Chapter 27: This Is It

I stood in this spot for just a few seconds, hoping that there might some other cat that she could be talking about right now, but I knew that it was not the case at all, as I knew that I would have known if there had been another cat with me all of this time, as I felt quite a bit scared, and quite a bit afraid as to the fact that I had been caught, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do.
I felt like perhaps, I should go out and attack them, and fight them, but I felt like that was a terrible idea at the exact same time too, as I knew that these cats might not be bad cats for one thing, and also the fact that there was a fair amount of them, which meant that I would not stand much of a chance in a fight against them, if they were actual rogues, than I was sure that they had got in to fights before, and they knew how to fight a lot better than I did.
I kind of wished that I had asked Frank how to fight off any rogues if I did in fact get attacked by one, but for all that I knew how ever, he might not know how to fight either, as he had been a bit of a kitty pet him self none the less at one point. There was also the fact that he had lived at the barn, and I knew that not any rogues ever walked up on that place, which had been so much of a surprise to him when I had been the one cat that had done as such.
I felt bad for scaring him about his kit that night, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that I needed to be at that place, as that had to be a part of my destiny, that I knew that he had wanted me to go on in the end. I smiled a bit to my self all at once as well, as I then all of the sudden shook my head at the exact same time too, as I was not all too sure as to why my mind was on all of those thoughts right now at all, as I knew that there was more important things that I needed to worry about right at this very moment in time.
That was of course, the fact that there was a few other cats with me right now. I felt like it might be best for me to just run and hide from them, but at the exact same time too, I did not want to run on to their nest, as I knew that it would spell a whole new world of trouble for me if I was in fact to let that be the case, as I then closed my eyes, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do. I felt like it might just be a good idea to pretend that I was not here at all, but I knew that if they stuck around, they would eventually find me, and who knows what they would do after that.
If they did in fact have a nest with other cats, than they for sure would not give up on looking for me either, as I knew that they would be worried that I might try to go in and attack them, which was not what I was trying to do at all, but these cats did not know me, and I knew that they did not know any better at all. I did not know them either, which was still a lot of the reason as to why I was too scared to go and do any thing, as for all I knew, as I had been told from stories about rogues, they could just attack me with intent to kill.
I felt sick, as I felt like the best option for me right now, was to just run, and to hope that I was faster than them. I had ran quite a bit last night, and I felt like I had been going faster than I had ever seen a cat ever go before, but at the exact same time too, I knew that I was aching all over, and I would not be able to go nearly as fast as I would like, and if I thought that I was fast, I might just be an idiot, and the cats that were near me right now, could be a lot faster than I was.
I shivered, as I was not all too certain as to what it was that I should do at this very moment in time, as I seemed to be quite a bit stuck in this spot for quite a bit of some time never the less, as I then breathed in quite a heavy sigh, as at the exact same time too, I then heard the voice, of what seemed to be a bit of a younger she cat. A bit older than a kit, but not all too much older than a kit, as I was a bit lost by it.
I felt like I was a little bit more safe, due to the fact that there was a young cat with me right now, but still, it could be a trap, and I did not want to be too sure of any of it. I stared at the rock that was in front of me for a little bit more time, as I breathed in a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I did not have much of a choice, but to listen as to what it was that the she cat had to say in the very first place any ways, which I did in fact do as such a thing.
"You didn't tell me that we were going to find other cats out here! What if they attack us? Stoneteller told us about there being some cats that might try to attack us!" The young she cat said to the other cats that she was with right at this very moment in time. I did not think all too much on it, at first, as I could tell that the cat was young, and she was a bit scared, as it was clear that this must be one of her first times out of her actual nest.
I grinned a little bit at the exact same time too, as I was not going to lie to my self, I had been a bit afraid to even walk out in to the back yard of my old two leg nest for the first time, as I knew the feeling that the she cat was having right now, as I had once been that way. I was not going to lie to my self either, though I knew that it was a very bad idea for me to do as such a thing, I was starting to feel a little bit better, and a bit safer by each moment, simply just due to all of that.
But still... Why did it feel like I was missing some thing that she had just said not all too long ago, from my head? I was not all too sure as to what it was that it could be, if I was going to be completely honest with my self right now. It was clear that my brain was trying to tell me some thing, but I felt a bit too worn out to think on what it was that it could be right now, as I felt like I just wanted to close my eyes, and fall asleep right now.
I knew that was a terrible idea how ever, just based off of the fact on the situation that I had got my self in to right now, as I knew that there were some rogues near me right now, and they might not have any sort of good intent on me, and also the fact that they might be trying to defend their land, if they were actually good cats, as I was sure that they also knew just as well as I did, that there were a lot of not so good rogues out in the wild.
I felt a bit bad, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should do right at this very moment in time. I felt like I was kind of stuck right now. Was I though? I still felt like there was some thing that my head was trying to tell me, that I just could not comprehend right now, as it was kind of getting on my nerves never the less, as I squinted my eyes at the rock that was in front of me right now, trying to think on what it was.
It was some thing that the she cat had said, that had me a little bit off kilter, and I just was not all too sure as to what it was that seemed to be off as to what it was that she had said in fact, as she had seemed more like a scared young she cat if I was going to be honest with my self, which I really could not blame her for once again, due to the fact that it was clear that this had to be one of her first times that she had ever gone out of her nest.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I thought on each and every word that she had said not all too long ago, as it then all of the sudden hit me as to what it was that she had said to the other cats that she had been with all at the exact same time too, as it was one single word in all of it that had me feeling quite a bit off, which was now starting to make sense to me all of the sudden all at once, as to what it was.
She had used to word, Stoneteller, which was a name for a cat I knew, just based off of the way that she had said it none the less. Also, there was only one time in my life, that I had ever heard the name, Stoneteller, used before, which was of course, the cat that I had been seeing in my dreams. I could not help but to all of the sudden get quite a bit excited, as I then heard the voice of another cat start to speak at the exact same time as well.
I did not get my focus on what the other she cat was saying how ever, as I got my eyes off of the rock that was in front of me, that was protecting me from the other cats that I was with at this very moment in time, that I had been trying to hide from. I then joined them in the clearing, as I heard the she cat speaking right at this very moment in time, as soon as I walked in, as I felt like I did not have much of a choice but to listen as to what it was that the she cat had to say in the very first place any ways.
"It's one cat... They probably won't attack us but we should head back to Stoneteller and tell h-" The she cat was saying, until she all of the sudden noticed me poke my head out behind the rock, as I then all of the sudden joined them in the small little clearing, as if we were good friends, and that we had known each other for out entire life, which was not the case at all, though I felt like the best thing to do to lighten up the mood, was to act calm and chill.
It was a bit hard for me to do such a thing how ever, when all that I could be thinking about right now, was the fact that I had heard them bring up the name of Stoneteller, as I knew that was the cat that I had seen in my dreams, and it was the cat that I had been looking for, for quite some time now. At first, I had in fact thought that it was in fact a dead cat that was coming to see me, such as Ben had told me, but I was starting to realize that it was not the case at this point, as it was clear that the cat was very much alive, just based off of what those cats were saying.
I blinked my eyes, as I looked at the she cat for a few moments, as I saw that she had a look of shock at first, as she moved back, quite a bit surprised as to the fact that I had just walked up on them, and decided that I was going to join them in where it was that they were standing at right now. I could tell that the she cat was not amused by any of it at all, as she squinted her eyes at me, and she then hissed at me, as it seemed like she was going to attack me right now.
I moved back a little bit, as I was quite a bit afraid, as I had not walked in on them with any intent to fight what so ever, as it kind of scared me as to the fact of even thinking of getting in to a fight with a rogue, though this cat that I was looking at right now, did not look like a rogue at all, nor did she seem to smell like one at all either, as it seemed like where ever it was that she lived at, had to be a fairly nice place.
It was starting to get my hopes up a little bit, if I was not going to lie to my self, even if I still was kind of a little bit afraid as to the fact that the she cat had in fact hissed at me not all too long ago, as I still was kind of a little bit afraid that the she cat might jump on me and attack me all of the sudden, which really did not seem to be the case at all, as the she cat just seemed to be a little bit protective of her self, and the other cats that she was with right now.
Which I really felt like I could not blame at all right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I then dipped my head a little bit low to the ground, as I then nodded to the she cat, which I could tell confused her a great deal, as it was clear that she really did not have a clue as to just what it was that was going on right now, which I really did not blame her for at all, either, as I did not really know as to just what it was that I was doing right at this very moment in time, either.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily, as I did my best to try to regain a steady train of thoughts all at the exact same time too, as I stared at the she cat for just a little bit longer, as it seemed like we were having a bit of a staring competition right at this very moment in time, as if the both of us were kits. I could tell it had her a little bit on edge as well, as she was not all too sure as to what it was that she should think, as to the fact that a big tom cat such as me, had all of the sudden walked up on all of them.
I wanted to laugh it off at the exact same time too, as if this was all some sort of joke, but I knew that this was not really some thing that was all too funny for them, as I could tell that the younger she cat was a little bit afraid of me, as it was clear that she was held back by the fact that I was in fact quite a bit tom cat of course, as I had been the same size as my father had been, by the time that I had walked out of the barn, and gone off on the journey of the sun trail.
I did not blame any of the she cats for being so afraid at this very moment in time, as I then all of the sudden, at the exact same time too, then heard the voice of the 3rd, and final she cat that was with me right now, as she finally then began to speak. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I still was a little bit lost, if I was not going to lie to my self, as to just what it was that was even going on in the first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the she cat.
I blinked my eyes, as my jaws dropped at the exact same time too, as I could not help but to be a little bit in awe at the utter beauty of the she cat that I was looking at right in front of me, at this very moment in time as well, as I could not help but to bring a little bit of a smile to my face. I had never really been interested in a she cat up to this point in my life, but there was no denying that this was the most beautiful cat that I had ever seen in my life.
I could tell that she was a little bit lost as to why the fact I was staring at her with such a weird look in my face, as I could tell that it had her a bit off, just like the rest of the cats that she was with right now, as I saw her shiver just a bit, as it was clear that she was not all too sure as to what it was that was wrong with me right now. I was not all too sure as to what it was that was going on with me right now, either, if I was going to be completely honest with my self.
I just could not get my eyes off of her, and maybe that was not such a bad thing, as she was in fact speaking to me right now. Though it could be a bad thing, just based off of the weird look that I knew I had on my face right now, as I was worried that it might scare her a little bit, which was not what I was trying to do at all, as it was simply just the fact that I was admiring how beautiful the cat was that I was looking at right now.
The she cat blinked her eyes, as she then all of the sudden shook her head at me, as if I was some kind of an idiot for some reason, which, maybe could be true, as I was acting quite a bit strange right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I could see why the she cats might be a little bit afraid of me right now, if I was going to be for real as well, as I was acting weird. I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts all at once how ever, as I then shook my head as well, such as the she cat had just done.
It was not to mock her at all, which at first I had been a little bit worried that she had thought that it would be the case, but that luckily did not seem to be like that at all how ever, as she just kept on speaking to me, as I blinked my eyes all of the sudden, at the same time as well, as I then realized that she was speaking, and I then all at the exact same time too, then began to listen as to what it was that she was saying in the very first place any ways.
"Who are you? What are you doing on our territory! You should no better than to not be coming up to this place! Do you not know any better?!" She said to me at first, as I was still a little bit lost on what it was that she had said to me in the very first place any ways, due to the fact that I was still in a bit of shock as to the fact that these were in fact the cats that I had seen from my dreams, and also the fact that the she cat was so ever good looking too.
I shook my head once again, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts from my head at the same time as well, as I knew that I needed to be a lot more serious that I was right now, as the she cat had in fact just spoken to me, and she also had her eyes squinted at me as well, as it was clear that she was expecting a bit of a response from me, which I did not blame her for either, just based off of what it was that she had said to me.
I once again was starting to get a little bit afraid, if I was not going to lie to my self, as to the fact that it might have been a bad idea for me to come up to this place in the very first place any ways, as I was not all too certain if I was welcome here, and if I was a dumb for following a place that I had simply just seen in my dreams. Just based off of what it was that she had just said, it was clear that the other cats that lived any where near this area, knew that you were not supposed to go on their land at all.
I felt a bit bad for it, as well as the fact that I was still a bit lost and afraid as to what it was that I should be doing right at this very moment in time none the less too, as I felt a bit sick once again. I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground, still not all too sure as to what it was that I should say back to the she cat that had just spoken to me. I was not going to lie as well, a lot of the reason that I was a bit afraid to speak, was due to the fact that I felt like I was not worthy to be in the presence of such a beautiful cat.
Of course, I was how ever, and I knew that the more that I sat there, the more that it became suspicious to all of the cats, and the more likely that they might just so happen to in fact attack me, which I did not want to happen, as I did not come to this place in my dreams simply due to the fact that I wanted to get in to a fight. I often liked to avoid getting in to fights, which I knew would surprise a lot of cats, due to the fact that I was such a big and strong cat.
I sighed just a little bit to my self all at once, as I then all of the sudden shook my head all at once as well, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, and I got my focus back on to what it was that I felt like should be a lot more important right now, which was the reason that I had come up on to their land in the very first place, which made me all of the sudden nod to my self. The she cat that had just spoken to me, had clearly thought that I had nodded to her at the same time too how ever, as I then saw her nod back to me.
As soon as I saw her nod, it made my brain sort of stop on to spot, as it kind of scared me at the same time too, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I should say now, as I had not meant to nod to her at all. It was clear that she thought that I had meant it on the fact that I was about to speak to her, which had not been the case at all, but it was too late to revert it at this point, as I had already made the mistake in doing what it was that I had done.
I sighed a bit of a soft sigh to my self all at once, as I locked eyes with the she cat that was staring right in to my eyes right now, as I then gulped at the exact same time too, as I was still not all too sure as to what it was that I should say back to her in the very first place any ways, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily, still a little bit scared to even be near this cat right now, as I felt like I just wanted to stare at her in awe.
I did my best to stay strong how ever, as I tried to keep a little bit of some sort of control over my self, as I then pretended to act strong, and tough to the she cat, which I thought she was going to laugh at, but it was clear that she did not have a clue as to what it was that I was thinking right now, thankfully enough for me, as I then all of the sudden, at the exact same time as well, then began to speak back to her, and the others that she was with none the less.
"Stoneteller? I heard you say that name! That is the cat that I have been seeing in my dreams... He has been telling me that I need to come here..." I said to her, as I had my eyes wide open at the same time as well, trying to make it a bit more obvious as to the fact that this was important to me. Of course it was, I knew that Stoneteller was the cat that I needed to see, and he was the cat that I needed to speak to right now. He was going to tell me where my new home was.
Well, for all that I knew, I could be standing right up on my new home right now, as I looked down below me at the exact same time as well, and I stared at it for a few moments, not all too sure as to what it was that I was even doing in the very first place any ways, as I was sure that I looked fairly stupid to all of the she cats that were with me right now, though when I looked at them from the corner of my eyes, I could see that they were more just lost by what it was that I had even said to them any ways.
I wondered if it were due to the fact that I had not made it all too obvious as to the real reason that I had come here. I thought that I had, as I knew that I had told them that I had recognized the name Stoneteller, and I was sure that when I got up to the place that I was supposed to go to, I would recognize the face, such as I had recognized the face of the beautiful she cat that was right beside me right at this very moment in time as well.
I shook off those thoughts all at once how ever, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that was going on with me right now, nor was I all too sure as to what it was that I was even thinking about right now as well, as I sighed a bit to my self, as I felt a little bit lost, as well as the fact that I was quite a bit sick, and I wanted to try to get my self out of what ever it was that my head was trapped in right now.
I stared down at the ground, as I was sure that doing that was not helping me all too much, as it felt like I was only feeding the flame on the thoughts that I was having too, as I was not looking at any thing, and I was not paying any sort of attention as to the cats that were with me right now, as it seemed like I was stuck in my own world right now, which I knew for a fact did not help me one bit right now, either.
I sighed, as I did my best to just try to shake off all of those thoughts, as I got my focus on what it was that I had come here for in the very first place any ways, which was of course, the fact that I was following the sun trail, and I might actually finally get to meet the cat that went by the name of Stoneteller, if he was a real cat of course, which I felt like he had to be at this point, just based off of the fact that I had heard his name brought up more than once now.
I still was a little bit lost, though I knew that I should not be at all, as I knew that all of the pieces were now coming together for me, and it was clear to me now, that I was at the place that I needed to be at. At least, I hoped that I was, as I was sure that if I had to go any further, I might just so give up, and my body felt like it was about to die at this point. I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time as well how ever, as I then all of the sudden, finally heard the voice of the nice looking she cat start to speak up to me once again.
I blinked my eyes just a few times, as I still was kind of a little bit lost if I was not going to lie to my self, but I did my best to try not to focus on any of that all too much, as I then got my eyes on her once again, doing my best to try to act like I was not all too attracted to her at all, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily, and I then began to listen as to what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways.
"You want to go meet our leader? Huh? Well... If that is the case... Than you follow us... But if you try to pull some thing on us, than we will fight back, and don't think that it's going to be some easy pass to get over to him either..." She said to me, as I could see that she had her eyes squinted at me still, as it was clear that she did not trust me at all, which I did not blame her for either, as I had already come to a bit of the assumption that Stoneteller was the leader of some thing.
The stupid thing that I had done how ever, was the fact that I had made it seem like I was eager to meet him, which I was of course, which I felt like I really could not help at all, due to the fact that he was in fact the cat that I had seen in my dreams after all. I was a little bit excited about all of it, as I was quite a bit glad that the she cat had not thought all too much on the fact that I had been so eager to go and meet him.
I was quite a bit excited to see the cat in person, in front of my own eyes if I was not going to lie. I had seen him so many times in my dreams at this point, and I felt like finally, I was actually going to see him now. I just hoped that he was not the same weird and strange cat that I had seen in my dreams, though I was not going to lie, maybe I was just over thinking all of that as well, as I knew that all of my dreams were quite a bit weird, and they were hard to understand.
I breathed in just a bit heavily once again, as I got my focus off of all of those thoughts how ever, as I saw that the she cat that I had just spoken to, had all of the sudden nodded to me for some odd reason or another, as at first I was a little bit lost as to what it could be, as I then tilted my head at the she cat, as I saw her roll her eyes at me, as if I was some kind of an idiot. I was still a bit lost as to why how ever.
It then hit me all at once, as to what it was that she had just said to me, as I then all of the sudden nodded back to her at the exact same time too, as I then got my focus back on to what it was that we were even doing right now, in the very first place any ways, as I blinked my eyes a few times. I looked at the other she cats that were with me right now, as I saw that they no longer had their eyes on me at all, as they were already going up the hill, such as I had been trying to go to before all of this.
I sighed just a bit to my self, as I saw that the pretty she cat was doing the same thing as them right now, as I then realized that I needed to follow them, as I really did not want to risk them attacking me, like she said she would do if I did any thing that seemed to be any sort of fishy to her, which I really did not blame her for either, as I was in fact on their land never the less as well.
I kept my eyes locked on her for a little while longer, as I then shook my head, knowing that I was an idiot for what it was that I was doing, as I then all of the sudden looked above me. That was when I saw it, though it was at a different angle than I had seen it from in my dream just last night. There it was... This had to be the place that I had been told to go in the sun trail... It all made sense to me now, as I then began to speak to my self, a little bit quiet, so that no one could hear what it was that I said.
"There it is... This is it..."