Chapter 19: Strong Branches

I looked at the cat for just a bit of some time, as I was just a little bit lost as to what it was that he was getting at in the first place. Based off of the look that I saw on his face, it was clear that it was important how ever, as I was sure that I needed to hear what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
I was just a bit worried as to what it could be, just because I felt like it might be some thing to do with his kit, and some thing about him leaving, and asking me to take care of it. I was not all too sure as to why I was thinking those kinds of thoughts, as I knew that the cat loved his kit to death, but I still could not help but to have a bit of an inkling of suspicion about all of it.
I shivered, as I knew that the cat loved his kit, so why would he ask me to take care of the kit? Where was it that he planned on going? I shivered, as I did in fact like the kit, but at the same time too as well, I felt like I had a path my self, that I must take care of, as I did not think that I would have the time, nor the patience to take care of a kit.
I was not too much older since the stages of me being a kit, so I was not even sure as to where it was that I should even get started. Also there was the fact that I still felt like I needed to get better at hunting, and if he did kick me and the kit out, I felt like we would both starve, due to that fact.
I felt like I would have to give the kit away, as for one thing, I was not going to be able to feed it, but there was also the fact that I still needed to go up the sun trail, and over to the place that the cat had told me to go in my dreams. If I had a kit with me, I knew that the kit would slow me down.
For one thing, I still was not used to having to trek so much in one day, but also the fact that I would have to take care of a kit at the same time too, that only made me feel even more scared than I had been before. I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts.
I was not all too sure as to why I was thinking that way in the first place any ways, as he had not said a word about any of that to me, and I had just got to that assumption my self. It was as if I thought that every parent was going to be like my parents, which I felt could not be true at all, as I was sure that there were some perfectly happy families some where.
Some where not in a two leg place how ever, as I knew that the two legs gave away kits as soon as a she cat gave birth to them. Soon after, the two legs would take them to some place where they would make it to where the she cat could not have any more kits ever again either, no matter how hard the she cat tried to do so.
I felt sick, as I knew that there was a lot of powers that the two legs had, that I did not know about, nor did I really want to know about either, as they kind of scared me, the more that I thought on them, as that was a lot of the reason at the exact same time too, that I had left my home in the first place, so that I could go and live free to my self out in the wild.
I shook my head, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I was sure that there were some happy families out in the wild some where, right? How did cats come to be in the first place, if that was not the case at all? I shivered, as I tried my best not to think on all of that all at once either.
I then lifted my head up, and I looked at the cat that was staring at me at this very moment in time. For some odd reason or another, he had a bit of a sad look on his face, as I wondered that if my theory about him asking me to take care of his kit had in fact been correct in the first place, just based off of the pain that I saw in his eyes.
I tilted my head a bit, as I was not all too sure as to what was going on with Frank right now, as I felt like I should say some thing to calm the poor cat down, but I just was not all too sure as to what it was that I should say, as I still did not know the cat all too well, if I was going to be completely honest with my self at the same time too.
I blinked a few times, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I then nodded to Frank at the exact same time too, to let him know that I was about to speak up to him. I saw Frank blink his eyes just a few times at me, but in the end, he did in fact eventually nod right back over to me, to let me know that he was listening to what it was that I had to say, as I now felt safe to speak to him, and I did in fact do such a thing as well.
"What is it that you have to say to me?" I asked the tom cat, as I dipped my head to the ground at the exact same time too, as I was kind of afraid for some odd reason or another, as to what it was that he was about to say to me in the first place, as I almost was tempted to ask him not to tell me as to what it was that he had in his mind.
I was way too scared that he was going to ask me to take care of his kit, as it did not make all too much sense to me at the same time either, as I had in fact told him about the cat that I had seen in my dreams, and I had also told him that he had told me that I needed to follow the sun trail, which I still was not all too sure as to what it was that the cat had meant by it in the first place.
I let out quite a soft sigh, that was almost a loud sigh at the exact same time too, as I stared at the cat, with my head held a bit low to the ground still, as I was fairly interested in what it was that he had to say to me, even if I was kind of scared as to what it was that he was about to say to me in the first place any ways.
I gulped just a little bit, as I had my eyes on him, but I also had my eyes on the ground at the same time too, as I saw that I was looking at a pond, and also at the same time as well, as I could see a bit of a reflection from the pond, I saw that there were stars in the sky, which did not seem to mean all too much to me at all if I was going to be completely honest with my self.
Well... Of course, that was until I seemed to all of the sudden see that the stars in the sky were moving, and they were moving in to a spot that it seemed to be drawing a cat in the sky, which did not make all that much sense to me at the same time too, as it kind of felt like I was going crazy.
I lifted my head up, and looked at the sky to see if it was true, but as I did in fact do as such a thing, I saw that the stars were in the normal shape that I had seen just a few moments ago. Perhaps I was going crazy, as I was not all too sure as to what else it could be, as I knew that I had got plenty of sleep over the last few nights.
I let out another soft sigh to my self, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts all at once at the same time as well, as I then looked back over to Frank, still a bit lost as to what was going on, and what it was that he had to say to me in the first place, as it seemed like that was why he had taken me here in the first place.
I blinked a few times, as I knew that we were near a pond, and I still felt like I had a bit of a lingering suspicion that he had taken me here so that he could kill me on the spot, and then drop my body in to the pond. I was not sure as to why I was thinking as such a thing, as it was clear to me that was not the case, as he would have attacked me at this point.
There was also the fact that I knew that this cat was a good cat, which still confused me as to why I was thinking the thoughts as to him asking me to take care of his kit for him. Perhaps he had to go on a journey him self, or perhaps I had come here to tell him about the fact that he needed to be the one that had to follow the sun trail.
That did not make all too much sense to me at all how ever, as the cat could have just easily gone in to his dream and told him that, and also the fact at the exact same time too, that the cat kept on coming in to my dreams, even after the fact that I had gone up and met the cats the lived in the barn.
I shook off all of those thoughts, as I did my best to try not too think on it too deep at the same time too, as I got my focus back on Frank finally, as I saw that he now seemed to have his eyes on me, after quite a bit of some time of silence, and the time that the both of us had to think to our selves, though I was not so sure if that had really helped me all too much.
I blinked a few times, as I then all of the sudden saw Frank nod, as he did in fact let me know that he was about to speak to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, but in the end, I did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that I was listening as to what it was that he had to say in the first place, as he then began to speak, and I of course, did in fact listen as to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Kettle... I know your friend Ben... He and I were once friends too... He also took me to the cat that you told me all about, that was named Night..." He said to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, as I blinked at the same time too. I felt like it should not be all too much of a surprise to me how ever, as I had kind of noticed a bit of a strange look on his face when I had brought up the name of Ben. It all made sense to me so far, as I knew that Night had told me that Ben had taken a lot of cats to the place that she lived at. I wondered if Ben did in fact view me as a friend the more I thought on that, or if he just thought of me as a job that he needed to do, to take me to Night. I let out a soft sigh how ever, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts at the exact same time as well. It still felt like there was some thing oddly strange about what it was that he was saying to me, as he seemed to have a bit of a weird tone of voice. I kept my head tilted at the tom cat, as I nodded for him to continue on with where he had left off in the story. Frank looked at me for just a few moments, as he let out quite the heavy sigh all of the sudden, but in the end, he did in fact nod right back over to me, as he then all of the sudden continued to speak to me, as I then listened just as I had been doing before, as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place. "I also knew your mother... Because... Me and her were once mates... Kettle... I am your father..."
I looked at the cat for a few moments, as I was almost tempted to laugh at what it was that he had just said to me in the first place. Surely the tom cat had to be joking right? Ben had told me that my father had ran off a long time ago, and my mother, I had not a clue as to what had happened to her.
I blinked a few times, as I held in my laugh. Maybe the tom cat just liked me a lot, and he did not want me to leave, so he was trying to take the fact that I did not know who my father was to his advantage. I had been tempted to ask to stay any ways from time to time, so perhaps he had not had to do that at all.
I tilted my head a bit, as I looked at the cat for just a few moments, as it looked like he had quite a dead serious look on his face, and I was not sure if he actually was lying to me. He very well could be telling me the truth for all that I knew. It did not make much sense though, as I had been told that my father had never met me, as he had left my mother before she had even given birth to me.
To me that just sounded like a bad father, and from what I had found from him so far, about him raising Owl, he seemed to be an amazing father, that I wished that I could have always had. I dipped my head a bit low to the ground at the same time too, as I let those kind of thoughts trickle through my head just a little bit.
I shivered, as I stared at the tom cat for just a few moments, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should say back to him at this very moment in time. He had a dead serious look on his face, as it did not seem that he was lying at all, and he actually believed as to what it was that he had said to me in the first place.
I gulped just a bit, as I was still not all too sure, and I felt like at the exact same time too, I did not want to go off of some thing that he said, as he had also told me that I needed to go after my destiny, which was of course the thing that I had seen, and I had heard from in my dreams, 'the sun trail'.
I kept my head tilted at Frank, to let him know that I was in fact quite a bit lost as to what it was that he was trying to say to me in the first place, as it was clear that he could tell that I did not believe a word that he had said to me in the first place. I kind of felt like I did how ever, but I was just trying to see if he had a guilty look, that might let me know if he was lying.
He kept quite a straight look on his face how ever, as I was still a bit shocked by it. After a few more moments how ever, I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I shook my head just a little bit at the same time as well, as I did my best to try and shake out all of those thoughts from my head all at once as well.
I stared at him for a little while longer, but eventually I kind of gave up, as I then nodded to the tom cat, to let him know that I was now ready to speak back to him. Frank looked at me for just a little bit longer, with the same blank look on his face, but in the end, he did in fact eventually nod right back over to me.
I gulped a bit, as I was not all too sure if whether or not he was lying, as it seemed like he actually believed as to what it was that he had said to me. I was tempted to dip my head a bit low to the ground, to give my self some time to think, but I knew that I had just nodded to him, to let him know that I was going to speak, so I did my best to try to stay strong, as I did in fact begin to speak to him in the end.
"How do I know you are not lying to me right now? I have a hard time understanding as to why you would lie, but still..." I said back to him, once again trying to see if he had a guilty look, and to see if he was lying to me in the first place, but I just saw that he had the same look on his face that he had before.
It was kind of a blank look, but at the same time too, it was also kind of a look that was truthful to me. It kind of scared me all at once, as I did in fact remember that when I was younger, I had dreams of some day going out and finding, and meeting my parents, but I gave up on all of that, as I knew that I was stuck in a two leg place.
I did not remember any thing when I was younger, as my first memories had been me being in the two leg place, and the young two leg who seemed to have a lot of affection for me at one point in time, as I knew that it was no longer true at all, used to go up to me and rub my belly in my most favorite place for it to be rubbed.
I remember that my old friend, that left to go live out in the wild a long time ago just like I was now, had told me that I had once had parents as well, and they most likely had their children taken away by the two legs, as the two legs could not handle having more than just a few cats in their den all at the exact same time.
I shivered, I was starting to think that it might all be different than what it was that I had always thought it to be, especially with what Ben had told me, about my parents dropping me off at a two leg place, and going their own separate ways on me. I was never all too sure as to what it was that he had meant by that.
He had told me that my father had gone out side, to go live out in the wild, such as I had always wanted to do, and he had said that my mother went some where else to live her life out as a rogue in the two leg place, and that Ben had not heard from either of them ever since they had done as such.
The story that Frank was telling me, it just seemed to good to be true, as I did my best to shake off all of the thoughts that were going through my head about what it was that might have happened to them. If this was true, than Frank was my father, and maybe this was what the old cat had meant by the fact that I needed to follow the sun trail to go home.
I had not really followed a sun trail, but if Frank was my father, than I think that I might have just found my home. I had a big smile on my face at the same time too, as I let all of those thoughts go through my head. It really felt like every thing was going right for me the last few days, besides the fact that I had almost lost my eye.
That was nothing, and it was worth it if all of this was in fact true, as I was so happy, and so excited, I was about to jump up high, and fly up in to the sky at the same time too. I nodded a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to stay strong through all of this, and do my best to try not to freak out.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I could not help but to think on the fact that I was now actually very happy for the first time in my life, and it really felt like things were looking up for me too. I blinked a few times, as I then began to hear Frank start to speak to me, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts at the same time too.
I saw that Frank had nodded to me, and I was a bit lost and a bit surprised at first for some odd reason or another, but in the end, I did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that I was going to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place. As Frank saw me do such a thing, he then continued to speak to me, as I then in fact did listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"Follow me... I will show you, that I am your father..." He said to me, as I was still a bit lost as to what it was that he had meant by that in the first place, as I still had a little bit of a lingering suspicion for some odd reason or another, that he had taken me to this place, so that he could kill me.
I blinked a few times, as I was fairly certain that it was not the case at all, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to me able to shake off all of those thoughts from my head all at once as well. I smiled just a little bit to my self, as felt like this was all true, and it felt like it was every thing that I had always dreamed of.
At least, it was every thing that I had always dreamed of when I was a lot younger, as I had cleared off all of those thoughts at some point, due to the fact that I had thought that I would never get to meet my family. It seemed like I had been wrong how ever, as Frank was in fact my father, surely right? Surely he was not making that up?
That meant that Owl was my brother, which was besides the point, but it felt like there was no reason to leave such a safe place that I was at, at the barn, if all of this was in fact true. It was a nice place to live, as it let me go out in the wild when ever I felt like I wanted to, and also it let me have a safe place to stay for the night, and a steady supply of food as well.
Frank was a smart cat to choose this place to live at, as his entire story made so much sense to me now, the more that I thought on it. He knew Ben, and he knew Night, and the story lined up to the fact that Ben had told me that he had taken my father to Nights place, just like he had done to Frank, who was certainly my father.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I then blinked just a few times, as I stared right at Frank, as I thought on what it was that he had said to me in the first place, just a few moments before now. What had he meant by the fact that he had said that he was going to prove to me that he was in fact my father.
I was quite a bit lost still, as I saw at the exact same time too, that Frank was walking up the the same pond that I had looked in to not too long ago, to look up in to the sky, to see all of the stars that were up there. I did my best to shake off the thoughts of what it was that I had seen the stars doing how ever, as I knew that stars were not living creatures.
I then began to follow Frank, as I saw him suddenly stop right in front of the pond, as he stared right in to the water that was below him. I blinked a few times, but I did in fact stop right beside him, not all too sure as to what it was that I should be doing right here, as I was still a bit scared that he might attack me for some odd reason.
I flinched just a bit all of the sudden, as I saw Frank suddenly lift his head up to me, as it kind of scared me just in the slightest, as I was a bit on edge at this very moment in time. Thankfully he did not seem to notice, or either he had just not cared, or maybe even the fact that he did not blame me for being so off at this very moment in time.
Frank looked at me right in to my eyes, as I could tell that he actually believed that he was telling me the truth in this story, and that there was no reason for him to lie either. It made me feel just a little bit more better, and a bit more safe at the exact same time too, as I then saw him suddenly nod to me.
I was a bit lost on the reason that he had in fact nodded to me, but as I saw him look down in to the water. I was not too sure as to what it was that I should be doing at first, but I then felt like a little bit of an idiot, as I then all of the sudden looked down at the water, such as he was doing at this very moment in time.
I was a bit lost, as I could see the stars once again, up in the night sky, but they did not move at all, such as they had done the last time I had looked. It did not come as to much of a surprise to me at all either, as I knew that it did not make sense to see stars move around in the sky, much less from the reflection that I saw from the pond.
Perhaps that was only due to the fact that the water was rippling a bit, and I had miss seen what it was that I had saw in the first place. I shook off all of those thoughts, as I knew that it was besides the point, and it had nothing to do with the reason that I was standing here with Frank at this very moment in time, who had just told me that he was my father.
I looked at the reflection for just a little bit more time, as I then suddenly saw that it was me and Frank that were standing beside one another. I still was not all too sure as to what it was that was so special about all of it, as I then suddenly saw some thing move in the water, which at first I had thought to be a fish, which got me off of the subject that I was on in the first place.
I always imagined catching a fish, and tasting what it was the it tasted like, as I knew that I got a bit of the taste from some wet food that the two legs had given me at one point, but that was not the full taste that I had always wanted. I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I knew that they did not help me at all right at this moment.
I then sighed a bit to my self, as I then got my focus back on to what it was that I had really seen, as I saw that there was some thing that seemed to be a bit different in the reflection that I was looking at now. It took me just a few moments to get a grasp on what it was that it could be in the first place as well, as I was still a bit lost.
As I looked for just some more time, I then realized as to what it was, as I saw that for some odd reason or another, he had the same scar on the same eye that I had. I was a bit lost at first, as I could tell that it was quite an obvious scar to see, and I was not all too sure how I had missed it at first.
I blinked a few times, as I then turned my head over to Frank, as I saw that his head was still at the pond, as I saw that he had quite the sad look on his face at the exact same time too, as it looked almost like it was a look of regret. I was not so sure as to what it was that he might regret, as he lived in an amazing place, and lived an amazing life as well.
I was not so sure as to what else the cat could ask for at this point, as I knew that he also had a kit. At the same time too, I was starting to actually wonder if he might have both of his kits with him right now. Could I actually be his kit? Could this tom cat actually be my father? He really did not look all too much old, but at the same time too, I also knew that I was still quite a bit young, even if I was not considered a kit any more.
I shook off all of those thoughts, as I looked back in to the eyes of the room cat, as the whole reason that I was looking at him in the first place, was to see if he had that scar that I had, that I had seen in the reflection of the water in the pond. I blinked just a few times as well, as for some reason, I did not see the scar that I had seen a few moments before now.
I was looking at both eyes, and I did not see a single thing that might signify that he in fact did have that scar. I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I felt like I was going crazy, or perhaps there was just some thing a bit odd, and a little bit mysterious with this pond that we were at right now.
I gave up on trying to spot the scar at this point, as I instead looked over to the pond water once again, to try to see as to what it was that Frank was looking at right now, that had him just a little bit of kilter at this very moment in time right now, as I then began to stare back in to the pond once again.
It took a few moments, as I could in fact see a few ripples, that might signify that my theory about me seeing the cat in the sky could in fact be true as it just had been a misconception that I had seen with my own eyes, but as to my own surprise, the scar that I had seen from Frank a few moments ago, was now gone, as I felt like I was going crazy.
I shook off all of those thoughts, as I stared at the both of us in the pond water for just a little while longer, as I saw that nothing was moving any more, and all seemed to be going back to normal. I let out a bit of a sigh of relief, as I then turned my head over to where I could see Frank on the other side of me.
But to my surprise, I did not see Frank at all in fact, as I saw my self. I was a bit lost at first, as I thought that perhaps I was just tired, and I was looking at my self, as I then turned my head over to where I actually was at, and I saw that the face that was in front of me, was the face of Frank, which kind of freaked me out, as I had not a clue as to what was going on at this very moment in time.
I shook my head, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts, as I knew that surely I was not going crazy, as there had to be a reason as to why he had taken me to this pond, as it was clear that there was some thing special about the pond that I was at, at this very moment in time, as the pond seemed to have some sort of hidden super powers.
I tilted my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts, as I saw that we were in the same place that we had been just before all of this. It was clear that the pond was trying to tell me some thing, but I just was not all too sure as to what it was that it could be trying to tell me in the first place any ways.
I turned my head over to Frank, as I kept my head tilted to him at the exact same time too. I felt like I might actually be going crazy, and it was kind of starting to scare me just a bit, as I did my best to calm my self down just a little bit at the very least, as I let out quite a heavy sigh to my self suddenly.
Frank seemed to notice that I had got my eyes locked on him, as he then turned his head over to me all of the sudden, as I saw quite a sad smile on his face for some odd reason or another too, as if he had some sort of regret, which I was not all too sure as to what it could be that he could be regretting in the first place, as to me, it seemed like he was living his best life.
I breathed in a bit heavily to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as possible. The pond had shown me some thing, and I was fairly certain at this point, that Frank was not lying to me at all right now. A lot of strange things had been seeming to happen to me over the last few days, so it did not come to any surprise to me that this would be one of those things.
I locked eyes with Frank, for some bit of time, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should say to him in the first place. I knew that the cat was not lying to me at all, but I was just a bit lost as to how it was that he might have known that I was his missing kit. I also was hurt by the fact that I was in fact his missing kit as well, as I was not all too sure as to why he had left me before I had even been born.
I shook my head at the same time too how ever, as I already knew the answer to that question. It was the same reason that I had left the two legs, and the same reason as well, that I had left my old friend Ben behind. I had seen some thing in my dreams, and it had told me that I needed to come to this place that I was at right now. I was starting to realize now, as to what the reason was to that too.
I had never really believed in a place that cats went when they died, but I was starting to believe that all of the stories that I had been told when I was much younger, to cats that some times came to my place, might have in fact been true, even though I used to just laugh off the stories that the cats used to tell me.
I felt a bit bad for that now, as I was starting to think that all of it might in fact be true now, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, and I then blinked a few times at the exact same time too, as I realized where it was that I was at, at this current moment in time, and all that was going on as well.
My father, he was staring at me, right in to his eyes at this very moment, and it felt surreal, as none of it seemed to be true at all. It was every thing that I could have ever imagined, all happening at once for me. I had always dreamed of having parents, and it turns out, that I did in fact have parents that were with me in the first place.
I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I looked at Frank for just a bit longer, as he all of the sudden nodded to me, as I was kind of glad for it too, as I had been far too lost in my own thoughts at that very moment. I blinked a few times once again, as in the end, I did in fact nod right back over to my father.
He stood there for a little bit longer, as I waited for him to speak up to me, but as time seemed to roll by very slowly none the less, it did not seem like he was going to speak up to me at all for some odd reason or another. It seemed like he was wanting me to speak, so that he could respond to what it was that I had to say, or what ever questions that I had to ask him at the exact same time too.
I was not going to lie, I had a lot of questions at this very moment in time, but for some odd reason, there was only really one question that I felt like asking, as it was not really a question that helped me all too much either, which I was not all too sure as to why that thought was even coming in to my head in the first place any ways.
I shivered, as I shook off those thoughts how ever, as I figured that I may as well ask the question, as it seemed like we had all of the time in the world right now, to just enjoy all of this, and enjoy the life that I thought that I might have with him. That was when, finally, I felt that it was now safe for me to speak to him, which I did in fact do as such.
"Did you love my mother?" I asked him, as it was a bit of a short, sweet, and special question that I felt like I really needed an answer to. I was fairly certain at this point, just based off of the fact that Ben had told me that she went to go live some where else in the two leg place, that I would never get to meet my mother, but I was in fact kind of interested to hear what it was that she was like, and what kind of cat that she was at the exact same time too. I blinked a few times, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I then looked at Frank, right in to his eyes, as I suddenly saw him nod to me, as it seemed like it was a bit of a painful nod as well, as it seemed like he had a lot of regret, perhaps some sort of regret that he had left my mother. I still felt a bit hurt by it, but if what he had told Ben was in fact true, than I felt like I really could not blame him for all of it how ever. I let out a bit of a soft sigh all of the sudden, as I did my best to just shake off all of those thoughts, as I then nodded to Frank, to continue on with what it was that I had to say. I felt like I had an even better question that I needed to ask him now, as this was the real question that I had in my thoughts for quite a bit of some time over the past few days. I gulped just a bit, as I saw him nod back over to me, as I was still a bit afraid to say what it was that I was about to say, but I felt like there was no harm in trying, as this was a better chance then ever to ask the question, now that I knew that this cat was in fact my father. I finally then began to speak to him, after just a little bit more time of some silence, as I could tell that he was listening as to what it was that I had to say as well. "Could I live with you? I think the place that you live at is beautiful... And... You are my father after all... I promise that I will be some kind of help to you..."
I said it, with quite a sad look on my face at the same time too, as I felt a bit bad for it, but I was kind of trying to guilt trip him in to the fact that he had no other choice but to tell me yes. I just could not help but do such a thing how ever, as I loved the place that he lived at, as it was every thing that I could have ever asked for all at once.
It was a safe place, and a very comfortable place to lay my head down for the night every night none the less, and I also could go out and explore the wild when ever I wanted to, so long as I made sure that I could track the way back to the home. I closed my eyes for just a bit of some time, as I felt like I could not help but to get some sort of excitement from all of this, even though  he still was yet to make a decision on it, on whether or not he was going to tell me yes, or maybe tell me no.
I let my imagination flow through my mind all at once, as I had quite a big smile on my face at the exact same time too. I could only imagine living the best life that I had ever asked for, out in the wild, hunting for some prey, and bathing in the sun. Maybe even going to go out and a take a swim out in the water at the same time too.
I knew that most cats hated the water, so perhaps that was just a fantasy of mine, to have cats swim with me out in the water, but I could not help but to dream all of it to be true how ever, as it was all that I had ever wanted, and all that I had ever asked for. It all seemed to be going true for me at the exact same time too, at a very fast rate none the less as well.
I breathed in quite the heavy sigh to my self, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts from my head at the exact same time too, as I then opened my eyes finally, only too see quite a sad look on the face of Frank, as if he did not want to be my father, and maybe he even had a bit of some sort of regret for telling me all of that in the first place.
I did my best to try to not get upset by that, and try not to make assumptions none the less, as I then blinked just a few times, to clear out all of those thoughts from my head all at once, as I got my focus back on the present, and back on Frank, as I saw him nod to me all of the sudden.
I had my head tilted just a little bit, but it was clear that he was about to speak to me, and perhaps answer a lot of the questions that I had going through my head at the exact same time too, though he had quite the sad look on his face, as if he had some sort of regret in all of this, which kind of hurt me a bit, as I was not going to lie
I did in fact nod back to him after a little while longer, as I did my best to try not to get too freaked out, nor try not to make too many assumptions none the less. After just a bit more time too, Frank did in fact finally begin to speak up to me, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh, which almost felt heavy to me, as I then did in fact finally begin to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"I am sorry Kettle... I am going to have to say no to that..." He said to me, as I was a bit surprised by the response, but my reaction to what it was that he had just said to me, was an instant bit of some pain, as it hurt me quite a bit as to what it was that he had said. I did not understand as to why he had said it in the first place. I was not so sure as to why he would have even told me all of that, if he knew that I was going to ask him that question in the first place, and be knew what it was that his response was going to be over to it as well, as I felt quite a bit of a slice of pain in my heart, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground. He had got my hopes up, only to tell me that he was not going to let me live with him in the barn with him and my brother. It hurt me a lot, as I did my best to try not to get too angry about it at the exact same time too, as I almost wanted to growl at Frank. I suppose it was his own decision in the end, but he had really got my hopes up to only let me down. I sighed just a little bit to my self, but also a bit out loud so that he could hear what it was that I had done in the first place. He seemed to ignore it how ever, as it seemed like he had not cared all too much as to the fact that I had done such a thing, as I then heard him finally begin to speak up to me once again, after quite a bit of some time of silence, and some time for me to think to my self. I did my best to stay strong at the same time too, as I lifted my head up, and I kept a bit of a blank look on my face, as I then began to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place any ways. "I am sorry... But you told me the story about you being told to go to the sun trail, and it seems a lot like the story that I was told to go out in to the wild... I just wanted to tell you this before you went out and left us... Please do not tell Owl this... That is all that I ask..."
I looked at him for quite a bit of some time, as I was not all too sure as to how it was that I should respond to what it was that he had said to me in the first place. It all seemed to be coming at me all so fast, at the same time too though, it seemed like I was being attacked from all different directions, even though the cat that had said it to me, was one single cat, that was right in front of me right now.
I suppose, I had to be talking about all of the voices that were in my head at this very moment in time, as a lot of them were telling me that I should get angry at Frank, and give him a bit of a verbal attack, as to the reason that he had got my hopes so high up, only to take me down to the ground with what it was that he had just said to me.
I almost wanted to cry, as I was not all too sure as to how else that I should be taking all of this right now, as it was a lot of pain, and a lot of things that I still did not understand, that it was quite a bit obvious as to what it was that he had said to me, and why he had left me and my other in the very first place.
I had been told by Ben, that the both of them had been happy when she had found out that she was pregnant with me, as they had talked all about all of the wonderful adventures that they would go on with me, and the time that they would spend together, to help raise me in the right, and also a bit of a happy environment as well, as I was not all too sure as to why Ben had told me that in the first place.
I let out quite the soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I still was not all too sure as to what was even going on with me at this very moment in time in the first place, as I let out a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, and I then I looked back up to Frank, after just a little while longer, as I simply just nodded as a bit of a response to him.
I was not all too sure as to how it was that I should respond to him, as if I was going to be frank with my self, I was not all too sure that I did in fact want to go down the sun trail that I had been told to go to in my dreams. I wanted to stay at the barn, and live out my days at such an amazing place such as the one that they were at.
I had my head dipped down to the ground, as I was trying to shake off all of those thoughts for quite a bit of some time. Luckily, some thing else seemed to shake off all of those thoughts for me, at least, if you wanted to call that lucky, as I heard the howl of coyotes from not all too far away from us, which nearly scared me to death, as I suddenly lifted my head up right away, and I looked over to Frank, not all too sure as to what it was that we should do at this very moment in time.
I saw quite the look of surprise on the face of Frank too, as I could tell that he was just as lost as I was, as I could tell that he was freaking out quite a bit, as it was clear that he had not thought this through, as to the fact that it was the middle of the night, and that was the most dangerous time for all sorts of scary creatures to be out.
Much less coyotes, as I knew that they were a lot faster, and a lot stronger than we were, even if I had not seen one with my own eyes before, I did in fact believe all of the stories that I had been told about them, as it made me shiver quite a bit, as to the fact that I thought of one getting close to me.
It was almost like the dream that I had a few nights ago, where I had seen the coyotes coming after me, and there was nothing that I could do to stop them at all, as it made me feel a bit sick that the dream that I had, just like the rest of the dreams, might soon become a bit of a reality, as I heard the coyotes begin to howl once again, but this time they were closer than they had been just a few moments ago.
I jumped up just a little, as I began to freak out quite a bit now, as finally at the very least, I did in fact seem to react to the fact that there were coyotes nearby us right now. I shivered, as I still was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do, as I continued to freak out just a bit, as I then turned my head over to Frank, and I began to yell to him at the same time too.
"Frank! Coyotes! What do we do?" I asked him, as I really was not all too sure as to what it was that we should do in the first place, as I had never had to deal with coyotes ever before, and it kind of scared me, as to the fact that they were very close to us at the exact same time as well.
Frank had his eyes wide open, as it was clear that he was quite a bit scared, as he had not a clue as to what it was that we should in fact do, as it seemed like this might be the first time that he had been in a situation such as this one as well, which did not spell any thing good for us at all, I knew for a fact.
Frank stared at me for just a few moments, with quite a bit of a blank look on his face at this very moment in time, as it seemed like he did not have as to a clue as to what it was that we should do, or where it was that we should hide out at none the less, which was beginning to freak me out more and more the more that I thought on it as well.
I looked around for some places to hide, but I really fast not all too sure as to where it was that would be a good place to hide from coyotes. I knew that they could sniff us out, and smell us from thousands of tail lengths away, so I was not all too sure as to the fact that it would help us too much if we tried to hide in a bush, or some thing else such as that.
I let out quite a heavy, and quite a freaked out such at the same time too, as I really did not have a clue as to what it was that we should do at this very moment in time. I was starting to get closer to Frank, as if I thought that we might be able to fight off the pack of coyotes by our selves, which was idiotic thinking.
It was really the only way that I was thinking right now, as I had not a clue as to what else that we should do. I did my best to stay calm, even though it was quite a bit hard for me to do such a thing under the current circumstances that we were in at this moment, as I then finally all of the sudden, heard Frank begin to speak to me.
I blinked a few times, as I then locked my eyes on him. I could tell the he too, was very much freaked out such as I was right now. I let out another soft sigh to my self, as I did my best to stay calm, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me suddenly, as I hoped that he had plans to get us a way out of this.
"Coyotes can't jump high... We need to find some strong branches!"