time as well, which I was in fact quite a bit grateful for none the less, as well. But to my surprise, it was in fact not Oister at all, that had rubbed their fur against mine, as it was instead, Eagle, as I saw that he still had quite a bit of a look of pain on his face at the exact same time as well.
I titled my head, as I was a little bit lost as to what it was that he was even doing right now, as I felt like this should be his time to celebrate as to the fact that he was the new leader of the tribe, and that he was the new Stoneteller, as after all, that was what it was that every one was cheering his name for right now after all, surely right? I blinked my eyes just a few times, due to the fact that I was quite a bit lost by it, as I then all of the sudden noticed that all of the voices had all of the sudden managed to stop talking, all at the exact same time as well.
I kept my head tilted, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was happening right now, if I was going to be completely honest with my self, as I was too busy wallowing in my own misery before all of this had seemed to happen at the exact same time too. As I looked at Eagle, or rather Stoneteller, with a bit of a lost look on my face, I then all of the sudden began to notice as to the fact that all of the cats in the tribe were all staring at me, at this very moment in time as well. I gulped a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too.
Stoneteller then all of the sudden, began to nod to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he had wanted me to go and step up, and speak to the entire tribe, all at the exact same time as well, which I was not all too sure about all of that, all at the exact same time as well. It seemed like I did not have much of a choice how ever, as I saw that the entire tribe had their eyes on me right now, as I saw a look of pride in the faces of a lot of the cats.
I was not all too sure as to what it was that they were proud of right now how ever. I was a little bit lost by it for just a little while longer, until it then hit me, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact as to why they were so proud of me in the very first place any ways, as I realized that they thought that I was the one that had saved Eagle, and brought him back home, in 1 piece none the less. That was not the case how ever, as I felt like I should let it be known, as I then started to feel a little bit of strength take over me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then began to speak up, all at the exact same time too, to every one.
"I am not the hero today... Storm is the real hero!"