Chapter 20: I'm Sorry

I looked at Frank for just a little while longer, as I could not help but to have a bit of a frightened look on my face at this very moment in time. This did not seem to be one of these moments at to where I could even pretend to be strong right now, as I was fairly certain that no cat could be strong enough to fight off a coyote.
Well... Besides the original cats that I had been told of by Ben when I was a lot younger, as he had told me that they were huge, and they used to rule the wild until the two legs took over and made them their pets. Due to that as well, he had said that the cats had got a lot smaller and weaker after that, so it might not have been worth the price.
I was not so sure as to why a cat that was that strong, would ever want to live with a two leg, unless they really were a very lazy cat. I still was not all too sure if the story was even true or not, as I had a bit of a reason to believe that it had to be true, due to the fact that Ben was not one to lie to me.
At the same time too, I felt like he could have been lied to some one about that story how ever. I let out a bit of a soft sigh at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it was beside the point, and it did not help either one of us at all at this very moment in time, as we were by no means strong or fast cats such as those cats were.
We could not fight off a pack of coyotes, as there was no point in even trying, as I knew that they would kill us if we did in fact try. I gulped a bit at those thoughts, as I remembered just what it was that we had been doing in the first place, as I saw that Frank was looking all around him, with quite a look of some fear on his face at this very moment in time.
I had forgotten that we were looking for some strong and stable branches for us to jump up on, so that the coyotes could not jump up and catch us from it, and we could hide up there for the night, as the coyotes would eventually give up on us, and by the time that the day light came the coyotes would give up and go back to their homes to sleep for the day.
I was not all too sure as to why coyotes only came out at the night, but I knew that it was true, as here they were out here looking for us right now, as it seemed to be that they were getting closer and closer than they had been before, even though we had not heard a single howl from any of them in quite a bit of some time.
I shook my head, as I felt quite a bit sick and a bit scared, as for all that I knew they could be right up on us at this very moment in time. I shook off those thoughts, as I knew that I had to get my focus on what it was that we were doing at this very moment in time, as we were looking for a safe place to hide, as I continued to follow him out further in to the woods, at quite a fast pace, as it was clear that Frank was freaked out, and he was in a rush at this very moment.
I then nodded a bit to my self, as I began to look all over the place, so that we could see strong branches that would with hold a cat standing on it for a long period of time. We also had to find a branch that would be able to be high enough for the coyotes to not get us from it, and also low enough for us to be able to jump on.
I shivered, as it seemed like we were going by a lot of trees, and I was not having nearly enough time to be able to try to see if there were any safe trees that we could hide up in for the night. It seemed more like, Frank was trying to out run the coyotes, which I knew for a fact was not going to work all too well for us in the end.
I shivered, as I did my best just to try to shake off all of those thoughts, as all of the sudden, I then saw that Frank had stopped for some odd reason or another, as I had not a clue as to what was going on at this very moment in time, as it seemed like he had just all of the sudden given up on finding a place for us to hide.
Frank was staring at some thing, though I could not really tell what it was, due to the fact that it was so dark at this very moment in time. I was starting to get a bit freaked out about that as well, just due to the fact that I was used to being able to see what it was that I was looking at in front of me, and me not being able to see what he was looking at, kind of scared me if I was not going to lie.
Could he perhaps be looking at one of the coyotes? Had it been too late for us, and they had caught up to us? That did not seem to make all too much sense to me, as I had heard the coyotes coming from the other direction that he was looking at right now, so it did in fact have me quite a bit lost, and a bit confused.
I tilted my head, as I then all of the sudden looked at Frank for a little bit of some time, not too sure as to what was going on with him, as he seemed to be stuck. I breathed in quite a bit of a heavy sigh, as I felt like I should speak to him, to get his attention back on to what it was that was going on right now at this very moment in time, which after a little while longer, I did in fact do such a thing.
"What is it Frank? Don't we need to hide soon? I think the coyotes are really close to us right now..." I said to him, as I did not want to jinx it, but at the same time too, I felt like I could not help but to be a little bit worried and a little bit freaked out on all of it, due to the fact that I knew that I knew that they had not been all that far away from us the last time I had heard them howl.
I saw Frank turn his head over to me, as I saw that he had quite a worried look on his face at the exact same time too, as I saw that his eyes were wide, as it was clear that he too was just as scared as I was right now, as to what it was that might be about to happen to us in the next few moments.
I saw Frank nod to me, as he let out quite a heavy sigh at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he was about to speak to me. I blinked my eyes just a few times, but in the end, I did in fact nod back to him, to let him know that I was listening as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place too.
Frank began to let a few words out of his mouth, but it seemed like just as soon as he did that, that was when all of my fears that I had been having over the last few days, had all of the sudden seemed to come true, as I heard the very loud paw steps of a bunch of large animals from not too far away from us, as it was clear that they were getting closer to us.
At first, I had not been all too worried, as I had figured that they might be going to go and look for another animal rather than us, but sadly, that had not been the case at all clearly, as there was no doubt in my mind at this point, that the coyotes were coming for us, and that we did not have much of a chance of getting away from them either.
I looked at Frank right in to his eyes, as he was looking right at where the coyotes were coming from. I could see genuine fear in his eyes, as it was clear that he was not all too sure as to what it was that he should do, nor was he sure as to what it was that he should say to me either.
I let out a bit of a heavy sigh, as this was all that I had really feared about the fact of me going out in to the wild, which was of course, being hunted down and killed by an animal such as the ones that were chasing after us at this very moment in time. I did not even get to live the full life that I had wanted to live out in the wild, but I suppose that I should have seen it coming in the end, as that was what every one had warned me of.
I looked around trying to find some places to hide out at, but it seemed like it was too late at this point, as I did not think that I would even have time to get up on to a branch, before the coyotes were right up on us. I was almost tempted to dip my head to the ground, and just cry my self to death, but I did my best to stay strong, as I suddenly heard Frank begin to step up and speak to me.
I blinked just a few times, but I then got my focus off of the fact that I was trying to look for trees, for some odd reason or another, as I then looked over to Frank, and I then nodded for him to continue on with what it was that he had to say to me in the first place. Frank nodded right back to me, and he did in fact do as such, as I then began to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"You see that tree over there?" He said to me, as I was a bit lost as to what it was that he was talking about, as there were a lot of trees all around us at this very moment in time, and I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should be even looking at right now. I tilted my head just a little bit, as I then saw that Frank had nodded to one tree in specific, which I still was a little bit lost as to what it was that he was trying to show me in the first place. The tree that I saw, was a bit of an older tree, that looked like it might fall over at any day now. I saw a lot of big and strong branches, but I was not too sure just now strong they would be if some thing such as a cat tried to jump on it. The branches were also quite a bit high up at the same time too, as I had never had to jump that high in my life. I was fairly certain that even if I did get on top of that big branch some how, that as soon as I got on it, it would simply just break to the ground. I let out a bit of a loud sigh at the exact same time as well how ever, as I knew that it was our only chance, and our only hope that we had to get out of this alive. I turned my head over to Frank, and I then nodded for him to continue on with what it was that he had to say to me in the first place. Frank blinked his eyes just a few times, but in the end, he did in fact nod back to me, as he then began to continue on with what it was that he had to say to me, as I listened to what it was that he had to say at the exact same time too. "That is our only hope to make it out of here... We need to get over to it fast..."
I looked at Frank for just a little while longer, as I could see a dead serious look on his face at the exact same time too, as I could tell that this was in fact a very serious situation that we were in at this very moment in time, as it should be, as our lives were on the line right now, and it was out only chance for us to be able to save our selves.
I blinked a few times, which felt like every second that I did some thing stupid like that, it was a waste of time, and the coyotes could get up on us at any moment now, as I heard their steps coming closer and closer to us all at the exact same time too. I was sure that they would be right up on us at any moment now.
I breathed in heavily, as I kept my eyes locked on with Frank, as I then all of the sudden nodded to him at the exact same time too, to let him know that I had heard as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place. Frank blinked a few times, as then he burst all the way over to the tree that was a fair distance ahead of us still.
I did not hesitate at all this time either, as I ran after him to follow him all the way over to the tree, as it was starting to hit me a lot harder than before, as to just how important this moment was to us right now, as it was either life or death. I sprinted after Frank, as I could still hear the coyotes drawing closer, but it was slowing down a bit, due to the fact that we too were moving.
Just as we got up to the tree all of the sudden, I saw that Frank stopped, just as he had done a few moments ago. I was just a little bit lost, as I was also quite a bit worn out from all of the running that we had been doing, but I tilted my head at him, letting him know I was a bit confused, as I saw him looking me right in to my eyes.
I was lost, as I had not a clue as to what was going on right now, as Frank all of the sudden nodded to me, as if there was some thing that I should be doing at this very moment. I kept my head tilted a bit at him, as I still was lost as to what it was that he was even getting at, at this very moment in time, as he then turned his head away from me all of the sudden, which had me even more confused then I had been before.
I looked at him for a little while longer, as I then saw just what it was that he was looking at. He was looking at the big old tree that was in front of us, as it was clear that he was telling me that I should jump on to it first, as if he was not the one that had the kit back at home that he still needed to take care of.
I blinked a few times, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at the same time, as I knew that now was not the time to get in to an argument, even if I did think that he needed to jump up before I did. Any moment that we wasted on speaking to one another, I knew was time for the coyotes to catch up to us, and take us down.
I shivered just a bit, as I felt sick to even let those thoughts go through my head all at the same time too, as I then began to look right at the branch that he had been talking about in the first place, as after all, there was no other big branches on this tree like this one, well at least, not this one, that was so low to the ground.
I still was a bit worried that I would not be able to jump up to it, and land on it, as it was very high up, but I knew that it would not matter at all, if I did not at least try, as I knew that every moment that I hesitated on doing so, meant that I could lose my own life. I had one chance, and I knew that I could not blow it by not even using that chance that I had.
I then nodded to my self, as I hunched my self down at the exact same time as well, as if I was hunting for some prey, even though the coyotes were hunting for their own prey them selves, which was of course, us... I blinked a few times, as I then squinted my eyes at the branch that was right ahead of me at this very moment in time.
I knew that I could not waste any more time now, as I then lifted my self up, and I then began to sprint after it, such as I had done that day that I had gone after that rabbit that had been in the fields. This was a bit different than the rabbit how ever, even if I had fallen on a hole that was below the ground.
There was a lot more holes, and spots that would trip and make me fall out in these woods. My mind and my body did not seem to be too focused on any of that how ever, as I kept on running, faster than it felt like I had ever ran before in my life, as I some how managed to dodge all of the holes and all of the roots at the same time too, even though I did not have my eyes on any of them.
As I got close to the branch, that was when I all of the sudden sprung up high in to the sky, landing right on top of the branch quite a bit easily to my surprise at the exact same time too. As I was so surprised, and so much thinking that I would not make it on top of it, that I nearly fell down, due to the fact that I felt like I needed to go further for some odd reason or another.
That was not the case at all how ever, as I felt safe now on top of this branch, though I felt it wobble a bit when I had landed on it. It did not wobble enough to make me freak out, that it was going to follow down on me, and crash down to the ground with me on top of it, luckily enough for me at the exact same time too.
I let out quite a soft sigh, as I was thankful for it, as I then shook off all of those thoughts all at once, at the same time as well, as I remembered that Frank was still with me beneath me, and he had not tried to get up on the branch him self. I knew that the cat was a lot stronger and faster than I was too, as it made sense now as to why he had let me go up first.
It still did not mean that he was safe to go how ever, as I could hear the coyotes closer than they had been before, as this all seemed like it had been the night that I had seen the coyotes in my dreams, as I could hear more and more howling, as it seemed like they were right up on us at this point.
I stared at Frank for a few moments, as I could see the clear look of fear and fright on his face, as it was clear that he was doing his best to keep him self cool, calm and collected at the same time too, as it was clear that he knew just as well as I did, that they were going to be up on him at any moment now.
I began to freak out all at the same time as well, as I remembered what it was that he had told me not too long ago from now, about how he was my father. I did not want to lose my father just as soon as it felt like I had found him. I began to freak out, as I yelled to him loudly, not worried about the coyotes hearing any longer, and they already knew where we were right now, as Frank had a blank look on his face, as he listened to what it was that I had to say to him in the first place.
"Frank! Hurry up! Come up with me, it is safe!" I yelled to Frank, to make sure that he had in fact heard what it was that I had said in the first place, as I felt like if I had said it quieter, that my voice would have been drowned out by the very loud paw steps of the coyotes that were running towards us right now.
Frank looked at me for no longer than just a few moments, as he all of the sudden nodded to me, as he did not say a word to me in response, as it was clear that if he got in to any sort of conversation with me, he knew that it would lead to the down fall of him, which neither he nor I wanted for that to happen to him.
I felt like I could see the scar on his eye that I had seen not too long ago, as it did in fact remind me that this was in fact my father, and my brother was back at home, probably worried to death as to why his father had not come back home yet, as he had gone off with a cat that they still did not know all too well yet.
I had to remember that Owl still did not know that he was my brother, as I shivered at the thought of losing my father that I had spent my whole life it felt like, trying to find in the first place. I shook my head, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time too.
I got my focus back on all that was going on at this very moment in time, as I saw that Frank had gone back a bit, so that he would be able to get some sort of speed, and be able to jump up on top of the branch with me, and land safely, such as I had, though it was my own fault I knew that I had nearly fallen down to the ground shortly after landing safely at the top.
I shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I knew that they did not matter at all right now, as I knew that Frank just needed to at least try to get up to the top with me. I blinked a few times, as I saw Frank getting further and further back, as he was nearly at the perfect distance that he needed to get enough speed to land up top with me.
I smiled just a little bit, as it felt like things were going to end up being okay, and that we were going to be safe, as I looked at Frank right in his eyes. Frank was not looking back at me how ever, nor was he looking at the branch that was in front of him at the same time either, as I was a bit lost as to what it was that was going on with him.
I tilted my head, as I saw him looking in the other direction, where I could hear the coyotes coming from. I blinked a few times at the exact same time too, as I then realized that I no longer heard the coyotes any more, as it felt like we were all of the sudden safe, as I was nearly tempted to jump down from the branch now.
That was, until I looked over at what it was that Frank was looking at right now, as I saw that his eyes were on a lot of some other eyes that were in the distance. Those eyes were a lot bigger than the eyes of a cat too, as it hit me right away, that the eyes that I was looking at, at this very moment in time, were the eyes of a coyote.
I gulped just a bit, as I realized that it was now too late for Frank, as he was not at nearly a safe enough distance to be able to get enough speed on his jump up to the top. I had been way further back than he was right now, and it still had been quite a hard jump for me, meaning that he did not have a chance to be able to make this jump.
Frank clearly knew that as well, as he turned his head over to me all of the sudden, as he then all of the sudden nodded to me at the same time too. I was so lost at this very moment in time, that I did not get a chance to nod back over to him, to let him know that I was listening to what it was that he had to say to me, as it was clear that he was about to speak to me as well.
I blinked just a few times, as I was so lost, but it did not matter all too much to Frank at all, as I then heard him begin to yell to me, as he all of the sudden began to run, just not in the direction over to the tree that I was at right now. I was a bit lost, but I listened as to what it was that he had to say any ways, as he was running off in some other direction away from me.
"I can't get up there Kettle! I am going to have to try to dodge through the trees and hope that I can get them off my tracks a bit so that I can have a chance to come back and run up on the branch with you." He said to me, as I looked at him, a bit lost by all of it, but I nodded to him any ways, even though I knew that his eyes were not on me at all.
I then watched as I Frank began to sprint as fast as I had ever seen a cat go in my entire life, and believe me, I had thought that I had seen cats run fast over the last few days, but that was not any thing compared to how fast Frank was going right now. I knew why he was running so fast at the exact same time as well.
His life was on the line, and not only that, but he had just found out that I was his son, and he had another son that needed him back at his home. I did not want to lose him, and I was scared for him too, as I saw that the coyotes were quick to follow him, as even though they knew that I was on top of the tree branch, they did not look at me at all, as they flew past me.
I had thought about trying to distract them, perhaps by hissing at them, or yelling at them, but I was fairly certain that it would not work, just due to the fact that they were so loud, and they would not hear a single thing that I might try to do to distract them off of my father.
It still felt weird calling him my father, as I was not used to having a father, but it felt nice to call him my father at the same time too, even if I knew that soon from now, he might not be my father at any point, as they way things seemed to be looking, with all of the coyotes that were chasing him down at this very moment in time.
I shivered, as I felt sick even having those thoughts go through my head, as I knew that I had to have a positive out look in all of this. I knew that Frank was going faster than I had ever seen a cat go in my life, but it seemed the the coyotes were going faster, as they saw their prey, and there was no stopping them now.
It was almost as if Frank was the rabbit that I had been chasing the other day, and the coyotes were me. Though I knew that it was a little bit different than that how ever, as Frank knew that they were coming, and the rabbit had not seen me until the last second, and it was just a self defense nature to try to attack back at me.
A pure coincidence, but I was still far too scared to every hunt for a rabbit ever again, after what had had happened early that morning just a few days ago. I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I knew that those thoughts did not matter at this very moment in time, nor did they help me at all, either.
Plus, I was simply one cat that had gone after that rabbit, and there were at least 6 or 7 coyotes going after one small cat, as if that was some how going to feed their entire pack of coyotes. It made me feel sick, as there were plenty of other animals that coyotes could go after, but for some odd reason or another, the coyotes decided the go after us as cats.
What was so good about us? We were not exactly very big, and it was going to be hard to catch us, and take a lot of time as well, plus, surely a cat did not taste all that good right? I blinked a few times, as I let out quite a loud sigh, that I knew no one could hear, as I got my focus on what all was going on at this very moment in time.
All of the foot steps that I had heard, were now a lot further in the distance at this point, as it was clear that Frank had gone a good bit away from all of the coyotes. I hoped that he might find another tree to stay in, and we could just sleep in different areas until the day light came upon us.
That would scare me if that was the case how ever, as I knew that I would fear for his life the entire time that he was not near me, but as long as he ended up being safe, than I was fine with it either way, as I just wanted him to come back with me in the morning, and let me know that it was safe to jump down from the tall tree branch, and head back home.
It still kind of hurt me as to the fact that he did not want me to stay at his place, but that was beside the point at this very moment in time, as I knew as to why he did not want me to stay, as he had told me that I needed to go after the place that I had seen, and I had been told about in my dreams.
I still wondered if the barn was the place that I needed to head over to, but I had some sort of feeling that it was not the place I needed to head over to, as Frank had told me that the cat that I had seen in my own dream, was a lot different than the cat that he had seen in his dream, telling him that he needed to chase out in to the wild.
I dipped my head a bit low to the ground at the same time too, as I wondered if Frank had known from the beginning that he was my father, or if it had taken him some time to come to that conclusion. Perhaps he had a different dream that told him that I was his long lost son from a very very long time ago.
I shook my head, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh at the same time as well, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts, as I knew that they did not help me at all right now, as I knew that I needed to get my focus on Frank for a much different reason than the fact that he was my father, as I was worried for his life.
He had let me go first... Now he was in danger due to that, and that proved that if any thing, he actually must believe that he was my father. I nodded a bit to my self, as I knew that was also beside the point, as I had come to the conclusion at this point, that he was not lying at all, and that the tom cat was in fact my father.
It still had me a bit in shock, just due to the fact that he really was by no means an old cat, and he had already had 2 litters of cats, where only me and Owl had been the only ones that had ended up making it out of both of the litters. He must have felt like he had made a bit of a mistake with my mother, and had done it at far too young of an age.
That was a mistake that I was not going to make, even if I was to find a mate at some point, which Ben had told me that I would some day, but I just had to not be too worried about it. I really was not all too worried about it if I was going to be honest with my self, as I simply just wanted to know what it was like to have a mate in the first place.
I shook off all of those thoughts all of the sudden as I then got my focus back on all that was going on right now, as I suddenly realized that just like I had heard not all too long ago, the paw steps of the coyotes were drawing closer and closer to where it was that I was hiding at on the branches right at this moment.
I could not help but to be afraid, as it seemed like they were now coming after me, meaning that they had already got Frank right? I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I then saw that Frank was at the front of the pack, and that he was a fair distance ahead of them at the exact same time too.
A new form of hope, and life all of the sudden came to me, as I was ready for him to jump up with me to the top of the branch. I could tell that he was worn out, as it was clear that he was not going as fast as he had been just a few moments before now, but at the same time too, I really felt like I could not blame him for it.
I could see the look of clear fear on his face, but at the same time too, I could tell that he was worn out, and he could not make it much longer. Luckily for him at least, he did not have to go much longer, as I could tell that the coyotes were a fair bit behind him, and he could take just a little bit of time to get ready for this jump.
It did not mean that he could get a gasp of air at all, by any means, but it did mean that he had a little bit of time to prepare for this last final hurdle to the end of the line, and to the spot that I was at, waiting for him on top of the branch. I shivered just a bit, as I had some sort of inkling suspicion that some thing was going to end up going horribly wrong, but I did my best to try to shake off those kind of thoughts at the exact same time too.
I watched as Frank got closer and closer, and he did not stop at all to get a good spot on where it was that he wanted to start from, as it was clear that to him, he felt like he was going fast enough, and he had the right line to be able to make the jump to the top of the branch that I was on at this very moment in time.
I breathed in a heavy sigh, as I had to keep my hope in him, as I knew that if he believed that he could do it, than so should I. I blinked a few times, as I got all of my thoughts off of that, as I had to keep my focus on him, just in case he had it kind of the way that I did, where it was hard for him to gain his balance on top of the branch.
I got my self ready for all of that, as I then saw Frank jump up in to the air all of the sudden, at the exact same time too, as I saw the coyotes back at the same place that I had seen them at not too long before now. It was too late for them how ever, as Frank had already made the jump to the top of the branch.
Well I suppose, I should not have spoke too soon, as he in fact had not made it to the top of the spot that I was at on the branch, as it seemed like he had aimed higher up on the branch, as if he might have some sort of fear that he could knock the both of us down, as if I was paying no sort of attention as to what it was that he had been doing.
I felt like a bit of that had been my own fault, as I knew very well that I could have given him plenty of room on the lower side of the branch, but I just had not put too much thought in to it at that time, as that was not what my focus had been on, when I had seen him pop back up in to the clearing.
I shook my head, as I got my focus on Frank, as I saw the spot that he had aimed him self at, as I saw that he had just missed it, but just only by the slightest, and just by a little bit. But, a little bit was all it took to miss in completely, as I then began to go over to Frank, to try to help him catch his balance.
There was no balance for me to help him catch how ever, as I saw that he was holding on to the branch with his claws, while his back legs were hanging low to the ground. I saw at the same time too, that the coyotes were right under neath us now, and they were trying their best to jump up, and pull him down at the same time too.
They were not getting any where close how ever, but that still did not make me feel any more safe at all, as I he might just very well fall down on to them at any moment, and be their dinner for the night too, though I still was not all too sure how one cat, even a cat as big as Frank was, was going to be able to feed all of them.
I shook off all of those thoughts, as I then ran to the aid of Frank, not all too sure as to what it was that I should do to try to help him up top of the branch. I stopped my self right at him, and I held on to his paws, not letting him fall any time soon, as I then began to speak to him in quite a freaked out voice, though I suppose that you could not blame me all too much for it.
"Hold on Frank! I've got you!" I yelled to him, though I was not all too sure if that was true at all. As I really did not have a clue as to how it was that I was going to be able to help him on top on to the top of the branch on the first place, where I was at right now, doing my best to try to hold on to him, and not let him fall down to the coyotes.
He was a very big cat, and it was quite a struggle for me if I was not going to lie. I wondered if me and Owl would end up being as big as him at some point, but I shook off all of those thoughts all at the same time as well, as I knew that it was beside the point at this very moment in time, and it did not help me at all right now, as I was trying to pull him up to the top of the branch that I was at right now.
I blinked a few times, as I tried reaching down with my paws to try to pull him up, but he was just far too heavy, and his body was trying to fall to the ground, making him even heavier, and making it even harder for me to do such a thing. I groaned, as I was doing my best with all of my might to help him, but it almost felt like it was making things a little bit worse.
I sighed a bit to my self, as I then gave up and pulled my self off of him, as I tried to think of some other way that might be able to help lift him up. I just was not all too sure as to what it was that could in fact be able to help him, as I closed my eyes for just a few moments at the same time too, trying to let my imagination roam free for perhaps the first time in my life.
That was when it all of the sudden came back to me at the same time too, when I was a young kit, and I had been stuck on top of the cat tower for a bit of some time, and the two legs had been no where to be seen for quite a bit of some time. I could also recall it being one of my first memories, as I was yelling at the top of my lungs for some sort of help.
Help came right on the way at that exact moment, Ben, my old friend, had came to my rescue, as that was what I had thought had been the reason that I had met him, but as it had turned out not to be true at all, just based off of the fact that my mother had asked Ben to always check on me, and make sure that I was okay.
I kind of wondered if he had got tired of that, and that was the reason that he had let me go out in to the wild, but I shook off those thoughts, as I knew that was not the case at all, as Frank had told me that he had supported him in the idea that he needed to go out in to the wild as well.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I shook off all of those thoughts once again, as I got back to the general narrative that I had been trying to get my self on in the first place, as I got my self back on to the original part of the story, as I then nodded to my self, as I remembered being stuck on the cat tower, and too scared to do any thing.
Ben had ran in to the two leg nest in quite a bit of some fright, which I now realized as to why that was so at this point, as he had lifted me up by the fur that was on top of my neck, and he had pulled me down from the tower quite a bit easily at the exact same time too, as I also then remembered that he had told me that I should do that to another cat if they were to get in to some sort of trouble such as I.
Now... Granted, I was a lot smaller than Frank was right now, but I felt like it might be able to work at the same time too, as Ben would not have told me that unless it was in fact the case. I blinked a few times, as I then opened my eyes all of the sudden, as I looked right in to the eyes of my father, Frank.
I saw some fear in his eyes, but at the same time, it seemed that he was a bit calm, as that calmed me down a bit at the exact same time too, as I then began to do such as it was that I was supposed to do in the first place, just as Ben had told me, and had shown me how to do it when I was so much younger than I was now.
I had to do it fast too, as I could tell that Frank was running out of energy, as I then reached my mouth over to the top of his neck, as I could tell that Frank was a bit lost, and a bit confused as to what it was that I was doing in the first place, but he did not fight back against what it was that I was doing thankfully enough for me, as I knew that it would not help us at all.
At the same time too, I also knew that he really could not fight back against me any ways, as all of his energy that he had left in him, was all going to hanging on to the branch that he was stuck on at this very moment in time. I felt a bit safer any ways, as I then grabbed on to his fur, such as Ben had showed me to do.
It seemed to be working at first, as I seemed to be lifting him just a bit, but at the same time too, it was insanely hard for me to do so at the exact same time too, as he just was so big, and it was taking all of my force to even try to do as such a thing in the first place, as I was trying the best that I could.
I was lifting my self so far back, that I then realized that I was about to make my self fall off of the branch that I was on right now, as just as I was about to do such a thing, I then let go of Frank at the last second, before I made the both of us fall off of the branch, and in to the hungry pack of coyotes that were still waiting for us at the bottom of the branch.
I wish that they would go away from us, so that I would not have to worry about the fact that there were coyotes below us, and I could just let Frank down him self, so that he could land safely down to the ground, but sadly that was not the case at all, and I knew that it was not going to work that way.
The coyotes were very hungry, and they knew that Frank was not holding on to the branch strong enough to land him self at the top, as it was clear that they could tell that he might fall at any moment now. I breathed in heavily, as I let go of Frank, and I did my best to regain my balance at the exact same time as well.
Once I got all of the dizziness out of my eyes, I then got my eyes back on Frank, who I could see was clinging on for his life right now. He did not have any sort of fear left in his eyes now, as I wondered if it was due to the fact that he thought that my plan might actually work for him.
It was kind of a bit strange to me, as I was not all too sure my self, if the plan was going to work at all, but I did my best to try to keep my self calm, as I then began to head back over to him, ready to give it all of my effort, to give one final push to try to lift him self on top of the branch with me.
Just as I got close to him how ever, I then heard Frank begin to speak to me, though I could hear that his voice was weak, as all of his breath, and all of his energy were clearly going to the fact that he was holding on to this branch right at this very moment in time. I blinked just a few times how ever, as I did in fact begin to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the very first place any ways.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner... I love you..." He said to me, as I tilted my head at the exact same time too, as I was a little bit lost as to what it was that he was even getting at in the first place, as it seemed almost as if he was trying to tell me that he was saying goodbye to me, as if he did not have any hope for the last final push that I had.
To be fair, I was a bit worn out, and I was not so sure if I could in fact do it, but I knew at the exact same time too, I at least had to try to do such a thing, as to the best of my ability, even if it did in fact mean that I was going to fall off the branch, and join him in the pit of coyotes that were beneath us at this very moment in time.
At least if the both of us were going to die, than it meant that we would die together, as father and son. I did my best to try to shake off those thoughts, but at the same time too, for some odd reason or another, those thoughts seemed to make me feel good and happy, as I was not all too sure as to why it would make me feel happy that the both of us might die.
I suppose I was just happy, that I now knew that I had a father. Perhaps that was the reason that I had come to this place in the first place, for the both of us to die, and when we did in fact die, than it might mean that we needed to go follow the trail of the sun, to where it might lead us to in the after life, which I now did in fact believe in to be true.
I had a bit of a sad smile on my face, as I saw the same sad smile on the face of Frank, as I wondered what it was that he was thinking at this very moment in time, but at the exact same time too, I also felt like it did not matter all too much as to what it was that he was thinking right now, as I knew that I had to keep my focus, and my thoughts on at least giving some sort of energy in trying to save us both.
I reached my face over to where his spot in his neck was, that I had tried to lift him up at earlier, but just as I tried to do such a thing, that was when I then heard scratching of the branch, as I was a bit lost at first, but I then noticed that Frank was falling further and further to the ground, almost enough for the coyotes to catch him now.
I tried to reach mouth down to grab him at the last moment, as I realized that he was slipping off the branch, but sadly it was simply just too late for me, as I saw him tumble down to the ground, with a bit of a miserable look on his face, even if he did in fact have a smile on that face of his.
I began to freak out, as I looked around as it I expected a magical bird to fly up and catch him, but that was not the case at all sadly, as I saw him land to the ground beneath me, and I then saw the coyotes begin to tear my father apart. I blinked a few times, as none of it seemed to be real at all to me, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do now.
I looked away from the pack of coyotes that were on the ground below me, and I then looked up at the stars, as I saw the cat in the stars that I had seen earlier, as if there was some sort of higher power above, that thought that all of this was some kind of funny joke, as to the fact that just as I had found my father, that it seemed like I had been looking my whole life for, I then just lost him right away.
I hissed at the star that I saw, as I shook my head, and then looked up at it once again, to see that it had now gone away, as if it was simply just some thing to make fun of me about, as if it was a joke to some one that a cat had just lost his father. I squinted my eyes at the spot that I had been staring at for quite a bit of some time, and I then yelled up at the sky all of the sudden, using as much breath as I possibly could, out of the breath that I had left from all that had just gone down in the first place.
"Why?! Why do you do this to me?! What kind of game do you think this is?! Why is this so funny to you?!" I said as I continued to stare up at the sky, as if I expected to find some kind of answer from it at the exact same time too, which sadly was not the case at all, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, in quite a bit of some pain.
Was there really an after life? What happened to cats like me and my father when we died? Did we really just seize to exist? None of it made sense to me, as to why there was some sort of higher power involved in all of this, that seemed to find all of this funny. Maybe they were on the side of the coyotes in this one, as if they were more worried about coyotes having food to eat.
It did not make all too much sense at the same time too how ever, as even if Frank was a very big cat, it did not mean that it would be enough to feed a pack of coyotes any ways, as I was certain that it was not worth the time that it had taken to catch the both of us in the first place any ways.
I stared down at the ground, as I was tempted to join my father down below, as I did not want to live on this world if it meant that I did not have any thing left with me at all. I began to cry, as I knew at the exact same time too, that I had a brother back at the barn, that was probably hoping that his father and his brother would come back soon, and that we both would be fine.
Well perhaps not his brother, as the young kit did not even known that I was his brother in the first place, and I had also made a promise to Frank, to not tell Owl that I was in fact his brother, as it meant that we would grow a bit of a bond, and I might not want to follow the sun trail.
What was the sun trail though? I still was not all too sure as to what the old cat had meant by that in the first place at all, as I knew that he had tried to warn me about the coyotes at the same time as well, but I had just been too stupid to understand as to what it was that it had all meant, and why there were coyotes in my dreams.
It made complete sense to me now, as I knew that just like the barn that I had found, every thing that I saw, and every thing that I had come to find in my dreams had ended up becoming truth all in the end, as I had found the place that I had been shown, and had been told about in all of my dreams at this point now.
Yes... Including this spot where the coyotes had taken my father from me at this very moment in time, and also the spot that I had found by the barn. It all made sense to me now, but I had just been too stupid to realize it, and it was far too late for me now, as I had lost my father, and that was all that had really mattered to me.
I felt sick, as I once again had the temptation to just join him down at the bottom of the tree, where the coyotes had torn him apart at, but as I looked down at it, I saw that the coyotes were no where to be seen, and neither was the body of my father either, meaning that the must have taken him some where to eat him at.
The coyotes seemed to be a lot smarter than I had first thought them to be, as I wondered if they were trying to trick me in to a trap to jump down, thinking that I was safe. I was kind of tempted to do such a thing at the exact same time too, but I held my self in, as I knew that I had a brother back at the barn, that needed to find out as to what it was that had happened to our father.
I was worried that he might think that I had done some thing to him, but I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I figured that I should not be too freaked out about that at this very moment in time, as I knew that I just needed to make it til sun rise, and then that was when it would be safe for me to go down.
I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do after that, if I was going to be frank with my self, as I was wanting to stay back and take care of my brother after all that had happened just this night, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that he had told me that I needed to chase the thing that I had seen in the dreams, and that I should not stay at the barn.
That was of course, before he had past on from this world not too long ago from now, as I was sure that he did not think that what had happened tonight, was in fact doing to happen in the first place, as I was sure that he would have changed his mind, if he knew that his young kit was going to be alone. I knew that the young kit could not make it on his own at the exact same time as well, as he did not know how to hunt, or any thing else for that matter.
I breathed in heavily, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I then began to realize just how tired I was, and just how worn out I was after all that had just happened a few moments ago. I did not want to go to sleep at all though, as I had far too much on my mind at this very moment in time.
I blinked a few times, but I could not stop my self from the fact that me eyes were weak, and that they were falling down lower and lower by each passing moment. I gave up at some point or another, even though I did not want to fall asleep, in the end, it came to pass as doing so, as I could not hold my self in for any longer, as the weariness then took over me.